Dukes the Scoop Take on Our Current Recruiting

Zeek

23 minutes ago, DAG said:

Is this guy really arguing that 2013 team didn’t have elite talent ? You don’t go to the NC championship without elite talent . 2012 was a cultural and coaching issue. You have a team full of athletes trying to run the pro set offense and KF going under center lol. He has never done that . 

2021 had the #1 OL taken in the NFL Draft.  1st round DE in Dee Ford & Tre Mason.

Corey Lemonier 

WRs of Sammie Coates & Emory Blake, how some have tried to tag the label of elite to.

There was a ton of talent on that team.  Gene was a disaster of a HC long term and ruined culture.  Gene recruited really well.  Gus was a beneficiary of that and an elite offensive skill set.  Unfortunately, the NCAA stopped his only advantage of "Going Fast" and he lost pretty much all edge.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DAG said:

@augolf1716 what goes through your mind when these debates happen? lol 

I don't get why mods are upset people are actively using their message board.

• Facepalm 1

50 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Beat two of the top 5 spenders in recruiting with wildly outdated facilities. Who else does that happen to?

Oh, and this. Again, literally every hayseed that has fallen off a truck at College and 85 has done that or something just as impressive. Wyoming, Samford, Ole Miss, losing ass Iowa State and one year at Arkansas State. Every one of them won a title, played for one, got robbed of one they earned and/or had an undefeated season. Look at Dye's '83 schedule. Bowden took out peak Spurrier twice. Tubs beat *three* top 5 Florida teams. Chizik won the whole thing with a quarterback and a defensive tackle. 

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I don't get why mods are upset people are actively using their message board.

Just for clarification . Not upset . They actually enjoy it. The annoyance comes when it is the same repeated lines and name calling, which I am guilty of big time and going to try to watch for. However, I will still be outspoken on issue per usual lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

However, I will still be outspoken on issue per usual lol.

These small % of users make message boards go

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Seems like you wish Gus still had his job and you just want to give excuses.  "It's hard" "Well he beat Bama on multiple extremely lucky occasions"

Not a Gus apologist here, and I am glad he gone and we have CBH, but I hate statements like this. Gus beat Bama period. Yes kick six was a fluky 1 in a million type of deal, but 2017 he mopped the floor and in 2019 legit win again. Even 2013 I think if we go in to OT we still win because we had the MO. That is all.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Beaker said:

No sir, you are wrong:  Chiz went 7-5 his first yr.    I am pretty sure Chiz won his first bowl game to give him his 8th win, but you have to look it up.   7 is less than 9, even with the new math. 

OOPS! My mis-calculation.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Yes kick six was a fluky 1 in a million type of deal

Have you watched a replay? Starting with the 4th quarter, we were dominating them. Take the Kick Six out of it and, barring some fluke, we beat them on OT rather easily.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

2021 had the #1 OL taken in the NFL Draft.  1st round DE in Dee Ford & Tre Mason.

Corey Lemonier 

WRs of Sammie Coates & Emory Blake, how some have tried to tag the label of elite to.

More edibles today’s looks like. Ten years off, living in the future(or past), and mixing and matching teams. Looks like @aubiefiftygonna have a loyal customer 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beaker said:

No sir, you are wrong:  Chiz went 7-5 his first yr.    I am pretty sure Chiz won his first bowl game to give him his 8th win, but you have to look it up.   7 is less than 9, even with the new math. 

Operating under math equity he is technically still correct

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Gus beat Bama period.

We've got to rid this mentality from our fanbase

43 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

2019 legit win

I mean their #1 pick QB was hurt.  Mac Jones threw horrible picks that were returned for TDs.  That's not a legit win, but I did enjoy it.  if they had Tua they would have smoked us

Edited by W.E.D
  • Facepalm 4
  • Dislike 2

11 minutes ago, fredst said:

More edibles today’s looks like. Ten years off, living in the future(or past), and mixing and matching teams. Looks like @aubiefiftygonna have a loyal customer 

2021 or 2012.  Same difference.  All the same numbers

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

By your math 2020 and 2002 are also the same

it'll all depends on how you look at it

2 hours ago, tinman said:

Take that stuff to the football board.

