What's going on in the Athletic Dept and Lt. Gen Burgess?

steeleagle

23 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

1-2, yet 3!!! You choose to die on that hill, a one point difference,

1 & 1/2 per year, to be exact. Three is accurate, 1 to 2 is inaccurate.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, bigbird said:

This is so stupid. This all started because Mikey said insiders were pissed that they were cutoff by Gus.  I simply asked which insiders and he refused to answer and has masterfully deflected to this new subject to avoid continued embarrassment and exposure to his asinine and transparent tactics.

And I referenced a post that shows why I won't let you send me on any more chases. This tactic of yours is way past old. Find someone who hasn't looked up things for you, only to have you crawfish and ignore facts when they are presented to you. I'm done playing that game.

12 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Okay, @bigbird, in fairness to @Mikey and to my main man Bill "The Tool Man Taylor", I think we can all agree that Bill added legitimate depth to every position group on the field. We all know he could have played offensive tackle, just like he could have played QB, CB, or even kicker. That kind of athletic prowess only comes around once in a blue moon. 

Maybe so, maybe not but he was just awarded a $10,000 post-graduate scholarship.

"Auburn's Bill Taylor and Helen Ulrich will each receive a $10,000 Jim McKay Scholarship...."

https://agriculture.auburn.edu/feature/bill-taylor-helen-ulrich-to-receive-10000-toward-postgraduate-studies/

28 minutes ago, Mikey said:

1 & 1/2 per year, to be exact. Three is accurate, 1 to 2 is inaccurate.

Again, your hills to die on and self awareness is baffling 

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Again, your hills to die on and self awareness is baffling 

I'm not dying on that hill, I won that hill.

The simple fact that the clique gets together and shouts that 3=1 & 1/2 doesn't make it so.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The simple fact that the clique gets together and shouts that 3=1 & 1/2 doesn't make it so.

So you ignore the fact that the average over 4 years was 2.75 and that our rivals doubled that? The fact that anybody ever said anything to you regarding to the OL is Bc of that. We got absolutely obliterated by our rivals in OL recruiting, year after year.

Edited by Maverick.AU

16 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

We got absolutely obliterated by our rivals in OL recruiting, year after year.

Sad, but not the question a hand. As usual, one of the many Gus detractors posted something that wasn't true.

The rest of the things you mention are different subjects.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Sad, but not the question a hand. As usual, one of the many Gus detractors posted something that wasn't true.

The rest of the things you mention are different subjects.

Sheesh

F9C59EA3-02CE-4E70-9B6D-7B1194F15E13.gif

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Wait, so if I would've said 1-3 OL a year over that span as opposed to 1-2 you would've been fine with that and never said anything? Riiiight. What a clown...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Wait, so if I would've said 1-3 OL a year over that span as opposed to 1-2 you would've been fine with that and never said anything? Riiiight. What a clown...

Correct.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

Maybe so, maybe not but he was just awarded a $10,000 post-graduate scholarship.

"Auburn's Bill Taylor and Helen Ulrich will each receive a $10,000 Jim McKay Scholarship...."

https://agriculture.auburn.edu/feature/bill-taylor-helen-ulrich-to-receive-10000-toward-postgraduate-studies/

He was my man crush for three seasons. Too bad this name, image, likeness stuff just started. Bill could have been a male model and made millions during undergrad. 

• Love 2

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Pathetic

Well I had that argument when I said around 6 and I was told not true 5.8

• Haha 2

Well, the internet in general and sports message boards in particular are known for their unerring accuracy. I don’t know why you guys are complaining for getting called out….

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, fredst said:

Well, the internet in general and sports message boards in particular are known for their unerring accuracy. I don’t know why you guys are complaining for getting called out….

I think that is just the paid ones. The free ones generally average a lot.

So I started on page one of this thread two days ago and finished just now and let me just say…man. What a ride. I feel like I’ve watched a movie that makes you experience so many emotions. Confusion, frustration, happiness, reserved acceptance. The kind of movie where you want to write a lengthy review about it just to let people know how it made you feel. This may come as no surprise to some, but after reading all of this I have found that I really enjoy arguing with people on the internet. Gonna have to work on that, cause that’s kinda stupid lol. Anyway, carry on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

So I started on page one of this thread two days ago and finished just now and let me just say…man. What a ride. I feel like I’ve watched a movie that makes you experience so many emotions. Confusion, frustration, happiness, reserved acceptance. The kind of movie where you want to write a lengthy review about it just to let people know how it made you feel. This may come as no surprise to some, but after reading all of this I have found that I really enjoy arguing with people on the internet. Gonna have to work on that, cause that’s kinda stupid lol. Anyway, carry on.

....And we now return you to our regularly scheduled program....