Dukes the Scoop Take on Our Current Recruiting

Zeek

6 hours ago, W.E.D said:

We've got to rid this mentality from our fanbase

I mean their #1 pick QB was hurt.  Mac Jones threw horrible picks that were returned for TDs.  That's not a legit win, but I did enjoy it.  if they had Tua they would have smoked us

So your saying our fanbase should deny facts as you often do on this board? Nah bro. I am not Gus fan whatsoever, but the man beat Bama any damn way you want to look at it. To call all 3 wins fluky or lucky is ignorant and disingenuous. 

Tua was hurt. Correct. We can only play the team that shows up. Not in Gus' control or anybody elses. Yes MJ threw two pick 6s, but let me ask you this....Who intercepted those 2 passes? What team did they play for? What coach did they play for? Who hired the DC? Any way you slice it, Gus beat Bama 3 times as a HC. 

• Like 1

On 7/15/2021 at 11:56 AM, Zeek said:

I think so but it's a weird line of being authentic as well. A lot of players have like that we're more focused on their game and giving them meaningful feedback. Too much of anything is usually bad though.

It should be fine. We have 2 4-star players inbound (Alston and Story) with a slew of 3* that are a matter of time (Fair, Ja'Kobi, Bobo, Baudoin).

4* Tre Donaldson is another one I expect us to get. Curious if he'll play both basketball and football. I know basketball takes priority if he chooses Auburn but I think he can do both.

Did you say basketball?! I am here! 

GlisteningWarmEmperorshrimp-max-1mb.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Okay, so we had horrible coaching and we had solid talent. Ignoring that Gus was on the staff or recruited when virtually all the good guys from that 2013 team came to Auburn (so the discredit he gets from that…I mean), it’s not like the guy was coaching with LSU level talent lol. There’s no real reason an offense that looked completely futile for most of 2 years against ranked squads should somehow compete for a national title UNLESS the coaching they received was absolutely amazing 

that’s a pretty ******* wide swing from spectrum to spectrum 

Tha hell you talking about??  Gus wasn't on the staff in 2012 when we went 3-9.  We are talking about 2012 being horribly coached.  Tha ****

Edited by W.E.D

On 7/16/2021 at 1:32 AM, Beaker said:

Yeah, new staff, new scheme, new playbook, new routines....they should  nail 9 wins or it's a disappointment?       I think there are a lot of factors at play to consider before I deem any season a disappointment or success.  That's just me.

Since my Chizik reference to how a new staff can do missed the mark, lets try something else:

New coach takes over an Auburn team that failed to have a winning record the prior two years. He goes 11-0 with them. Sound familiar? That's what Terry Bowden did. Harsin is taking over a team that has had a winning record every year since 2012, so no, I don't think "new staff, new scheme, new playbook, new routines" is an excuse for a disappointing win/loss record.

I'll be disappointed with anything worse than 9-3.

• Haha 3

Moving that field goal post. I know I was wrong and looked foolish but how about this one to save face

“back 1915 to the new coach beat everyone by 60 points and went undefeated with them.” Sure it was 8 man football and it was six teams in the league but that coach did it so this one should too.

Embarrassing 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

So your saying our fanbase should deny facts as you often do on this board? Nah bro. I am not Gus fan whatsoever, but the man beat Bama any damn way you want to look at it. To call all 3 wins fluky or lucky is ignorant and disingenuous. 

Tua was hurt. Correct. We can only play the team that shows up. Not in Gus' control or anybody elses. Yes MJ threw two pick 6s, but let me ask you this....Who intercepted those 2 passes? What team did they play for? What coach did they play for? Who hired the DC? Any way you slice it, Gus beat Bama 3 times as a HC. 

Right, he beat Bama 3 times, but you can be honest with the fact that one of them was against a QB whom never started a game and we lucked out.  The prior two times were all coaching.  So we got blown out about a million times, won twice, got extremely lucky with a hurt QB.

So we should be thankful for Gus that he ran us into the ground, but Yeah 3 times out of 8 he beat Bama.  That's all that matters

• Dislike 2

35 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I'll be disappointed with anything worse than 9-3.

You're intentionally setting the new staff up for failure so you can crush on Gus.  It's funny to watch

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Right, he beat Bama 3 times, but you can be honest with the fact that one of them was against a QB whom never started a game and we lucked out.  The prior two times were all coaching.  So we got blown out about a million times, won twice, got extremely lucky with a hurt QB.

So we should be thankful for Gus that he ran us into the ground, but Yeah 3 times out of 8 he beat Bama.  That's all that matters

Why do you insist on being like this? What is this need to argue against dumbass comments that weren't made? A lot of people have pointed this out to you, so you have to know it's true by now. Not that I'm assuming you're not a self aware and intentional troll. Just such a strange compulsion and I've never heard it really explained.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Why do you insist on being like this? What is this need to argue against dumbass comments that weren't made? A lot of people have pointed this out to you, so you have to know it's true by now. Not that I'm assuming you're not a self aware and intentional troll. Just such a strange compulsion and I've never heard it really explained.

