What's going on in the Athletic Dept and Lt. Gen Burgess?

steeleagle

What happened? I thought this topic was about the AD Greene and the General? Then the topic was closed and now its some verbal pillow fight of one ups and apologies. 

• Dislike 1

20 minutes ago, Builder said:

What happened? I thought this topic was about the AD Greene and the General? Then the topic was closed and now its some verbal pillow fight of one ups and apologies. 

That's pretty standard for this bunch, minus the apologies :big:

Edited by gr82be
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

Do you actually have anything to add to this topic?

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

25 minutes ago, DAG said:

Do you actually have anything to add to this topic?

Since when does a topic have anything to do with a thread on page 24?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Since when does a topic have anything to do with a thread on page 24?

Then why are you complaining? This topic is dead. Nothing else to add. When that happens, other things occur. Most of it entertaining .

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

7 hours ago, Rednilla said:

when you have 5 offensive line positions, recruiting only 3 at a time is fallacious. I'm sorry that you cannot comprehend this simple concept, but it's the truth.

That may be but it's not the point.  When that guy posted that we have recruited one to two per year he was not telling the truth. Why are you defending a guy who intentionally mis-stated the truth?

So those of you that have problems with a back and forth.....what do you think the purpose of forums are? Where are these other forums where everybody agrees with one another?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cole256 said:

So those of you that have problems with a back and forth.....what do you think the purpose of forums are? Where are these other forums where everybody agrees with one another?

I bet they are really fun to be a part of.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

That may be but it's not the point.  When that guy posted that we have recruited one to two per year he was not telling the truth. Why are you defending a guy who intentionally mis-stated the truth?

Mikey, stop it.  You do this crap every time.  You make dumb proclamations, people go into excruciating detail to show that you're wrong, then you start straining gnats and going hyperliteral to try and claim a "win."  We're over it.  And calling bird a liar isn't helping your cause either.  Move on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

33 minutes ago, Timbeaux38 said:

I bet they are really fun to be a part of.

Yeah so just travel to that place that don't exist.....of course a person would love to be at a place where everybody always agreed with them.....dictators seemed to enjoy it

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Ok first off I know you quoted me then deleted it why?🤷 Second I didn't say everyone had to agree I was saying it's the same person that keeps going on about the same thing trying to prove a point. It's old move on is all I was trying to say you're not going to change their mind 🤷 .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Ok first off I know you quoted me then deleted it why?🤷 Second I didn't say everyone had to agree I was saying it's the same person that keeps going on about the same thing trying to prove a point. It's old move on is all I was trying to say you're not going to change their mind 🤷 .

Because I read through the stuff again and I saw some of the points you made and also I thought it would be wrong to just say it to you when there's guys who has and still do it much more than you have. 

I don't like when it's done to me, so I'd be a hypocrite to turn around and do it to you

• Like 1

Just now, cole256 said:

Because I read through the stuff again and I saw some of the points you made and also I thought it would be wrong to just say it to you when there's guys who has and still do it much more than you have. 

I don't like when it's done to me, so I'd be a hypocrite to turn around and do it to you

Oh ok sorry man wasn't trying to start a fight or anything was just wondering thank you for answering me😎

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Oh ok sorry man wasn't trying to start a fight or anything was just wondering thank you for answering me😎

STOP TRYING TO GET ALONG!! WE MUST FIGHT AMONGST OURSELVES!!!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, autiger88 said:

No prob

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

Those are the paid forums. We can’t afford those!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Timbeaux38 said:

STOP TRYING TO GET ALONG!! WE MUST FIGHT AMONGST OURSELVES!!!

You probably should have used that one where people were arguing, it might have landed and been funny. Maybe in that covid thread 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, gr82be said:

Sometimes a little levity helps but not always. I guess it depends on the consumer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

Yeah so just travel to that place that don't exist.....of course a person would love to be at a place where everybody always agreed with them.....dictators seemed to enjoy it

Didn't want to give the thumbs down to the entire post but the dictator reference was the issue. It's not the disagreeing that is an issue. I just think there are better ways to handle and address it other than resorting to name calling and piling on. That's why I originally said that it's best to walk away. I didn't even pick a side as such, I was actually referencing either or both. As far as you and Dag go, you both bring a slant or thought that I may get never consider. It probably doesn't matter to you but you (anyone for that matter) lose me when it starts going back and forth. Thanks for the knowledge you bring here. 

