Would you commit to Auburn right now?

AUght2win

18 hours ago, bigbird said:

laugh all you want. I know there's no way you'll ever believe WDE or me, so here is Horton talking about it himself.

18 hours ago, bigbird said:

I imagine being gone from AU and Gus's staff, he felt very free to tell it like it went down - at least through his eyes and ears.

Indeed, it was best told that way after he's no longer an AU employee.

The take of another former AU employee: "That was the single best coaching call I've ever seen" ~~~Tommy Tuberville, who was in the booth as a guest at the time.

Edited by Mikey
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

17 hours ago, Timbeaux38 said:

Agree about Nick.... Kid was slicker than a fresh bass and had an uncanny ability to pull a big play out of his ass in seemingly impossible conditions.  When you have a player that can turn a busted play into a big play like that, it can cover up some coaching weaknesses.

And cool as a cucumber. Nick always looked under control, and RARELY panicked, if ever. He KNEW he could put zip on a ball, long or short, or outrun a defense, no matter the situation. Remarkable poise and leadership.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

To clarify: Gus pointed the situation out, Chizik made the call.

So in reality Gus made the call and Chiz OK's the call. Same as the Kick Six. Happens multiple times a game. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just finishing with a better class than UCF would count for something. I don't want bad fortune to follow Gus wherever he goes, so I don't want to be mean to the guy, but I'd like for some firm evidence that we made the right decision. Like if he wins 8-10 games a year at UCF then fine.

Edited by AUwent

4 hours ago, AUwent said:

but I'd like for some firm evidence that we made the right decision. 

Avg 4+ losses a year for 8 years

• Like 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Well yeah, but given who we play, Harsin could easily do the same thing. That's not to say Gus didn't have some completely inexcusable losses, mind you. IDK, I'm just trying to figure out what a fair timetable of expectations is for the next five years.

Edited by AUwent

38 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Made the right decision a half a decade too late.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AUwent said:

Well yeah, but given who we play, Harsin could easily do the same thing. That's not to say Gus didn't have some completely inexcusable losses, mind you. IDK, I'm just trying to figure out what a fair timetable of expectations is for the next five years.

It's more than that....our offensive genius got figured out after he kept running the same plays for 8 years.. refused to evolve, and became predictable. I don't see that from Harsin even if he has the same record. He'll do what it takes to win and he knows what it takes. Our former  coach repeated lines he wrote at the beginning of every year and was better running offensive plays than running the program. A fair timetable would be 3-4 years. In my opinion. 

• Like 4

Our former  coach repeated lines he wrote at the beginning of every year and was better running offensive plays than running the program.

No doubt.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

It's more than that....our offensive genius got figured out after he kept running the same plays for 8 years.. refused to evolve, and became predictable. I don't see that from Harsin even if he has the same record. He'll do what it takes to win and he knows what it takes. Our former  coach repeated lines he wrote at the beginning of every year and was better running offensive plays than running the program. A fair timetable would be 3-4 years. In my opinion. 

2021 and 22: Average 7.5 wins

2023 and 24: Average 9 wins

2025: SECC/CFP run

• Like 1