What's going on in the Athletic Dept and Lt. Gen Burgess?

steeleagle

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

Lumping me in with "y'all" ? Who is y'all? Again to be clear, my response was an if/then. And if he was made to do something he didn't really want to do then it's not that hard to comprehend or is it. As long as someone else is paying your salary you can be forced to do a lot of things you don't want to do. I've had to fire a few people that I didn't really want to but that didn't mean I could say nope, no way, not going to do it. Over time you realize that if you are in that position. Now at this point, the past few days, some are saying he has quit showing up at the office. Well, I can see that side of the picture too. If AG was pressured to do something he didn't want to do and it has happened more that once, I can see how that might change a person's drive. It was still time for Gus to go and I would prefer to think he did think that way. Truthfully, there are always three sides, the truth usually lies somewhere in the middle of the other two.

I meant you 

10 hours ago, Win4AU said:

How did we go from Allen Greene stood up to the good Ole boy system, hired his coach, he’s the guy we need to he’s in over his head in 4.5 months?  This seems completely out of left field.  As bad as the info was during the coaching source I’m going to wait and see before I buy all this.  This is also another weapon other football coaches are going to use againyHarsin.  “You don’t want to play for him.  They fired his AD.  As soon as he messes up he’s gone.  Come to UGA” etc

Well remember things have been rocky with Greene for a little while.  It started when Greene flat out said to Gouge he was not trying to be the AD for USC, when in fact he was interviewing.  It isn't a big deal to interview for the position, but don't lie to your boss about it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

The reality is someone is lying lol

It is like the whole forum is playing Clue currently and we want to see who wins.  But in reality we all lose.  😂

clue.gif

• Like 2

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

It is like the whole forum is playing Clue currently and we want to see who wins.  But in reality we all lose.  😂

clue.gif

Ultimately I believe it will be a mutual parting of ways but not for the reasons people are throwing out there. But what is going to tell me a lot is who will be the replacement . If it is this guy from mobile, that will say a lot IMO.

8 hours ago, gr82be said:

You mean baloney?

Did you read the post I was responding too? If he was forced to fire him then what else would make sense for him to say? My response was an if/then response, not a condemnation. 

don't assume! don't speculate! I know this is a message board, but it breathe life into innuendos. Honest people have had there lives change for for ever by insinuation alone..

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Ultimately I believe it will be a mutual parting of ways but not for the reasons people are throwing out there. But what is going to tell me a lot is who will be the replacement . If it is this guy from mobile, that will say a lot IMO.

Personally, I would like it to be Michelle McKenna-Doyle.  She interviewed the last time around.  Currently she is an NFL executive so with her current mindset would do wonders for every program, not just football.  I think it would also be a great recruiting tool to say we have a former NFL executive as our AD.  It also helps she is an Auburn alum.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Personally, I would like it to be Michelle McKenna-Doyle.  She interviewed the last time around.  Currently she is an NFL executive so with her current mindset would do wonders for every program, not just football.  I think it would also be a great recruiting tool to say we have a former NFL executive as our AD.  It also helps she is an Auburn alum.

Don’t know much about her but definitely going to read up. On the surface level that is a lot of impressive titles 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Well remember things have been rocky with Greene for a little while.  It started when Greene flat out said to Gouge he was not trying to be the AD for USC, when in fact he was interviewing.  It isn't a big deal to interview for the position, but don't lie to your boss about it.

nit picker

16 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

nit picker

I fully trust WDE and what he says.  He says it how it is without leaning one way or another with his information.

On 10/13/2020 at 9:15 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

ADG had the funds to make a change last year but he has burned up a lot of good will with some money guys and is now stuck without some funding. 

When asked by Tiger to expand on the above:

On 10/13/2020 at 11:22 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

He can be arrogant for one, which in itself isn't really that bad. Does rub some people with ego's like him the wrong way. Tried to get the USC job is another. Told people he wasn't interested but was. I like him. I don't blame him a bit for trying to get the USC job. Just be open about it. In a nutshell. 

• Like 1

I just don't want Auburn to end up like Tennessee and stuck in a perpetual loop of changing coaches and AD's, subpar recruiting, and sub par seasons for a decade +.  

