2022 4* DE Caden Story Decommits from Auburn

Paladin

• 2 months later...

This young man will fit right in. Saturday was the best this D-Line has played all year. When the game started my seat was not to far from the field in the end zone and I was amazed how big the bama O-linemen were I was sure we would be overmatched. I thought we might beat them on a couple of speed rushes but never thought we could bull rush them and overpower them but I saw us do both well and not just one player Colby, Hall, Leota, Moultry and others all made an impact. 

The defense played lights out and I am sure every recruit there was impressed both by how well the Defense played and the excitement in the stadium. The atmosphere at the game was electric from before game started and even after the loss we were sad but all were proud of this team and the effort. The hitting on both sides was intense. Bama was playing all out but still could not make anything happen.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

He won't sign until February. It's not something to worry about his dad simply didn't coordinate the signing ceremony in time and doesn't want to throw it together last second and have it not be special.

“We’ve been extremely busy, and the date kind of just ran up on me,” Clifford Story said. “I didn’t want to rush it and throw it together. We’ve been dealing with issues on the school side as far as location and some other things. I wanted it to be special, so we decided to wait and do it in February.” - his dad

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 3

37 minutes ago, Zeek said:

He won't sign until February. It's not something to worry about his dad simply didn't coordinate the signing ceremony in time and doesn't want to throw it together last second and have it not be special.

“We’ve been extremely busy, and the date kind of just ran up on me,” Clifford Story said. “I didn’t want to rush it and throw it together. We’ve been dealing with issues on the school side as far as location and some other things. I wanted it to be special, so we decided to wait and do it in February.” - his dad

I really want to believe this, but it is odd that something this important would not have been figured out already. Hope I’m wrong but something doesn’t seem right about the timing for one of our first and highest rated recruits.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

I really want to believe this, but it is odd that something this important would not have been figured out already. Hope I’m wrong but something doesn’t seem right about the timing for one of our first and highest rated recruits.

The only reason I believe it is because I work for a school. Coordinating these things can be a total pain in the ass lol.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

The only reason I believe it is because I work for a school. Coordinating these things can be a total pain in the ass lol.

have to admit, it does sound fishy.  this is not dad's 1st time doing this.....

edit:  did not mean to sound derogatory or black helicopters here.  i hope and believe he is all AU with no doubts.  

Edited by TigerPAC

I am not worried about Story at all. He and his Dad have been very up front about everything. They are both class acts.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 3

Is it possible that we asked him to push back because there are some unexpected targets we're in it for? I know it's more likely that he's doing it himself, but the "forgot to schedule" thing seems iffy. I suppose it's possible 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, au302 said:

Is it possible that we asked him to push back because there are some unexpected targets we're in it for? I know it's more likely that he's doing it himself, but the "forgot to schedule" thing seems iffy. I suppose it's possible 

My guess is that this is wishful thinking that we asked him to do this

12 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

My guess is that this is wishful thinking that we asked him to do this

Of course, as I said. But you never know. This staff operates very quietly. That said, I want this kid and believe he's with us. Just never know

3 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I am not worried about Story at all. He and his Dad have been very up front about everything. They are both class acts.

Very hopeful you are correct. We need this caliber of class person and player as cornerstone for this year’s Defensive Class.

13 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Usually when people do not sign, it does not work out. But those of you that seem to know him think that he will honor his word. Let’s hope so.

Yeah I can't remember a case of a last second delay of signing ever working out in our favor.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Yeah I can't remember a case of a last second delay of signing ever working out in our favor.

Coynis Miller did that recently and still stuck with Auburn. Now he did not stay long but he did in fact sign with AU.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Zeek said:

You ain't lying. I hated it

• Like 3

TOS is now feeling more confident in Perry and Woody tonight. That would be a DL haul of Woody (if DL), Perry, Mba, Sledge, Story, plus possible transfers. Seems like we'd need to save a spot for other areas right? Roster balance

26 minutes ago, au302 said:

TOS is now feeling more confident in Perry and Woody tonight. That would be a DL haul of Woody (if DL), Perry, Mba, Sledge, Story, plus possible transfers. Seems like we'd need to save a spot for other areas right? Roster balance

Who’s TOS?

10 minutes ago, dilligas said:

Who’s TOS?

The other site. More specifically in this case On3, but there's a few sites so most seem to just say TOS

Just now, au302 said:

The other site. More specifically in this case On3, but there's a few sites so most seem to just say TOS

Ok thanks.  On3 is a credible group.

• Like 1

Was he an early enrollee candidate? If not, then I wouldn't put too much into delaying the signing. Remember, for these young men, they can only do a signing ceremony once. 

6 hours ago, AUlurker said:

Was he an early enrollee candidate? If not, then I wouldn't put too much into delaying the signing. Remember, for these young men, they can only do a signing ceremony once. 

I don’t think he was an EE….my understanding is the school is having a big ceremony in February and he wants to be a part of that, that’s all.  I don’t think he’s afraid he’ll lose his spot in the class by waiting.