Would you commit to Auburn right now?

AUght2win

7 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Dude, it’s a business, they make money off subscriptions of people wanting to get the scoop. That’s a big deal to the journalists working for them too for those particular fanbase’s. If AU people, which is a top 5 fanbase on their paid boards see that there is absolutely no reason to pay for their site if they can’t offer legit intel, that hurts them. Crazy how we should be concerned/worried about a coach that has yet to coach his first game at AU, yet you defended 8 win year after 8 win year until you were blue in the face? You tried to say “I’ll support whoever auburn’s coach is”. I have yet to see it

That, however, has nothing at all to do with rankings.

I'm all for Harsin & staff. I can be for them and still be concerned about recruiting, which at this point is last in the SEC.

Just now, Mikey said:

That, however, has nothing at all to do with rankings.

I'm all for Harsin & staff. I can be for them and still be concerned about recruiting, which at this point is last in the SEC.

Lol, a guy that has never coached a game at AU, and you’re concerned. Don’t ever remember you being concerned in the last 8 years when recruiting was solid and the results on the field weren’t. The previous staff left us in this position. I really cannot mentally understand your take. Because it absolutely makes no sense to be concerned at this point, unless you’re a habitual ledge stepper or you really don’t care for the new staff to succeed, out of spite.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Lol, a guy that has never coached a game at AU, and you’re concerned. Don’t ever remember you being concerned in the last 8 years when recruiting was solid and the results on the field weren’t. The previous staff left us in this position. I really cannot mentally understand your take. Because it absolutely makes no sense to be concerned at this point, unless you’re a habitual ledge stepper or you really don’t care for the new staff to succeed, out of spite.

A lot of people are concerned about the current state our recruiting. How that can be blamed on people that are no longer associated with AU is a mystery.

Maybe you could get a better picture if you'd get off of this "hate Gus at all costs" message board and sit around a coffee table with actual, real life AU fans.

By the way, I just watched a re-run of the 2013 Iron Bowl. While Gus's call on the Kick Six was great, the often overlooked part of that game was that AU dominated the 4th quarter and had the thing gone into overtime, barring a fluke we'd have won in OT too.

• Like 1

Today's made me feel a bit better about what this staff is doing. Are we missing on guys? Absolutely, and that is to be expected. There should be slight concern, but I keep trying to remind myself that we will not finish signing day with only 3 commits. We will get our numbers, just a matter of quality. I'm refreshed that Harsin is taking an organized, deliberate approach to all this. The two areas I'm very concerned about right now are O-line and Inside linebacker. Seems like we rarely hear about targets at those positions, and we seem to be striking out with all our O-line targets except Harris and Bobo, who are both 50/50. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

A lot of people are concerned about the current state our recruiting. How that can be blamed on people that are no longer associated with AU is a mystery.

Maybe you could get a better picture if you'd get off of this "hate Gus at all costs" message board and sit around a coffee table with actual, real life AU fans.

By the way, I just watched a re-run of the 2013 Iron Bowl. While Gus's call on the Kick Six was great, the often overlooked part of that game was that AU dominated the 4th quarter and had the thing gone into overtime, barring a fluke we'd have won in OT too.

Lol your love is amazing. I actually do. Once a week actually, older AU fans, however they are much more receptive than you and aren’t blinded by the love of a previous coach.  The inconsistent oline recruiting, the fact that we didn’t have top tier oline talent lining up to play here, well you know that story. The inconsistencies, which caused him to often to be on the hot seat, yea that won’t scare some players off. The constantly putting players in positions where it was hard to succeed, yea that’ll hurt. Did you also watch the LSU debacle? I mean it’s crazy how it’s “gus hate” when it’s on this side, and there are fairly new posters who say “how did I know this would turn into a shot at the new staff” after one of your posts and they haven’t dealt with you for a decade. Lol. You should really trade in your orange and blue for black and gold

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

You should really trade in your orange and blue for black and gold

Vandy has always been my 2nd SEC team.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

@bigbird Have you been posting the same?

On 6/30/2021 at 1:07 AM, bigbird said:

As far as '22 goes, I'd only expect about 15-17 HS signees with spots available to backfill with transfers. We'll dance with the ones that brought us this year and maybe next. The '23 class is where we'll see his true nature and ability. That bodes well with the foundation he is building throughout the athletic department

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Wish I was as adept at searching. I remember arguing with "folks" (one guy whose handle starts with W and ends with E.D.) that we'd take an unusually high number of transfers again in this cycle to continue to bridge the gap, although probably not as many as in the '21 cycle. 

I think several of us have agreed that we should really know what we have by '23. Alas, the hand wringing will go on.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

IMO, it wasn’t Gus’s recruiting that got him fired. To me it was what he accomplished with the offensive side of the ball ( especially the last 5 years.

It was his lack of coaching skills AND missing on a lot of his guys on his side of the ball. Didn't see much of this on the defensive side. Huge misses on offense. Then the lack of development. It was a combination of both. 

Look at the WR's now. Huge huge huge roster management issues abound. Year to year to year. Criminal that the younger guys didn't get some development. Get at least one of them involved so you have some experience the next year. But Gus didn't have any kind of plans, just rolled with the punches. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, AUght2win said:

How are we doing with the bigger name prospects with a long offer list? That's my real concern.

2021 class is going to be a top 15 to 20 type class. Is what it is. 2022 will be different and should be in the top 10. We have some good recruiters, just new. Give it a year.  

