Harsin strikes again

aubiefifty

On 7/9/2021 at 5:42 PM, AUght2win said:

It tells you a lot about how bad Goodman is at his job. He thinks Auburn getting a UGA transfer is a daring, bandit-like new concept. He thinks the same about us getting other interconference guys.

I wonder if he's heard of Nick Marshall? Tray Matthews? Corey Grant? Kenny Irons? Cam Newton?

Clearly.  Embarrassing is that some actually believe that the article is something other than hyperbole. 

11 hours ago, cbo said:

I agree with you this article sucks; it's misleading and embarrassing. 

But you're wrong about Kay Ivey. Her ad is the same kind of regressive social policy that has held Alabama back for years. It IS an imaginary problem in Alabama. With real issues in the state that desperately need to be addressed, she chooses to focus an ad on transgender athletes. Why do you think that is? Name one example of this being a problem in the state of Alabama. 

So a person who was a man for 35 years, qualifies for the OLYMPICS as a WEIGHTLIFTER, and you think it's an imaginary problem? The literal height of all athletics is normalizing anti-science. It's a huge problem that needs to be addressed now before more people demand we all believe 2+2=5.

Edited by AUght2win
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, AUght2win said:

So a person who was a man for 35 years, qualifies for the OLYMPICS as a WEIGHTLIFTER, and you think it's an imaginary problem? The literal height of all athletics is normalizing anti-science. It's a huge problem that needs to be addressed now before more people demand we all believe 2+2=5.

people demand we all believe 2+2=5

Whoa, hold on a minute, when did this happen?

16 hours ago, cbo said:

I agree with you this article sucks; it's misleading and embarrassing. 

But you're wrong about Kay Ivey. Her ad is the same kind of regressive social policy that has held Alabama back for years. It IS an imaginary problem in Alabama. With real issues in the state that desperately need to be addressed, she chooses to focus an ad on transgender athletes. Why do you think that is? Name one example of this being a problem in the state of Alabama. 

You are absolutely right

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AUght2win said:

A weight lifter in New Zealand is a huge problem for the state of Alabama. That makes about as much sense as you bringing up the issue in a thread about Harsin.

It's another in a long line of ultimately futile gestures that appease the constituents and look very embarrassing in retrospect. 

Got to love this image of Harsin. He is ready to do some thievery to make 2021 a special season that a lot of folks have not seen coming. He wants to win now and not down the road. Of course he wants to win down the road as well. I really love this coach and we have not seen anyone quite like him around the football program.  I would not be surprised to see us right there with the big dogs in the SEC in 2021. If we have a really strong season, and I see this coming to fruition more and more with each act Harsin performs with precision, this will lift our recruiting efforts to the level we need to be near the top of the SEC. Got to love this coach for sure!

I know this is hyperbole, but it presents a fun side of the coach.  We all know he is a very serious coach with a dead on focus to be the best he can be in the SEC.  Harsin has been rated the best of all of the new coaches coming into the SEC for their first season. Once we get recruiting up to the speed it needs to be, then our program will be on its way to being very successful.

Edited by doc4aday

42 minutes ago, cbo said:

A weight lifter in New Zealand is a huge problem for the state of Alabama. That makes about as much sense as you bringing up the issue in a thread about Harsin.

It's another in a long line of ultimately futile gestures that appease the constituents and look very embarrassing in retrospect. 

Fantastic logic, there. Referring to a high profile example as if it's the only instance. Also great logic - assuming a high profile precedent won't have impact anywhere else.

Do your research. There's a lot of this happening, actually, and with the rate of trans identification skyrocketing in teens (up 4400% for teen girls in the UK, for example), it's going to be even more commonplace. 

But then again, if this is all just make-believe, her stance won't hurt anyone, right?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cbo said:

And it IS on topic. We were talking about how Goodman's articles are usually bizarre rants like the one he wrote against Ivey.

Well, I asked you to provide an example from Alabama (again, the place that should be Ivey's concern) and you didn't do it. 

Here's some research. Almost half transgender adults attempted suicide at some point in their lives. Violence against transgender people is on the rise. I'm more concerned about that and the impact of hurtful rhetoric from politicians trying to get votes from their conservative base.

But you keep on about your weightlifter. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

And it IS on topic. We were talking about how Goodman's articles are usually bizarre rants like the one he wrote against Ivey.

Everyone else was talking about the take on Harsin. You brought up politics. 

• Like 1

If a guy is that bad at writing sports pieces, idk why you wouldn’t just keep it about sports pieces. Seems a bit…unnecessary…to create an opportunity to reference his political writings in a sports forum 

Certainly spits in the face of the idea of keeping politics out of sports

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

If a guy is that bad at writing sports pieces, idk why you wouldn’t just keep it about sports pieces. Seems a bit…unnecessary…to create an opportunity to reference his political writings in a sports forum 

Certainly does. And I will stop posting about it as well, since this isn't the place. 

