What's going on in the Athletic Dept and Lt. Gen Burgess?

steeleagle

For what it is worth, everyone’s questions can be answered if you make a small donation to this forum to keep it running and ad-free.  Your donation simply is keeping the site running, compared to other pay-sites.

There is a lot of good information being told on the donor side of this forum.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, AUGunsmith said:

Its good the forum is gatkeeping news this big whilst saying gimmie dat money

If you aren’t willing to donate a few dollars to the forum you frequent to simply keep the lights on (no one is profiting or getting paid), why should the mods and insiders tell you anything?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

i will say on the auburn board of the rant they say our AD is looking for another job. take it with a grain of salt. i believe it was posted before anything was ever said on the fam.

i like mr Greene myself but i reserve judgement because i do not like anyone messin with my tigers. i will support him until i cannot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

He dug his own grave here and is still doing so as we speak.  If what was said on the donor side of the forum is true, he needs to be out of here ASAP.  If not, we run the risk of a lot of great coaches walking away.

But wait, we came in hot at 12th in the conference out 14 who are these great coaches you are referring to?

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, AUGunsmith said:

It's not gatekeeping anything. It's almost like if you donate you can know more because you are helping your favorite Auburn news site but if you choose not to that's fine but it will be a little later before you find out what you wanna know🤷 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, abw0004 said:

He dug his own grave here and is still doing so as we speak.  If what was said on the donor side of the forum is true, he needs to be out of here ASAP.  If not, we run the risk of a lot of great coaches walking away.

this means nothing to me. Did he do something illegal? If so, why was he not fired from the get go?

3 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I will pass. 

So been doing my own research by frequenting other boards: Two constant themes

1. Argument over the recruiting budget

2. Behind the scenes fighting over coaching hires and input

Sounds a lot like some good ole boy stuff to me. If I was AD Greene, I would just get out before they disparage me. If he did something illegal, then there is no reason he isn't fired by now. Unless they are scared of the optics.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

So first he's hired to bust up the good ol boy system and now he's going to leave because he won't bend? Sounds good to me. What's funny is our good ol boys suck. They don't have a reputation of being winners.....

• Like 6
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

he's hired to bust up the good ol boy system

The thing about good ole boy systems, another one will just appear. 

4 hours ago, AUGunsmith said:

they are asking for donations so they can improve the site. i am not sure some of you understand this. also they have not badgered anyone for help on  this site for the record.sites are expensive to run and with one this size i would be surprised if aufam made enough from ads to let this site pay for itself.

Edited by aubiefifty

4 hours ago, abw0004 said:

For what it is worth, everyone’s questions can be answered if you make a small donation to this forum to keep it running and ad-free.  Your donation simply is keeping the site running, compared to other pay-sites.

i cosigned you with another post basically saying the same thing because i am not sure it sunk in.

14 hours ago, bigbird said:

I agree completely, however that's not the stuff I'm referencing. If @autigeremt, @RunInRed@passthebiscuitswant to share what they know publicly then they can. I won't.

I got a down vote from Rigsby earlier for suggesting this.

37 minutes ago, DAG said:

So been doing my own research by frequenting other boards: Two constant themes

1. Argument over the recruiting budget

2. Behind the scenes fighting over coaching hires and input

Sounds a lot like some good ole boy stuff to me. If I was AD Greene, I would just get out before they disparage me. If he did something illegal, then there is no reason he isn't fired by now. Unless they are scared of the optics.

Those aren’t the reasons.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Those aren’t the reasons.

So if he is doing something illegal, he should’ve been fired with cause. Why are we waiting so long right before football season to cause a rift ?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

they are asking for donations so they can improve the site. i am not sure some of you understand this. also they have not badgered anyone for help on  this site for the record.sites are expensive to run and with one this size i would be surprised if aufam made enough from ads to let this site pay for itself.

Honest question.....why not just make it a pay to belong site like AUC?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Honest question.....why not just make it a pay to belong site like AUC?

they probably do not want to run off loyal members over money i would imagine. i donated because i was asked to think about it and not told to or else. big difference.

Edited by aubiefifty
left a couple of words out.

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

they probably do not want to run off loyal members over money i would imagine. i donated because i was asked to think about it and not told to or else. big difference.

also for the most part i love this place. look who i quoted proud.....i am talking to myself   lol

• Haha 1

fifty...I understand no one is forcing contributions but seems like having a forum for only contributors is not positive for "loyal" members. But that's another topic. Back to the thread topic.

Edited by Proud Tiger

1 minute ago, Proud Tiger said:

I understand no one is forcing contributions but seems like having a forum for only contributors is not positive for "loyal" members

well the site needs money and it is just a way to try and reward those that can help. it is not meant as a slight against anyone. i have found red to be probably the most fair person on the board. i will stand up for him now and say that was not his intention. and i am not brown nosing i am just calling it like i see it. but as a member of vle years ago i knew the owner and then the guys that took over and they paid out of their pocket every single month because it was never set up to make money. i wish we had a chatroom but we had that once and no one hardly ever used it so i doubt that ever happens. these are just my opinon's and no one else's proud and i certainly have not talked to anyone about the ends and outs. but in the nineties on go daddy it was way over a hundred bucks and they did not have near what aufam has or near as big. and when you pay for s site the bigger it is the more it costs.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Just to reiterate this is a not for-profit business (if it was we would have had to shutter the doors a long time ago).  We’ve kept this thing going through good and lean times because we love it.

So, no, nobody is trying to slight any one.

As others have said any donations literally help us keep the lights on.  There are real costs to run a forum of this size - there just are.  Anything we share on the donor boards is a mere simple gesture to say “thank you” for those who are helping pick up some of the cost of operating this place.

I understand and as you know I would gladly make a contribution for one simple condition. But won't get into that here.

We are destined to just flail around in the middle of the pack for eternity.  So much drama in the A.U.B. If they manage to run Bruce Pearl off with all of this drama, I’m just going to go ahead and lose hope of Auburn ever being anything other than an inconsistent, middle of the road athletic program.

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 3