2 hours ago, tinman said:

It's frustrating as hell....come to the recruiting board to gather information

I mean, sorry guy but this is literally a topic about recruiting.  If posted on the football board it would get moved here.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Horrible coaching can negate talent.  We had good players in 2012.  We had talent.  I said Gus added to that talent, Nick Marshall,  and then we had 2013.  That 2013 team was elite and the talent was from 2012 + Nick Marshall

Believe that's why many think this year might not be that bad b/c we have talent, it was just horribly misused.

Okay, so we had horrible coaching and we had solid talent. Ignoring that Gus was on the staff or recruited when virtually all the good guys from that 2013 team came to Auburn (so the discredit he gets from that…I mean), it’s not like the guy was coaching with LSU level talent lol. There’s no real reason an offense that looked completely futile for most of 2 years against ranked squads should somehow compete for a national title UNLESS the coaching they received was absolutely amazing 

that’s a pretty ******* wide swing from spectrum to spectrum 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, DAG said:

Then don’t take the challenge if it is too hard. Don’t accept a top 5 contract if you can’t bring in superior results. I expect you to beat the cupcake teams in OOC. That is an expectation. Winning 8 games at Auburn now should be the floor. And I expect that out of CBH this year. Just me.

What does this have to do with what I was said in that post 

I don’t understand why you guys have to give your own spins to people’s arguments that don’t do anything to address what’s being said.  

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I'm curious which candidates we reached out to that you don't think would have taken the job.

I mean, and this is just me. It was rumored we offered at least 3 people the job. It was rumored that at least one of those guys didn’t want it as much as he wanted to use it for a contract extension (plus didn’t like the board of trustees, which as I said, is a factor in the value of the job). But he still didn’t want it. That reads to me like a rejection 

Also, if this job is as grand as you put it, you don’t just have to offer coaches. Coaches should also be beating the door down to at least get in the conversation. We had literally 10 names thrown in the discussion for being topics the Board wanted to talk to, but how many did we hear about that contacted the Board? With how leaky they were, I would’ve expected to hear about at least one 

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I mean, and this is just me. It was rumored we offered at least 3 people the job. It was rumored that at least one of those guys didn’t want it as much as he wanted to use it for a contract extension (plus didn’t like the board of trustees, which as I said, is a factor in the value of the job). But he still didn’t want it. That reads to me like a rejection 

Also, if this job is as grand as you put it, you don’t just have to offer coaches. Coaches should also be beating the door down to at least get in the conversation. We had literally 10 names thrown in the discussion for being topics the Board wanted to talk to, but how many did we hear about that contacted the Board? With how leaky they were, I would’ve expected to hear about at least one 

We didn't offer the job to anyone except Harsin. Your info is bad. 

As for what you hear about coaches seeking the job, really think about that. Really think about how many qualified candidates- meaning currently employed football coaches- are publically going to show interest in other jobs. 

• Like 2

Oh, and we did hear about one particularly high profile P5 coach who expressed interest. Wasn't reported, of course, but it was known. The PTB never signed off 

Instead we ended up with a guy who was sitting pretty in roughly the same part of the country but jumped at the chance to relocate to a different climate by every definition of the word to be the coach here. Now he's making more than probably 90% of the coaches in D1 ball and he's dead smack in the middle of, by far, the highest concentration of talent anywhere. He'll coach players far, far more talented than what he's ever coached before or likely could have in any other league or part of the country except Ohio State, Texas or SoCal (USC). 

He'll do this in front of 90,000 people with 3 statues just outside the building. He'll have Cam Newton visit his locker room. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, W.E.D said:

These small % of users make message boards go

Like all entertainment, eventually doing the same thing gets stale and you need new content.