What comment wasn't made?  This is directly in response to my comment about Beating Bama is all that matters.  Did you read the comment he's quoting?

It's a mindset of this fanbase.  People on here were even arguing if Harsin loses to bama 4x in a row, but wins an SEC/Goes to the Playoffs he'd still be fired.  It's asinine

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

What comment wasn't made?  This is directly in response to my comment about Beating Bama is all that matters.  Did you read the comment he's quoting?

It's a mindset of this fanbase.  People on here were even arguing if Harsin loses to bama 4x in a row, but wins an SEC/Goes to the Playoffs he'd still be fired.  It's asinine

Not sure why I hoped for honesty. That's on me. Carry on.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

That is why nobody here takes you serious, bro. Who the hell said that? All I said was he beat Bama 3 times. They were not lucky wins.

IF you read anything before opening your mouth you would see I have already admitted that their QB was hurt. So should Gus have not taken the game serious since Tua was injured? All he can do or any coach for that matter is play the team that shows up.

I don't consider the curb stomping UGA gave us in 2017 luck because KJ was injured. Would it have made a difference? We have no way of knowing.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Same as it ever was.

Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by, water flowing underground
Into the blue again, after the money's gone
Once in a lifetime, water flowing underground

Same as it ever was, same as it ever was, same as it ever was
Same as it ever was, same as it ever was

• Love 4

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

The comment Loof is referring to is that "we should be thankful for Gus running us into the ground blah blah" No one said that. No one implied that.

Furthermore, I have never made an argument that we should be happy beating Bama and to hell with the rest or that beating Bama is all that matters. I simply corrected you on a disingenuous post and you did what you normally do which is spin that every which way but sideways and go on some aimless rant. 

Gus is gone. We all (for the most part) wanted him gone. That is a good thing. We do not have to continue to plead the case for him to be gone or justify it. He is gone, thankfully. We can acknowledge his accomplishments just as much as his failures. 

Edited by Tigerpro2a

I’m so ready for football season so we can put all of this crap to rest. I have no doubt in my mind, once this team shows what they are about , the four and five star prospects will buy in. I also have no problem with the coaching staff filling the roster right now with culture players. They probably have no choice in the matter currently tbh. But I do believe CBH is doing things in a very strategic manner and that’s why I am trusting the process! Of course I am bias being an Auburn fan. But I love the idea that culture matters 

I am also well aware you need star players to win championships. Reality is star players will wait to see what’s going on first. People point to USCe and Vandy which are recruiting well for their standards but they are also filling up their numbers with three star players. I remember butch doing this years ago. It looks good at first until things start to progress. Remember recruiting is a marathon not a sprint . It will balance out eventually. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Not sure why I hoped for honesty. That's on me. Carry on.

Don't get pissy when you can't follow a conversation 

40 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

IF you read anything before opening your mouth you would see I have already admitted that their QB was hurt. So should Gus have not taken the game serious since Tua was injured? All he can do or any coach for that matter is play the team that shows up.

That's fine.  We can acknowledge why he was able to win.  Beating Bama 2 out of 8 with a 3rd vs a back up shouldn't make people happy, but it does.  With various comments ITT about "look at his record vs other coaches"

29 minutes ago, DAG said:

I’m so ready for football season so we can put all of this crap to rest. I have no doubt in my mind, once this team shows what they are about , the four and five star prospects will buy in. I also have no problem with the coaching staff filling the roster right now with culture players. They probably have no choice in the matter currently tbh. But I do believe CBH is doing things in a very strategic manner and that’s why I am trusting the process! Of course I am bias being an Auburn fan. But I love the idea that culture matters 

I am also well aware you need star players to win championships. Reality is star players will wait to see what’s going on first. People point to USCe and Vandy which are recruiting well for their standards but they are also filling up their numbers with three star players. I remember butch doing this years ago. It looks good at first until things start to progress. Remember recruiting is a marathon not a sprint . It will balance out eventually. 

People kid themselves if they think we'd currently be happy with USC/Vandy's classes.  We'll end up past them, it'll be fine.  We'll have a decent number of 4* kids.  Hope evaluation & development is drastically better than the last staff and we'll be OK

45 minutes ago, DAG said:

Think that about sums it up. Think it just is what it is until we can show what we are about on the field. Plenty of talent on the current roster to compete this season. 

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by, water flowing underground
Into the blue again, after the money's gone
Once in a lifetime, water flowing underground

Same as it ever was, same as it ever was

Great song.................and video

• Like 3