11 hours ago, Win4AU said:

How did we go from Allen Greene stood up to the good Ole boy system, hired his coach, he’s the guy we need to he’s in over his head in 4.5 months?  This seems completely out of left field.

I agree, Greene was the guy that kept Leath from firing Bruce Pearl, he also got us a qualified football coach that didn't come from the good ole' boy network, but now all the sudden he's the problem?

All Gouge has to do is tell these crybaby coaches ( let's be real, football is what most of us care about) to go coach and he'll allow Greene to spend more funds. Sounds like a rat with ulterior motives in the AD to me.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

I just hope that at some point in my life that i can see Auburn reach its potential. Too many people trying to get their way and not looking out for what is best for the college. Our major donors would rather have the program in their image versus being successful. People in the athletic department shoving knives in each others backs. People slinging mud and cutting each other down behind their backs instead of dealing with things face to face. 

I hope this is just the usual BS that gets thrown around message boards in the summer but it keeps sounding like its not. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

She's who I wanted last time. I don't mind having an AU alum hold a top position. When Shug Jordan was told the main obstacle to him getting the head coaching job at Auburn was that he was an Auburn man, he replied: "If they think an Auburn man can't do the job they should shut the damn place down." I agree.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

You can't bring in an AD and handcuff him. It's the reason the bigger names weren't interested in the AD job back when Greene was hired. "Come in and fix the financial woes" , then when Greene presented his plan to do this, was told he couldn't do some of the things he, Greene, thought was needed. (Fire people like Tim Jackson and others who are worthless). It was a train wreak. Now that Leath is gone and some of the "boys" have been exposed this should have changed. But Greene went down and pisses off his guys in the department. Why? It's really just mind numbing. Alienate the most popular coach since Pat Dye, one you went to bat for and help keep his job. It's beyond comprehension. Myself, I caulk this up to ego. Greene has a big one. 

Ugh rough message from WDE. I’ll pop a shock top and just pretend everythings fine

5 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

But Greene went down and pisses off his guys in the department. Why? It's really just mind numbing. Alienate the most popular coach since Pat Dye, one you went to bat for and help keep his job. It's beyond comprehension. Myself, I caulk this up to ego. Greene has a big one. 

Was following you until this statement above.  Greene went and pissed off Pearl?  How and why?

4 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Was following you until this statement above.  Greene went and pissed off Pearl?  How and why?

Why? No idea. How, just all the constraints and lack of attention to the basketball program. Promises not followed thru. I don't know much about the inner workings here, I'm not a basketball guy. Just the talk I've heard. 

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Why? No idea. How, just all the constraints and lack of attention to the basketball program. Promises not followed thru. I don't know much about the inner workings here, I'm not a basketball guy. Just the talk I've heard. 

If Pearl wants to convert the top of Haley Center into his personal office, you give it to him.  SMH

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

Ugh rough message from WDE. I’ll pop a shock top and just pretend everythings fine

Most of the first part has been known for a while. Years old stuff. The new stuff is bizarre. To my knowledge Peral is just fine now. 

• Like 5

That changes things. Pearl is the one guy that needs to get what he wants when he wants. Make him AD as well if that's what it takes

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Most of the first part has been known for a while. Years old stuff. The new stuff is bizarre. To my knowledge Peral is just fine now. 

thank god i was getting suicidal............lol

27 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

You can't bring in an AD and handcuff him. It's the reason the bigger names weren't interested in the AD job back when Greene was hired. "Come in and fix the financial woes" , then when Greene presented his plan to do this, was told he couldn't do some of the things he, Greene, thought was needed. (Fire people like Tim Jackson and others who are worthless). It was a train wreak. Now that Leath is gone and some of the "boys" have been exposed this should have changed. But Greene went down and pisses off his guys in the department. Why? It's really just mind numbing. Alienate the most popular coach since Pat Dye, one you went to bat for and help keep his job. It's beyond comprehension. Myself, I caulk this up to ego. Greene has a big one. 

I can definitely see an EGO issue for sure. Still think it should be resolved.

52 minutes ago, Mikey said:

She's who I wanted last time. I don't mind having an AU alum hold a top position. When Shug Jordan was told the main obstacle to him getting the head coaching job at Auburn was that he was an Auburn man, he replied: "If they think an Auburn man can't do the job they should shut the damn place down." I agree.

i agree