2022 4* DE Caden Story Decommits from Auburn

Paladin

12 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

No reason to doubt he is still coming our way if all i'm reading is rumor.

Actually I think there is plenty of reason to doubt on this one. If he really wanted to go to Auburn, he would have signed. I’m not saying he won’t end up at Auburn, as it may be his only legitimate choice at that time. But the reasons and excuses given for him not signing on early signing day do not hold water. I would say that the chances in signing with Auburn are slim. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Actually I think there is plenty of reason to doubt on this one. If he really wanted to go to Auburn, he would have signed. I’m not saying he won’t end up at Auburn, as it may be his only legitimate choice at that time. But the reasons and excuses given for him not signing on early signing day do not hold water. I would say that the chances in signing with Auburn are slim. 

So you don’t think the reason his Dad gave is all that’s there?

What other reason would lead you to believe otherwise?

31 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

No reason to doubt he is still coming our way if all i'm reading is rumor.

The reason I doubt it is the reason he gave. It’s ridiculous to think something as big as your son signing with an SEC program snuck up on you. Especially when you already have another son playing at Bama and have been through the recruiting process. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

The reason I doubt it is the reason he gave. It’s ridiculous to think something as big as your son signing with an SEC program snuck up on you. Especially when you already have another son playing at Bama and have been through the recruiting process. 

holding out for  a better offer if it becomes available.    Thats what it sounds like.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

So you don’t think the reason his Dad gave is all that’s there?

What other reason would lead you to believe otherwise?

See above. I agree. If this was your son and you have known about a deadline for months, would you get it done? Yes you would. Everyone would… Unless you just weren’t sure yet that was where he wanted to go. Unless you were trying to get a better offer from somewhere. The only reason you wait is to try to get something better. Other than that you sign and get him in school. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

See above. I agree. If this was your son and you have known about a deadline for months, would you get it done? Yes you would. Everyone would… Unless you just weren’t sure yet that was where he wanted to go. Unless you were trying to get a better offer from somewhere. The only reason you wait is to try to get something better. Other than that you sign and get him in school. 

Or Auburn has seen something that needs to be addressed and asked for the delay, so that something gets resolved before accepting the signed paper. To me, this coaching staff operates different than previous staffs in that when the ink hits the paper they know it's already dry so to speak.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, creed said:

Or Auburn has seen something that needs to be addressed

True, could be, but we all can agree that the excuse the dad gave was ridiculous. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

True, could be, but we all can agree that the excuse the dad gave was ridiculous. 

I wouldn't put it past our High School to Fornicate up something like this.

I must be in the minority. But that is why I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.  And at this point out DL is LOADED. So if we are being played, not as much of a loss.

• Like 1

Good points being made.  I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. But, it is hard to believe that ESD sneaks up on a High School Head Football Coach whose son is a top recruit.  The whole "we didn't want to rush to put something together" doesn't make a lot of sense either.   Again, you are the head coach.   Notify local media, reserve the auditorium and make the announcement.   Jeffrey M'Ba managed to pull off an announcement from France.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

When he committed to us, he was seen as an edge type I believe.  Unfortunately he has grown into an interior d-line type now and the numbers probably are not gonna work out for him being in this class.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

He’s not coming.  Auburn gonna pick up DL transfer from Oregon per other recruiting gurus

Good trade if true

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

He’s not coming.  Auburn gonna pick up DL transfer from Oregon per other recruiting gurus

If it ended up playing out like this I wouldn’t be mad

• Like 2

20 hours ago, woodford said:

So we lost another DL? Bummer 

Well we never really had Perry if that's the other DL you are referring to

This one is kinda of a head scratcher though. On3 is implying we moved on from him like we did Albert and he essentially lost his spot in the class. 247 had been sticking by the fact that there was nothing to worry about; however, Keith is on a long vacation so there hasn't been a Story update since the 15th.

If he signs with Auburn then On3 is wrong. If he doesn't sign with Auburn then On3 is right and he didn't have a commit-able offer anymore. Either way it seems like our staff is in the spot they want to be. The Oregon DL Jayson Jones seems to be preferred over Story.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

He is visiting a lot of places. He will not be a part of this class. We are good on the DL anyways. Play stupid games win stupid prizes. Having a signing day ceremony "sneak up on you" is one of the all time worst excuses I have heard. especially from a high school football coach who has gone through this several times.  Like bruh just be honest and up front. We know what you are doing. 

So cringe. Don't think we want these losers anyway.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

He is visiting a lot of places. He will not be a part of this class. We are good on the DL anyways. Play stupid games win stupid prizes. Having a signing day ceremony "sneak up on you" is one of the all time worst excuses I have heard. especially from a high school football coach who has gone through this several times.  Like bruh just be honest and up front. We know what you are doing. 

And before anyone asks, there is no value in pulling his offer now. It's not like he's taking a spot that we need for someone else. If that changes, I'm certain Harsin will open that spot with a quickness. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Having a signing day ceremony "sneak up on you" is one of the all time worst excuses I have heard. especially from a high school football coach who has gone through this several times. 

Recruiting equivalent of “my dog ate my homework”

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Dislike 1

The next time I forget our anniversary, I'm going to tell my wife that "I didn't forget Honey, it just snuck up on me."  I'll let y'all know how that goes.

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

The next time I forget our anniversary, I'm going to tell my wife that "I didn't forget Honey, it just snuck up on me."  I'll let y'all know how that goes.

Just be sure you have an alternative sleeping arrangement set up in advance... and it probably wouldn't be good to pull a Golf and spend the night with a chick you met up at the bar. Your body parts are probably still in working order, so your wife wouldn't buy the story that you didn't do anything... :laugh:

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

Just be sure you have an alternative sleeping arrangement set up in advance... and it probably wouldn't be good to pull a Golf and spend the night with a chick you met up at the bar. Your body parts are probably still in working order, so your wife wouldn't buy the story that you didn't do anything... :laugh:

Honey all we did was snuggle, I promise.

• Haha 2