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

I don't get the sour grapes statement. If kids commit, they get added. If nobody commits to AU, we don't get any additions. The sites don't have flexibility on that. Right now they are all showing us dead last in the SEC and it's not even close.

It's not time to panic but anybody who isn't concerned either isn't paying attention or doesn't care.

Don't get the sour grapes? They aren't getting any info from the coaches or recruits after visits. They have been cut off. People pay for recruiting info. They are not happy with the way Harsin's staff has cut them off. So they go all scorched earth on the new staff and recruiting. Just go listen to JLee on their podcast. See what he has been writing. 

Have to remember here, lot of these guys sources are done. They were exposed during the coaching search. Info from them is crap and they all know it now. Lot of egg on a lot of people faces after the search. 

As far as your second statement........................ MEH. Get concerned in October. Now isn't the time. But you all all butthurt so you do you. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Gus didn't make that call on the Kick Six. It was Ellis Johnson. Fact. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Lol your love is amazing. I actually do. Once a week actually, older AU fans, however they are much more receptive than you and aren’t blinded by the love of a previous coach.  The inconsistent oline recruiting, the fact that we didn’t have top tier oline talent lining up to play here, well you know that story. The inconsistencies, which caused him to often to be on the hot seat, yea that won’t scare some players off. The constantly putting players in positions where it was hard to succeed, yea that’ll hurt. Did you also watch the LSU debacle? I mean it’s crazy how it’s “gus hate” when it’s on this side, and there are fairly new posters who say “how did I know this would turn into a shot at the new staff” after one of your posts and they haven’t dealt with you for a decade. Lol. You should really trade in your orange and blue for black and gold

Real life AU fans didn't talk bad about Gus. It was us who live in the other world that did. Dude is a clown. A butthurt clown. 

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

2021 class is going to be a top 15 to 20 type class. Is what it is. 2022 will be different and should be in the top 10. We have some good recruiters, just new. Give it a year.  

I think you got the years mixed up. We're in the 2022 recruiting cycle now, and it'll be 2023 before we'll be back at full strength recruiting, I believe is what you meant.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

It was his lack of coaching skills AND missing on a lot of his guys on his side of the ball. Didn't see much of this on the defensive side. Huge misses on offense. Then the lack of development. It was a combination of both. 

Look at the WR's now. Huge huge huge roster management issues abound. Year to year to year. Criminal that the younger guys didn't get some development. Get at least one of them involved so you have some experience the next year. But Gus didn't have any kind of plans, just rolled with the punches. 

To be fair, he didn't get his starting WRs involved, either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

From December 2012 to present, Auburn has played 107 football games. Gus Malzahn coached all 107 and Bryan Harsin coached none of them. But by all means, let's openly wonder how Malzahn still has an effect on this program's ability to recruit.

Good gravy, what an idiot you are.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

To be fair, he didn't get his starting WRs involved, either.

What are you talking about? Didn't you see that great display of WR blocking for the last 8 years?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Nothing like that happens without the head coach approving it. However, that was one of the things Gus could do well, make a quick decision. Check out the last two minutes of the '19 Iron Bowl. That was all Gus, preparation and play call.

It's ok to say his term at AU was not what we wanted. Trying to discredit every positive thing Gus did is childish bitterness.

Don't get the sour grapes? They aren't getting any info from the coaches or recruits after visits. They have been cut off. People pay for recruiting info. They are not happy with the way Harsin's staff has cut them off. So they go all scorched earth on the new staff and recruiting. Just go listen to JLee on their podcast. See what he has been writing. 

What does that have to do with rankings? No matter how sour they are, when a kid commits to AU they will post it.

50 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Nothing like that happens without the head coach approving it. However, that was one of the things Gus could do well, make a quick decision. Check out the last two minutes of the '19 Iron Bowl. That was all Gus, preparation and play call.

It's ok to say his term at AU was not what we wanted. Trying to discredit every positive thing Gus did is childish bitterness.

What does that have to do with rankings? No matter how sour they are, when a kid commits to AU they will post it.

Gus Ok'd putting Davis back there but didn't make the call. Fact. 

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

It has nothing to do with rankings, but it does have something to do with the perception of how we are doing in recruiting. The paysites are no longer getting inside information like they were with Gus, so apparently JLee is trying to make it appear the same way you are trying to make it appear: As if the sky is falling. Even though it's not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

does pass the biscuits still come in here?

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

i was told gus made the call and another coach suggested putting davis back there. anyone remember that? my memory is bad and i am certainly not looking for a fight.

On 7/3/2021 at 10:39 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It's not just an Auburn thing man, I don't know if I'd wanted to play for anyone, IF I WAS A PRIZED RECRUIT,  without seeing tape on the field.

This is the key. During the first year of a new coaching staff the best recruiting pitch you have is on field production. Everyone that asks for a prediction of this season gets the same answer from me. I think 8 wins has to be our floor, but more important than that, we WONT LOOK INCOMPETENT in any games. As a former offensive lineman it's pretty uplifting to know if you do your job the offense will move because your gameplan will work and the men around you are capable and well coached. That same can be applied to recruiting. When I see a product on the field that shows improvement through coaching and success in the long run, that's something I can commit 3 or 4 years to. 

Long story short, if we win our first 3 (Penn State is a big game due to exposure) and dont look bumbling and like we tripped in to a win, the recruiting will follow.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i was told gus made the call and another coach suggested putting davis back there. anyone remember that? my memory is bad and i am certainly not looking for a fight.

It wasn't Gus. I believe it was Horton and EJ

• Haha 1