Dukes the Scoop Take on Our Current Recruiting

Zeek

Avg 4+ losses a year for 8 years. Fact.

Not our coach or problem anymore. Fact.

Gus sure occupies a lot of mental space for some of you.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

In their defense, it is a really tiny room though so it’s kinda relative…..

Edited by fredst
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Anyway, sorry I derailed this. Dukes the Scoop is pretty informative with the 2 recent 4 stars who committed to Auburn? Things are looking up!! Now I am starting to get hyped (as I am sitting here watching Ole Miss vs Ark on SEC network @ 2pm on a Sunday🙄🤔)!

Edited by tbone4jc
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Fall camp starts for us (HS) tomorrow.   
I’m starting to get that football fever!!!

HS ball in 4 weeks

AU ball in 5 weeks

Let’s go!!!

Buddy, that first time you hear the local high school band practicing on the field :wub:

• Like 3

63* in north Alabama tomorrow night is going to feel like football is close.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

100%. Yes. I love this new way of doing things.

Mmmmmaaaannnn. I am so conflicted. I mean, no offense to @toddc, I love Kablooey. But The Nip meme is straight 🔥. Not sure that the Kablooey meme will resonate with me as much, if you know what I mean

Edited by fredst
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, fredst said:

Mmmmmaaaannnn. I am so conflicted. I mean, no offense to @toddc, I love Kablooey. But The Nip meme is straight 🔥. Not sure that the Kablooey meme with resonate with me as much, if you know what I mean

I don't find the two mutually exclusive. Quite the opposite, actually. I mean, is there a more appropriate response to the appearance of the nip mascot than...

...kablooey?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

He said he’ll come out with the biggest kablooey ever the day the nips are in full bloom. He’s a real horn dog you know.

Edited by toddc
  • Love 1

I’m glad my wife doesn’t read this thread. 😝 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

Anyway, sorry I derailed this. Dukes the Scoop is pretty informative with the 2 recent 4 stars who committed to Auburn? Things are looking up!! Now I am starting to get hyped (as I am sitting here watching Ole Miss vs Ark on SEC network @ 2pm on a Sunday🙄🤔)!

Dude, the Olympics are on four different channels at once! I like college football, but not enough to watch re-runs when the finest athletes in the world are front and center only one time every four years.

14 hours ago, Mikey said:

Dude, the Olympics are on four different channels at once! I like college football, but not enough to watch re-runs when the finest athletes in the world are front and center only one time every four years.

Kinda taking a break. Not interested in every event that was currently on at the time but still flipped back to check in

• Like 1

On 7/15/2021 at 8:45 AM, Zeek said:

He h

SO the all ball no fun approach I am ALL for!!!!!  Those players that it turned off......GOOD!!!!   I dont want them.    Rumor on the street is BAMA, UGA, Clemson, Ohio State, Oklahoma, LSU recruiting pitch is "You are coming here to win championsips!"   Supposedly Malzahns recruiting pitch was " At Auburn we know how to have fun."   Both pitchs resonate with a certain kind of player.   The players that want to have fun were part of our beloved 8-5 seasons.  Let them go have fun with Lane Kiffin or Mark Stoops.   Lets go get our future champions.

• Love 2

On 7/31/2021 at 7:55 PM, bigbird said:

Avg 4+ losses a year for 8 years. Fact.

Not our coach or problem anymore. Fact.

Yeah because that Jack Wagon was our HC for 8 years.  Believe me, im trying to forget!

3 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

SO the all ball no fun approach I am ALL for!!!!!  Those players that it turned off......GOOD!!!!   I dont want them.    Rumor on the street is BAMA, UGA, Clemson, Ohio State, Oklahoma, LSU recruiting pitch is "You are coming here to win championsips!"   Supposedly Malzahns recruiting pitch was " At Auburn we know how to have fun."   Both pitchs resonate with a certain kind of player.   The players that want to have fun were part of our beloved 8-5 seasons.  Let them go have fun with Lane Kiffin or Mark Stoops.   Lets go get our future champions.

Yup, gotta have balance. Otherwise you end up with players showing up to practice when they feel like it. Or dancing on the sidelines when you're losing to the worst team in the East division...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

If you don't think Bama players have a touch of fun, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Just b/c they are there to win Championships, doesn't mean they can't have fun on the ride, while working hard.

Edited by W.E.D
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, JBiGGiE said:

Yup, gotta have balance. Otherwise you end up with players showing up to practice when they feel like it. Or dancing on the sidelines when you're losing to the worst team in the East division...

Wait we did this during the 2018 Tennessee game? lol

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

If you don't think Bama players have a touch of fun, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Just b/c they are there to win Championships, doesn't mean they can have fun on the ride, while working hard.

So they can or can’t have fun? This post has it both ways.

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Just b/c they are there to win Championships, doesn't mean they can have fun on the ride, while working hard.

I really have no idea what point you are trying to make.  Are you a 4th grader trying to make an argument? 

Yes winning championships is a lot of fun.  Probably more fun and exciting than having fun enroute to an 8-5 season.  My point is the top programs in college football are not pitching the concept of you are coming to their programs to have fun .  They are being recruited to win championships and go pro.

Gus wasnt winning championships.   So he sold recruits on having fun.

2 hours ago, toddc said:

So they can or can’t have fun? This post has it both ways.

Fixed 

Edited by W.E.D