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

Well, I asked you to provide an example from Alabama (again, the place that should be Ivey's concern) and you didn't do it. 

Here's some research. Almost half transgender adults attempted suicide at some point in their lives. Violence against transgender people is on the rise. I'm more concerned about that and the impact of hurtful rhetoric from politicians trying to get votes from their conservative base.

But you keep on about your weightlifter. 

I can tell you about Fallon Fox cracking a woman's skull in the UFC. I can tell you about Cece Telfer winning a track national championship. Or how two trans athletes won a combined 15 state titles in Connecticut. Rachel McKinnon's world records in cycling. Mary Gregory's US powerlifting records. There are also instances of American high school girls being beaten in run of the mill athletic events. 

I truly empathize with trans people. I hope they can use whatever therapies and methods are available to help them. 

But the answer is not to deny the concept of biology. The answer isn't to put biological females in an unfair competition against men to spare someone's feelings. That's an untenable, unfair solution. 

And it should be noted that trans suicide rates are virtually unaffected by surgery. So even if we wanted to go down the route of pretending biology doesn't exist to save lives - it wouldn't. It's not the answer. Denying science rarely is. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

https://www.al.com/highschoolsports/2021/06/kay-iveys-discrimination-is-harmful-for-trans-kids.html

My thoughts exactly. This was front page of the sports section two weeks ago. 

5 minutes ago, cbo said:

Certainly does. And I will stop posting about it as well, since this isn't the place. 

I'll chill as well. If you want to respond to my last one, since I posted last, feel free. But regardless I won't respond any further since, as you said, this isn't the place and I've said enough. 

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

https://www.al.com/highschoolsports/2021/06/kay-iveys-discrimination-is-harmful-for-trans-kids.html

My thoughts exactly. This was front page of the sports section two weeks ago. 

Ignoring that you clearly pivoted your premise in a particular way with quotes like and has written several liberal group-think propaganda pieces

How does that being centerstage on Al.com excuse you centering a conversation around it here in the sports section? It certainly shouldn’t provide you a loophole just because it’s in their sports section, especially if you yourself can identify it’s political in nature

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Ignoring that you clearly pivoted your premise in a particular way with quotes like and has written several liberal group-think propaganda pieces

How does that being centerstage on Al.com excuse you centering a conversation around it here in the sports section? It certainly shouldn’t provide you a loophole just because it’s in their sports section, especially if you yourself can identify it’s political in nature

Somebody is going to delete this just for the heck of it

• Haha 2

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I was on my best behavior and didn’t give any allegiance to either side! 

Doesn't matter, I rarely pick a side, it's just some people are allowed to say certain things for whatever reason and some aren't....for whatever reason

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Listen dude, this stuff is constant from Goodman. You cannot talk about him as a sports journalist while omitting his political leanings, because it's a feature not a bug. 

He is a red states sports journalist who hates red state sports and red state sports fans. He makes it known.

He is only in that role to preach. And it's why, when he focuses purely on sports, we get gems like the infamous "Harsin way Behind" article a month after he was hired.

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2021/04/college-football-faces-sum-force-of-its-brutality.html?outputType=amp&__twitter_impression=true

https://www.al.com/highschoolsports/2020/08/without-covid-19-testing-high-school-football-putting-communities-at-risk.html?outputType=amp&__twitter_impression=true

https://www.al.com/opinion/2020/07/football-without-school-shows-madness-of-alabama.html?outputType=amp&__twitter_impression=true

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2021/01/college-football-during-a-pandemic-revealed-heart-of-america.html

https://www.pennlive.com/sports/2020/08/alabama-hs-oach-breaks-silence-on-unconscionable-decision-to-play-football.html

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2020/11/betrayal-at-south-carolina-reveals-true-heart-of-the-sec.html

27 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

You're right I went too far in my descriptions of his leanings. But there's no question those leanings are there. 

On 7/9/2021 at 3:21 PM, DAG said:

Good ! I am sick of this leave it to beaver family moniker. I like being villains . If we are going to be a family , I prefer the corleone type 

Can somebody give me a HELL YEA on this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Despite’s Robinson’s 5-star rating out of high school, I don’t see him living up to that rating any more than he did at GA or Cal. I’ve followed him since Cal. Just not impressed with him in the least. There’s a reason he keeps transferring. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Despite’s Robinson’s 5-star rating out of high school, I don’t see him living up to that rating any more than he did at GA or Cal. I’ve followed him since Cal. Just not impressed with him in the least. There’s a reason he keeps transferring. 

Didn't he have a stellar freshman season at Cal?