2022 4* DE Caden Story Decommits from Auburn

Paladin

7 hours ago, LPTiger said:

The next time I forget our anniversary, I'm going to tell my wife that "I didn't forget Honey, it just snuck up on me."  I'll let y'all know how that goes.

I was married 20 years. I already know how that one goes. :-\

6 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I was married 20 years. I already know how that one goes. :-\

We are are headed towards 29 years.  She is unbelievable.   And I'm lucky to have her.  WDE.

• Love 3

1 minute ago, LPTiger said:

We are are headed towards 29 years.  She is unbelievable.   And I'm lucky to have her.  WDE.

I wasn't as fortunate. My wife passed away almost three years ago. Since she forgot my birthday one year, I doubt she would have said anything. I miss her every day.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 5

Just now, milehighfan said:

I wasn't as fortunate. My wife passed away almost three years ago. Since she forgot my birthday one year, I doubt she would have said anything. I miss her every day.

I'd be lost without mine. Sorry for your loss

5 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

They say you get used to it. But man, it sure as hell ain't easy. Thanks.

I can't even or want to try to imagine. Hang in there, buddy.

11 hours ago, milehighfan said:

So sorry, milehigh. 

11 hours ago, milehighfan said:

Brother this is heartbreaking.  Heartbreaking as it is, what we can all learn from it, and I need this lesson reinforced everyday, is to hold them close everyday and tell them you love them.   Not just wives but all of our loved ones.   If we were all better at this simple gesture, the world would be a better place.   It is after all the second commandment.  I'm praying for you brother.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

12 hours ago, milehighfan said:

So sorry to hear that. My prayers are with you. I have been married to my wife for 36 years. She keeps me on the straight and narrow I would be lost without her.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, milehighfan said:

They say you get used to it. But man, it sure as hell ain't easy. Thanks.

It will be 3 years in February since my wife passed away, and we would have been together 28 years. The only way that I have made it this far without her is with strength from above, and trying to make her proud from where she is in heaven. Those who have passed don't want us to quit living life, they want us to find happiness again whether that is alone or finding someone to share our remaining years with. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

• Like 6
  • Love 3

On 1/5/2022 at 12:03 PM, AUMASTERS said:

It will be 3 years in February since my wife passed away, and we would have been together 28 years. The only way that I have made it this far without her is with strength from above, and trying to make her proud from where she is in heaven. Those who have passed don't want us to quit living life, they want us to find happiness again whether that is alone or finding someone to share our remaining years with. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

There is no way I could have made it this far without God. No way.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

On 1/5/2022 at 8:58 AM, LPTiger said:

Brother this is heartbreaking.  Heartbreaking as it is, what we can all learn from it, and I need this lesson reinforced everyday, is to hold them close everyday and tell them you love them.   Not just wives but all of our loved ones.   If we were all better at this simple gesture, the world would be a better place.   It is after all the second commandment.  I'm praying for you brother.

I totally agree.

I want to thank all of you who passed along your respects. It means alot to me. Her name was Debbie and she was a dear, sweet, wonderful christian woman. Thank you all again.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I want to thank all of you who passed along your respects. It means alot to me. Her name was Debbie and she was a dear, sweet, wonderful christian woman. Thank you all again.

• Like 1

Milehigh, so happy to hear that Debbie was a Christian because that means you have a wonderful homecoming in your future.  She is very proud of the way you honor her here.  When she sees you next she is going to give you the biggest and best hug you have ever had!!!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Milehigh, so happy to hear that Debbie was a Christian because that means you have a wonderful homecoming in your future.  She is very proud of the way you honor her here.  When she sees you next she is going to give you the biggest and best hug you have ever had!

To be honest she is the one who steered me back to the Lord. To steal a line from the Paul Newman movie "Somebody Up There Likes Me."

• Like 3

On 1/4/2022 at 8:53 PM, LPTiger said:

Me Too LP…HEHEHE

62B78E63-71F9-4031-A7B9-EA339E694E5D.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Me Too LP…HEHEHE

62B78E63-71F9-4031-A7B9-EA339E694E5D.jpeg

I had a dear friend of mine ask me how in the hell did you get her to marry you? I would answer I don't ask her. She may start wondering why she did marry me  :dunno:

• Haha 1

I always said my wife of 36 years married me because she had bad eyesight.

2 hours ago, tinman1 said:

For you old timers who remember Henny Youngman's routine......"Take my wife........PLEASE".😄

She's now in a much better place, but if I could I would 

This is always my go to line whenever my wife gets sassy. I hope I'm lucky enough to be able to be this way with her when we're this age.

Trophy Wife

Edited by WDE_OxPx_2010
Embedded clip
  • Haha 4