What's going on in the Athletic Dept and Lt. Gen Burgess?

steeleagle

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I just don't want Auburn to end up like Tennessee and stuck in a perpetual loop of changing coaches and AD's, subpar recruiting, and sub par seasons for a decade +.  

As long as the yellow fella is around, Auburn will continue to suffer, he RUNS Auburn, it's his toy, somebody better have the courage to run him off. All money is not good money, all you have to do is connect the dot as to who is connected to him, he has his pulse on Auburn 24-7/365 

• Dislike 2

I hope things can be worked out with AG, but he did make some egregious and mystifying moves.  IMO AG needs to have an epiphany and realize that screwing over folks who support you is incredibly misplaced, especially a coach who is one of the best coaches AU has ever had. 

I’m sure more information will come out in time. I wish I could give more details, but I can’t.  To be clear I want this to be worked out and for AG to remain. 

3 hours ago, DAG said:

The reality is someone is lying lol

basically yes.  I'm guessing the boosters and President will win out, or at least that is story that is being linked to cover their tracks.

Disappointing thing is we'll have a president who is out in a few months hiring a new AD and we'll be in a similar boat in a year.  YAY!!

24 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Disappointing thing is we'll have a president who is out in a few months hiring a new AD and we'll be in a similar boat in a year.  YAY!!

Gouge wants the new president to choose the AD.  Gouge is a good guy.  I am honestly sad he is retiring.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Gouge wants the new president to choose the AD.  Gouge is a good guy.  I am honestly sad he is retiring.

So we're going to have an interim?  Who is our #2 right now?  I'm sure tons of folks will be scared that Tim Jackson.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

So we're going to have an interim?  Who is our #2 right now?  I'm sure tons of folks will be scared that Tim Jackson.

Greene isn't fired right now so no need for an interim for the moment.  General Burgess would be the interim if I had to guess.  He is doing wonders.  If Michelle does not interview again, I would be very happy with Burgess.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Greene isn't fired right now so no need for an interim for the moment.  General Burgess would be the interim if I had to guess.  He is doing wonders.  If Michelle does not interview again, I would be very happy with Burgess.

Hmmm 

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

So Greene is toast?  I mean IF Gouge has already stated or made innuendo's that he wants the new president to choose a new AD, then Greene is gone. 

Dang, I hate that. 

3 hours ago, eaglenest said:

As long as the yellow fella is around, Auburn will continue to suffer, he RUNS Auburn, it's his toy, somebody better have the courage to run him off. All money is not good money, all you have to do is connect the dot as to who is connected to him, he has his pulse on Auburn 24-7/365 

That is what has been said about all big donors. We need Rane.

• Like 1

Without the big money guys we would still have Gus as the coach. On the other hand Gus got the massive contract because of one big money guy (for the most part).

6 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Without the big money guys we would still have Gus as the coach. On the other hand Gus got the massive contract because of one big money guy (for the most part).

Pretty much that way with a lot of big time schools just ask Texas fans........... you think we got big money guys damn we don't compare to them who can't keep their noses out of running the place

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Pretty much that way with a lot of big time schools just ask Texas fans........... you think we got big money guys damn we don't compare to them who can't keep their noses out of running the place

Better come up with better info. Texas is NOT big boy football. Don’t believe me, just go look in the 2022 Football Recruiting thread…..

• Haha 9

4 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Was following you until this statement above.  Greene went and pissed off Pearl?  How and why?

@AUDevil Not living up to facility & amenity promises made to Pearl. Supposedly the facility stuff Pearl was promised (before the Final 4 run) had gotten completely off the table til the General moved in to oversee things.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

To my knowledge Peral is just fine now. 

Not sure about that. I'm sure he still wants his facility & recruiting expenses expanded.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not sure about that. I'm sure he still wants his facility & recruiting expenses expanded.

It’s more involved than that. 

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I am expecting them to ask me to move my things and take up an office in the AD consortium tomorrow or next week.    I really don't want to work with the big money guys, but if Auburn needs me, I must go.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@Mike4AU Explain. I've posted what I've seen from credible people.

I’ll have to think about posting that information.  It’s for real. I’m not an insider but do have two friends who are very well connected. 

4 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

I’ll have to think about posting that information.  It’s for real. I’m not an insider but do have two friends who are very well connected. 

Do you have faith that the General will be able to sooth things over with Pearl? I really trust Burgess and think he will but would love your insight 

6 minutes ago, au302 said:

Do you have faith that the General will be able to sooth things over with Pearl? I really trust Burgess and think he will but would love your insight 

As I stated in an earlier post several days ago I view Gogue’s move to put Burgess right in the thick of things to be a positive move. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

As I stated in an earlier post several days ago I view Gogue’s move to put Burgess right in the thick of things to be a positive move. 

Agreed

• Like 1