What's going on in the Athletic Dept and Lt. Gen Burgess?

steeleagle

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Other than your Bo takes you make sense. I know you get joked on and when I do it rightfully so, but you make sense sometimes

It's ok, we are all going to see that elite athlete emerge as an upper level QB in the SEC

Spoiler

Or Finely will start the 2nd half of the PSU game & finish it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Feel like if Auburn was smart they'd try to go to Jumpman

That or Nike. That's easy. Everybody knows a perk of going D1 is the gear you get. Hell the best guys start getting that in high school, who wants to downgrade once you go to college? That supposed to get better not worse.

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

He is one of my favorite posters believe it or not 

Top 30 Blush GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

And I’m not saying that’s a bad thing. Just, a thing.

If it’s known that he has been/is actively seeking “greene-r” pastures, it makes sense to buffer the impact of him doing so. Having someone in place to keep the ship pointed in the right direction, so to speak.

I would be totally cool if that was the reason for the oversight. Makes total sense. So why all the stories about people unhappy with budgets and saying Greene is not doing his job? Seems like people always want things to be drama filled. Setting it up so if he leaves we can save face and say he was on his way out anyway. Like who the hell would care if Greene decided to take another AD job? You are not going to find many none JJ types that are going to come in as Auburn AD and think that is the final stop of their career. 

• Like 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

It's ok, we are all going to see that elite athlete emerge as an upper level QB in the SEC

Hide contents

Or Finely will start the 2nd half of the PSU game & finish it.

Yeah you know that elite stuff is laughable. You don't trick me, you know, that I know, that you know, that I know

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

How about not speak about it if you can’t share? 

But then how will he let everyone know he knows something they don't?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Oh nah I'm not going to you as if I did something wrong. It's pretty easy to see what happened you are pretty determined to say I called you a troll. I guess the most I can do is see how the wording may have led you to think that, but I explained it and you called me a liar. I know you can see that I didn't call you any names as well. So it is what it is. I'm just going to get back to joking and posting like I always do.

I wouldn’t think it’s a big deal to PM me.  Actually I even tried to do it before this blew out of proportion but your inbox is full again.  There isn’t anything to be ashamed of to be bigger men and talking in private (not being mean).  I’m game if you ever are.

• Like 2

That or Nike. That's easy. Everybody knows a perk of going D1 is the gear you get. Hell the best guys start getting that in high school, who wants to downgrade once you go to college? That supposed to get better not worse.

Outside shoes I don't think UA is that bad.  They essentially had the clothing technology, the Nike came in and dominated them once they introduced the same thing.

I don't really give a s*** what Bama has.  But Jumpman would be a really good brand for basketball and it would fill the little brother hole of 98% of our fanbase

Damn she's gorgeous

She just wouldn't fit in with Auburn's boosters 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yeah you know that elite stuff is laughable. You don't trick me, you know, that I know, that you know, that I know

Bo Nix had the best shuttle time on the team.  Very Elite

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, gravejd said:

I would be totally cool if that was the reason for the oversight. Makes total sense. So why all the stories about people unhappy with budgets and saying Greene is not doing his job? Seems like people always want things to be drama filled. Setting it up so if he leaves we can save face and say he was on his way out anyway. Like who the hell would care if Greene decided to take another AD job? You are not going to find many none JJ types that are going to come in as Auburn AD and think that is the final stop of their career. 

I totally agree. I seem to remember that there was some concern over the way he handled that initial potential job change, at least professional courtesy wise. Again, I have had a beer since that all went down so I may be way off.

I also figure this thing is kinda like a good gumbo. There are all kinds of things that are going in there to determine the final recipe/outcome. Budgets, relationships, over sights, okra, filé, shrimp, etc…

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I wouldn’t think it’s a big deal to PM me.  Actually I even tried to do it before this blew out of proportion but your inbox is full again.  There isn’t anything to be ashamed of to be bigger men and talking in private (not being mean).  I’m game if you ever are.

I more lean toward when you say stuff in public then everything needs to be public

12 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Bo Nix had the best shuttle time on the team.  Very Elite

Shuttle time?!?! 😂😂😂😂

19 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Outside shoes I don't think UA is that bad.  They essentially had the clothing technology, the Nike came in and dominated them once they introduced the same thing.

I don't really give a s*** what Bama has.  But Jumpman would be a really good brand for basketball and it would fill the little brother hole of 98% of our fanbase

And UA can't be all that bad. They outfitted the crew of the Virgin 22 flight yesterday with RIchard Branson on it. :)

17 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I don't care what bammer has either I'm certainly not surprised they have the best. As far as basketball the shoes and stuff you get is more important than football. And as far as basketball goes the LeBron's, kd's, kyries, and now the freaks....It's part of the culture now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steeleagle said:

And UA can't be all that bad. They outfitted the crew of the Virgin 22 flight yesterday with RIchard Branson on it. :)

The worst thing about UA is probably the limited amount of stuff players can get.  Maybe it was the old staff that was stingy, but apparently they had to kick and claw for gear at times.  Should be free flowing.

I have multiple UA shirts that are a decade old and I work out in them weekly.  The gear isn't bad, outside the shoes.  The shoes are probably the worst in the industry.  It's surprising they can't get better at them.  They've tried to hire a bunch of competitors

I don't care what bammer has either I'm certainly not surprised they have the best. As far as basketball the shoes and stuff you get is more important than football. And as far as basketball goes the LeBron's, kd's, kyries, and now the freaks....It's part of the culture now.

Totally agree on the basketball aspect

I can't read 8 pages so sorry if this has been covered.

the guys on the Montgomery noon radio show (charlie trotman and a bammer and some other guy) said that:

a) Greene is obviously not Gouge's guy. a Leath hire. so there is that.

b) Gouge put the kibosh on the Steele for Head Coach. Greene was evidently going to let it happen.

c) Several coaches went directly to Gouge to complain about the mgmt of the athletic dept

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, EastAl_Tiger said:

Gouge put the kibosh on the Steele for Head Coach. Greene was evidently going to let it happen.

giphy.gif

So not coming at you, but the guys who reported this. If this was the case and he had to stop it, why is AG the AD? Some of this stuff makes no sense. I do believe the ultimate issue is point 1.

On 7/11/2021 at 7:25 PM, DAG said:

Honestly why Was he hired? I thought it was because he had the ability to fundraise, bring fiscal stability back and clear out the usual mess by being an outsider. It’s weird how recently there is this 180 of support against him.

Adidas!! That is all..

I’d be down with Nike, though. UA gear is wack, except for the stuff with the vintage logos. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Top 30 Blush GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Very appropriate due to there being hidden figures behind some of this info coming out. 

...and she's awesome. 

8 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Very appropriate due to there being hidden figures behind some of this info coming out. 

...and she's awesome. 

giphy.gif

That was a bar right there. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gravejd said:

So far reasons I’ve seen posted for think the AD sucks is budget reasons.

@gravejd And that's a massive reason. He's running a multi million dollar business like he's still at Buffalo. Things like most of our teams having to take the bus on road trips most of the time definitely put our teams at competitive disadvantage & are inexcusable, especially given most of the SEC schools aren't bussing near as much as we are.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Yeah PM's full article about the situation doesn't paint a pretty picture. It will be really interesting to see what happens when a new president is selected.