Door Knockers

17 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

What are you talking about? Seems pretty evenly distributed based on each races proportion to the total population, although It is a documented problem that Black communities aren't getting vaccinated at the rate they should, they aren't the ones pushing anti-vaccine propaganda. 

All of the least vaccinated States in the U.S. are the most Conservative and religious states also. The more liberal and diverse a state is, for the most part, the higher it's vaccination rate is. 

I'm talking about the CDC statistics. Probably would have helped if I had left the link: https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/issue-brief/latest-data-on-covid-19-vaccinations-race-ethnicity/ 

And I wouldn't classify these black and brown people as anti-vaxxers, but rather vaccine hesitant. As someone mentioned earlier, they listened to the negative propaganda from the left for months warning not to get the vaccine due to Trump rushing it through, not trusting him, etc.  There are real repercussions to political propaganda like this and you are witnessing that play out. 

If you read the report you'll note some good news and not all is lost. Progress is indeed being made. 

• Dislike 1

13 hours ago, Grumps said:

All of the least vaccinated states in the U.S. are the most conservative and liberty-minded states.

They are also the poorest and least educated. Not saying these are all connected to each other.....but they are all connected to each other. 

13 hours ago, Grumps said:

The more liberal and more the need to feel dependent on the government a state is, for the most part, the higher the vaccination rate is.

Ironically, it's the most conservative states that take more Federal resources than they provide back in Taxes. It's the most liberal states that provide a majority portion of the tax base that allows the U.S. Federal government to operate...and keeps all the poor, conservative states functioning.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

I'm talking about the CDC statistics. Probably would have helped if I had left the link: https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/issue-brief/latest-data-on-covid-19-vaccinations-race-ethnicity/ 

And I wouldn't classify these black and brown people as anti-vaxxers, but rather vaccine hesitant. As someone mentioned earlier, they listened to the negative propaganda from the left for months warning not to get the vaccine due to Trump rushing it through, not trusting him, etc.  There are real repercussions to political propaganda like this and you are witnessing that play out. 

If you read the report you'll note some good news and not all is lost. Progress is indeed being made. 

Like I said, there is some truth to the issue of Black vaccine hesitancy, but I don't believe they are the biggest issue. 

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-vaccine-skepticism-white-evangelicals-us-32898166bbb673ad87842af24c8daefb

In a March poll by The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research, 40% of white evangelical Protestants said they likely won’t get vaccinated, compared with 25% of all Americans, 28% of white mainline Protestants and 27% of nonwhite Protestants.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Like I said, there is some truth to the issue of Black vaccine hesitancy, but I don't believe they are the biggest issue. 

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-vaccine-skepticism-white-evangelicals-us-32898166bbb673ad87842af24c8daefb

In a March poll by The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research, 40% of white evangelical Protestants said they likely won’t get vaccinated, compared with 25% of all Americans, 28% of white mainline Protestants and 27% of nonwhite Protestants.

Regardless of your beliefs, the CDC has a campaign designed specifically to meet the problem I highlighted. There is far more than "some truth" to the problem.

• Facepalm 1

"Several national evangelical leaders also are speaking out in support of vaccination, including the Rev. Franklin Graham, son of the late Rev. Billy Graham. Graham's charity, Samaritan's Purse, set up several field hospitals to treat COVID-19 patients around the world.

"We have seen firsthand — at least I have — what coronavirus can do to a person," Graham told NPR. "It's frightening, and you don't want it."

After posting on Facebook about his decision to get the Moderna vaccine, Graham received thousands of comments — some showing support but many expressing outrage, calling Graham a false prophet, among other things."....

......"Theologically fraught conspiracy theories have been swirling online, particularly in some evangelical circles. In a recent video posted online, U.S. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., similarly suggested — without evidence — a connection between the Mark of the Beast and vaccines".....

https://www.npr.org/2021/04/05/984322992/love-your-neighbor-and-get-the-shot-white-evangelical-leaders-push-covid-vaccine

It's not hard to imagine the reaction from the evangelicals if the CDC specifically targeted white evangelicals with a vaccination promotion plan. :rolleyes:

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1