2022 4* DE Caden Story Decommits from Auburn

Paladin

And then there were 2: 4-star DE names finalists

ByKEITH NIEBUHR 76 minutes ago

Can Bryan Harsin's Boise State Blueprint Work In SEC? (Late Kick Cut)

latekick-bryanharsinboiseblueprintinsecthumbnail.jpg

For weeks, we've been saying Auburn and UCF were the programs to watch for 4-star defensive end Caden Story of Lanett (Ala.). Now, he has confirmed it.

Story announced via Twitter on Friday the Tigers and Knights are his two finalists. He plans to reveal his college choice Aug. 1 via social media at a time that has yet to be released.

Story, listed at 6-feet-4 and 264 pounds, appears to be one of Auburn's top overall targets. He currently is ranked as the No. 9 recruit in the state of Alabama and the No. 179 overall prospect nationally for 247Sports in the class of 2022.

Last season, Story recorded 66 total tackles with 21 tackles for loss, 18 sacks and 2 forced fumbles.

Story took only one official visit in June and that went to UCF, where he has close ties to some of the members on the staff who previously worked at Auburn. While he did not officially visit the Tigers, Story did take two known unofficial visits to Auburn -- and he has spoken fondly about the Tigers' new coaches.

10COMMENTS

Story has an older brother, Kristian, who plays at Alabama, but the Crimson Tide has not emerged as a factor in this recruitment. To date, Alabama has yet to offer Story a scholarship.

At this time, the 247Sports Crystal Ball favors Auburn. Thus far, only two predictions have been made.

• Thanks 1

@Zeek

I deleted my thread so you might want to add your post to the new one 

• Like 1

Toooootal conjecture on my part but I can't help but wonder if my dude is doing Gus a solid by "including" UCF. (As opposed to including them.)

54 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Toooootal conjecture on my part but I can't help but wonder if my dude is doing Gus a solid by "including" UCF. (As opposed to including them.)

I see what you did there.

• Thanks 1

We have got to win this battle for sure. I do not think I can stomach another loss to UCF.  It seems all of the crystal balls are pointing our way for him.  We land him, this will go a long way to getting things started with landing some big time state recruits. We look to be in good shape with some other recruits as well.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Welp, we find out tomorrow...

• Like 1

Not gonna be a good look if Gus gets fired, goes to a group of 5 school, and then proceeds to beat us out for a major recruit. I hope we land this guy, today! 

Orlando can look pretty good to a kid from Valley, Alabama. I'd choose Auburn, but he ain't me. We have picked up any number of kids from urban areas who wanted a change in their surroundings. The reverse has also come into play at times. Fingers crossed and hoping for the best.

• Like 1

• Paladin changed the title to 2022 4* DE Caden Story Commits to Auburn!!!

FFAF6BCB-B79B-44A6-AB18-72E4AD22F74D.png

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
  • Haha 1
  • Angry 1

Damari has turned into a social media fiend since committing. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3