Ohio Allows Doctors to Deny LGBTQ Health Care on Moral Grounds

On 7/14/2021 at 4:50 PM, wdefromtx said:

Damn, a hell of a conversation I choose to check back in on…….😂😂😂😂

where ya been? been a minute.

16 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

where ya been? been a minute.

Yeah it has. Mainly just been busy, I would check in on here every so often hoping that some on here would calm down now that Trump is not in office. Perhaps open their minds for discussion. But it seems many are too worried about him and not what matters and quite frankly the leftward racing circle jerk has gotten even worse now that Trumps out. Kinda comical yet sad at the same time. 

On another note, I don't know about you.....but I am tired of the prices going up on everything and there being shortages of practically everything around. The price of everything is insane, lol. Not to mention I am getting a new roof next week. I am glad insurance is picking up that tab though.

• Like 2

one sheet of plywood is a hundred and sixty five bucks. as for stuff going up i assume that is trump and his trade deals but in all honesty i have no idea. i am not sure biden could screw up that bad in a seven months. anyway glad you are ok.

38 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

one sheet of plywood is a hundred and sixty five bucks. as for stuff going up i assume that is trump and his trade deals but in all honesty i have no idea. i am not sure biden could screw up that bad in a seven months. anyway glad you are ok.

Can’t pin prices on Trump. It’s largely a supply chain issue caused by the stupid virus. From people not being able to work due to mandated shutdowns at factories here in the US and major outbreaks in Asia. It took me three months to get a set of cylinder heads from Trick Flow. lol 

Then there’s gas prices. Which are about right where they need to be. I’m going to wait and see if oil cracks $100….if they do then that’s on Biden. He’s already caused some of the run up by freaking all the traders out with how he’s trying to not sell anymore leases.

Which speaking of fuel, one of my projects currently is on a team that is made up of Porsche engineers and ExxonMobil engineers. And if all works out the internal combustion engine isn’t going anywhere!! #notsofastelectriccars!! lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

Lumber markets have been screwy for some time. Like WDETX said it is a supply thing and the backlog hard to meet. Problem is that mills can not be built and start producing overnight.

Regardless…..I blame Biden and lack of leadership.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Lumber markets have been screwy for some time. Like WDETX said it is a supply thing and the backlog hard to meet. Problem is that mills can not be built and start producing overnight.

Regardless…..I blame Biden and lack of leadership.

i could be mistaken but some time in the late eighties or early nineties a hurricane hit florida and a military base. i remember the prices going sky high way back then but i do not remember then ever going back down. it is just like why do they raise gas right before a holiday? they do here all the damn time.

14 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i could be mistaken but some time in the late eighties or early nineties a hurricane hit florida and a military base. i remember the prices going sky high way back then but i do not remember then ever going back down. it is just like why do they raise gas right before a holiday? they do here all the damn time.

Andrew hit Miami in 92 I think. Lumber shot up overnight and never came back close to pre hurricane prices. Remember we had a big project with Russell Mills in Alex City that required a lot of form ply. Had not bought the material out and it became a hot commodity. Eventually found and bought a rail car full. Our loss on the material was substantial ( pushing 40k ), regardless, we had excess material. Donated and shipped it folks in need around the Miami area.

6 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Andrew hit Miami in 92 I think. Lumber shot up overnight and never came back close to pre hurricane prices. Remember we had a big project with Russell Mills in Alex City that required a lot of form ply. Had not bought the material out and it became a hot commodity. Eventually found and bought a rail car full. Our loss on the material was substantial ( pushing 40k ), regardless, we had excess material. Donated and shipped it folks in need around the Miami area.

that was it! i almost got to go tdy  for that but senior guys ahead of me beat me out of it.

On 7/16/2021 at 4:04 PM, SaltyTiger said:

Voting is a simple and relatively convenient process. Of course a little inconvenience comes with most privileges and it should. (ie, showing and ID when buying a twelve pack of beer)

I do not agree with "Trump won" claims so no need need to call me gullible. I understand that some fraud exist and small inconvenience may help in dispelling it.    

Republican are trying to reduce the number of people who vote, specifically blacks and other minorities:

Voting Laws Roundup: May 2021

Across the country, the effort to restrict the vote continues, with a wave of bills moving through state legislatures and becoming law.

Between January 1 and May 14, 2021, at least 14 states enacted 22 new laws that restrict access to the vote.  The United States is on track to far exceed its most recent period of significant voter suppression — 2011. By October of that year, 19 restrictive laws were enacted in 14 states. This year, the country has already reached that level, and it’s only May.

https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/research-reports/voting-laws-roundup-may-2021

As for creating "inconvenience" as a way of preventing fraud, considering there were fewer than two dozen instances of fraud in the 2020 election, that hardly seems to be a reasonable trade off.  We should make it easier to vote, not harder.