Edited by gr82be
Spelling correction
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Didn't want to give the thumbs down to the entire post but the dictator reference was the issue.nits not the disagreeing than is an issue. I just think there are better ways to handle and address it other than resorting to name calling and piling on. That's why I originally said that it's best to walk away. I didn't even pick a side as such, I was actually referencing either or both. As far as you and Dag go, you both bring a slant or thought that I may get never consider. It probably doesn't matter to you but you (anyone for that matter) lose me when it starts going back and forth. Thanks for the knowledge you bring here. 

I agree if it gets to just name calling or something then yes probably need to shut things down, but if it's a discussion it should by all means continue. That's when the learning happens, in the discussion. The most brilliant minds and all of the upper tier professions where you would think are filled with super smart people incorporate learning using that particular process. 

So yes name calling end it, but just because it's long or because the sides doesn't agree? That's stupid imo 

I don't have a side either, I don't even know what the disagreement is but I do know I can't stand when a discussion is being had then a person who haven't even read the discussion comes in and complains to shut it down.  I can't stand it for a couple of reasons

One guarantee that person has had a point where they have went back and forth with someone, so that means they are essentially saying I'll have my exchange but you aren't important enough to have yours

Second if that person don't want to read it, they don't have to! If they then make an argument of complaining they had to click and extra button or had to read some extra sentences, I feel they should be called names after that.

And if everybody has to agree what does that consists of? Just wherever posts first sets the tone and you have to agree? I just don't see why a person would come to a forum and have a problem with seeing different opinions on it. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I agree if it gets to just name calling or something then yes probably need to shut things down, but if it's a discussion it should by all means continue. That's when the learning happens, in the discussion. The most brilliant minds and all of the upper tier professions where you would think are filled with super smart people incorporate learning using that particular process. 

So yes name calling end it, but just because it's long or because the sides doesn't agree? That's stupid imo 

I don't have a side either, I don't even know what the disagreement is but I do know I can't stand when a discussion is being had then a person who haven't even read the discussion comes in and complains to shut it down.  I can't stand it for a couple of reasons

One guarantee that person has had a point where they have went back and forth with someone, so that means they are essentially saying I'll have my exchange but you aren't important enough to have yours

Second if that person don't want to read it, they don't have to! If they then make an argument of complaining they had to click and extra button or had to read some extra sentences, I feel they should be called names after that.

And if everybody has to agree what does that consists of? Just wherever posts first sets the tone and you have to agree? I just don't see why a person would come to a forum and have a problem with seeing different opinions on it. 

Just my opinion, but of you cant handle someone calling you names on the internet, then it is probably best to not try to enter into arguments there.  If someone is being a meanie-face, then they should by all means be told so.

6 minutes ago, Timbeaux38 said:

Just my opinion, but of you cant handle someone calling you names on the internet, then it is probably best to not try to enter into arguments there.  If someone is being a meanie-face, then they should by all means be told so.

I don't think it's about not being able to handle it. It's more about that being a very definitive dividing line between conversation that contains information, as @cole256 was explaining, and just a bunch of useless words that don't hold any value for anyone. (Okay, so there is still the rare insult that surprises and delights, but they are indeed extremely rare and not quite worth the yards of screen real estate in between.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well when it ends up at mostly name-calling, which happens often on message boards, one side of the debate or discussion has pretty much conceded. It's then morphed into just playground immaturity and has no value like McLoofus stated. 

Some light-hearted jabs aren't too bad though.

images.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe AG asked Gouge for a second set of eyes on the overall athletic budget and since Burgess reports to the president it was his move. If so, this is a mature and experienced move on AG's part. In my opinion, a review of budgetary and operational methods, especially after a coaching change, is very smart on AG's part.

Of course there are folks on here that always want to add a "real housewives" flavor to every topic in the athletic department and just can't see practicality in this move by Gouge and AG.

• Like 1

On topic.....FWIW I have a neighbor who works in Gogue's office who said AG isn't going anywhere. He said there had been some squabbles among some coaches about budget issues and Burgess is reviewing income, budget and other matters to get everyone on the same page.

• Like 3