2022 4* RB Damari Alston Commits to Auburn!!!

Timbeaux38

21 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Didn't Newton come out of inner Atlanta? If so, definitely there are quality players in the metro area.

Interesting that Alston's HS team nick name are the War Eagles. Even stranger their colors are red and black I think.

Cam came from somewhere in Atlanta's metropolitan area, but I really don't know where inside of that footprint he was from. But seriously, there is a boatload of talent in Atlanta. 

Of course, population density does matter with these kinds of things, and thus it isn't really so surprising, but...

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

I don't know about specific spots around Atlanta, but I know there's a TON of talent in Atlanta metro. I would imagine that a pipeline to any of the area powerhouses would be a great thing. Would be great to have another school supplying us players like Dillard in Florida did back in the day.

We need to maintain a foothold in Fulton and Forsyth county, which is about 30 minutes North of Atlanta on GA400.  Specifically Alpharetta/Johns Creek.  A lot of NFL players live and retire here so their kids go to school here.  

• Like 3

• augolf1716 changed the title to 2022 4* RB Damari Alston Commits to Auburn!!!
  • augolf1716 pinned this topic
5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

We need to maintain a foothold in Fulton and Forsyth county, which is about 30 minutes North of Atlanta on GA400.  Specifically Alpharetta/Johns Creek.  A lot of NFL players live and retire here so their kids go to school here.  

Is Marietta more where the professional baseball players live? Seems I remember hearing that a lot of the Braves live there. My brother used to live in Roswell (Dunwoody, too, but I didn't visit him until after he'd moved from there), and I dated a girl from Conyers for a long time, but I've never really kept up with exactly where around the ATL prospects were coming from.

13 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Is Marietta more where the professional baseball players live? Seems I remember hearing that a lot of the Braves live there. My brother used to live in Roswell (Dunwoody, too, but I didn't visit him until after he'd moved from there), and I dated a girl from Conyers for a long time, but I've never really kept up with exactly where around the ATL prospects were coming from.

I’m not sure.  I know there are baseball players here as well.  I went to school with John Smoltz’s son and Chipper Jones used to live in my neighborhood. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

Cam came from somewhere in Atlanta's metropolitan area, but I really don't know where inside of that footprint he was from. But seriously, there is a boatload of talent in Atlanta. 

Of course, population density does matter with these kinds of things, and thus it isn't really so surprising, but...

College Park. All kinds of excellence in southwest ATL.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fredst said:

2 hours ago, fredst said:

Those dudes just *have* to have been talking burgers seems to me…

There it is! My man. 😝 

Edited by toddc
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Now that you mention it, his running style does kinda remind me of Dyer's. Not sure what you mean about what was asked of him, though.

I felt like Tre before 2013 was this everything type of back, kinda like KJ in 2015 or Roc in his one season. But at the core, I still felt like Tre resembled a lead rusher that just happened to be good at receiving and kickoffs, and he just had to do his time behind Mike and O-Mac 

I say that thinking, maybe this guy sees the field in 2022 in some ways that aren't toting the rock. And I was wondering if anyone in here had an opinion on how good he is in those ways

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Rednilla said:

College park, I believe. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

College Park. All kinds of excellence in southwest ATL.

I dated a girl there back in 09. There was some crazy night life on the weekends. Seemed like hundreds of lifted cars with corporate brands all over them. 4wheeler gangs doing stunts up and down the roads. It was wild and exciting hanging out in that atmosphere.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AUwent said:

Yep. And to those saying "we need results to get recruits," aren't our expectations pretty low for this year? 

I don't know why that should be. We have an experienced team coming back. We lost very little from last year and the normal key positions look good. The coaching staff was in disarray last year and that shouldn't be the case this time. I'm looking forward to a very successful season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

6683301c0997d299b221e388104ef558d084c304

Someone had a wedding anniversary tonight!!!! Thank you for that play by play Sumter! 

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

SoulfulTheseAzurewingedmagpie-size_restr

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/14/2021 at 11:48 AM, Zeek said:

The consensus is he's AU bound. Don't scoff at Northwestern making his top 3 though. Academics are very important to him.

No scoffing here at all - same Northwestern we struggle against in bowl games. 

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

I don't know why that should be. We have an experienced team coming back. We lost very little from last year and the normal key positions look good. The coaching staff was in disarray last year and that shouldn't be the case this time. I'm looking forward to a very successful season.

True - our very experienced, mediocre O line returns. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

True - our very experienced, mediocre O line returns. 

True, I'm definitely hopefull with having real schemes and coaching for them

• Like 4

Great pickup at a position of need.  Welcome to the family and War Eagle.

17 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I felt like Tre before 2013 was this everything type of back, kinda like KJ in 2015 or Roc in his one season. But at the core, I still felt like Tre resembled a lead rusher that just happened to be good at receiving and kickoffs, and he just had to do his time behind Mike and O-Mac 

I say that thinking, maybe this guy sees the field in 2022 in some ways that aren't toting the rock. And I was wondering if anyone in here had an opinion on how good he is in those ways

Ah, yes, I can see that. His actual running style isn't as close to Mason's, but his ability to be the Swiss Army Knife for the team absolutely is. 

• Like 2