Despite GOP rhetoric, there have been fewer than two dozen charged cases of voter fraud since the election

One person has faced charges for every 10 million votes cast

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/05/04/despite-gop-rhetoric-there-have-been-fewer-than-two-dozen-charged-cases-voter-fraud-since-election/

Edited by homersapien
  • Thanks 1

Just got to ask this for all the ones supporting or pretending to support this bill.

What is the determining factor on being LGBTQ+ for these folks? 
Is it a Rainbow Flag flying from their home?
Is it membership in PFLAG? Thats the Parents org btw.
Is it just dressing too gay?
Or do the Unsatisfactory Patients have to declare themselves to be Gay?
Whatabout "Recovered" Gays?
Where do the 57 "Supposed Genders" Fit in all this?
Do effeminate men qualify as Gay? What is the Standard? Who decides?
Do Bromances count?

I am just curious as to the level of dickishness that is going to be applied to this bill?

• Like 2

On 7/9/2021 at 10:58 AM, aubiefifty said:

The provision allows anyone providing medical care — from doctors and nurses to researchers and lab techs – and anyone paying for that care (namely, insurance providers), “the freedom to decline to perform, participate in, or pay for any health care service which violates the practitioner’s, institution’s, or payer’s conscience as informed by the moral, ethical, or religious beliefs.” 

This is what the article says about the bill. I would have thought that the individuals already had the freedom not to perform services that violate their beliefs. It sounds like the bill is just stated a right that already existed.

Does anyone here know of a problem with people being denied care because of a physician's beliefs? Does anyone here know of LGBTQ+ people being denied care for any reason?

1 hour ago, Grumps said:

This is what the article says about the bill. I would have thought that the individuals already had the freedom not to perform services that violate their beliefs. It sounds like the bill is just stated a right that already existed.

Does anyone here know of a problem with people being denied care because of a physician's beliefs? Does anyone here know of LGBTQ+ people being denied care for any reason?

all i have heard about so far is wedding cakes. but my personal opinion is you are not condoning anything because you made someone a cake. but if memory serves me right the bakery that refused the wedding cake went out of business. but if you are a doctor in an emergency i do not believe you have the right to refuse helping someone. but they swear an oath which may sound hokey but a lot of folks believe in that oath.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

all i have heard about so far is wedding cakes. but my personal opinion is you are not condoning anything because you made someone a cake. but if memory serves me right the bakery that refused the wedding cake went out of business. but if you are a doctor in an emergency i do not believe you have the right to refuse helping someone. but they swear an oath which may sound hokey but a lot of folks believe in that oath.

Nobody is saying anyone can refuse treatment in an emergency room. That’s not what the bill is about.  It is about a doctor who has a religious objection to performing addadicktome surgery on a female who wants to be a man.  Or the reverse.  It merely allows the doctor to refuse to perform it. That surgery and others regarding transitioning are completely elective in nature.  The patient can go find someone else to do it.

The cakemaker case plaintiff could have gone to numerous other bakeries to get their cake. They refused to do that and demanded THAT baker bake their cake, no one else. They had an agenda and did not have a legitimate complaint.  This bill would prevent the same tactic against people out to destroy someone who doesn’t share their values, or lack thereof.

• Facepalm 1

On 7/17/2021 at 2:35 PM, homersapien said:

Republican are trying to reduce the number of people who vote, specifically blacks and other minorities:

Voting Laws Roundup: May 2021

Across the country, the effort to restrict the vote continues, with a wave of bills moving through state legislatures and becoming law.

Between January 1 and May 14, 2021, at least 14 states enacted 22 new laws that restrict access to the vote.  The United States is on track to far exceed its most recent period of significant voter suppression — 2011. By October of that year, 19 restrictive laws were enacted in 14 states. This year, the country has already reached that level, and it’s only May.

https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/research-reports/voting-laws-roundup-may-2021

As for creating "inconvenience" as a way of preventing fraud, considering there were fewer than two dozen instances of fraud in the 2020 election, that hardly seems to be a reasonable trade off.  We should make it easier to vote, not harder.

Despite GOP rhetoric, there have been fewer than two dozen charged cases of voter fraud since the election

One person has faced charges for every 10 million votes cast

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/05/04/despite-gop-rhetoric-there-have-been-fewer-than-two-dozen-charged-cases-voter-fraud-since-election/

And the court sees these safeguards “restrictions” as having “ equal impact”.

https://www.npr.org/2021/07/01/998758022/the-supreme-court-upheld-upholds-arizona-measures-that-restrict-voting

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

And the court sees these safeguards “restrictions” as having “ equal impact”.

https://www.npr.org/2021/07/01/998758022/the-supreme-court-upheld-upholds-arizona-measures-that-restrict-voting

Sure.  The "Trump court".

Hardly surprising.

• Haha 1