2022 4* DE Caden Story Decommits from Auburn

Paladin

On 1/6/2022 at 9:28 PM, milehighfan said:

I want to thank all of you who passed along your respects. It means alot to me. Her name was Debbie and she was a dear, sweet, wonderful christian woman. Thank you all again.

Prayers for you🙏 I lost my first husband 19 years ago. Even though I am happily remarried there is not a day that goes by that I don’t think about him. It is a hard journey that my faith in God has made it possible to navigate. God bless you

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Dshep4au said:

Prayers for you🙏 I lost my first husband 19 years ago. Even though I am happily remarried there is not a day that goes by that I don’t think about him. It is a hard journey that my faith in God has made it possible to navigate. God bless you

Thank you so much. Although she was from Mississippi I can gladly say I turned her into an Auburn fan.

• Like 4

On 12/20/2021 at 7:25 PM, auburnphan said:

When he committed to us, he was seen as an edge type I believe.  Unfortunately he has grown into an interior d-line type now and the numbers probably are not gonna work out for him being in this class.  

I think you are right. Auburn seems loaded at DL at the present, even if Wright and Matthews are moved to OL.

Perhaps he sees that PT may be a while down the road.

Saw where he reiterated his commitment.  Anyone have any additional insight?

Edited by gctiger

45 minutes ago, gctiger said:

I don't get this one. All the recruiting sites claim we dropped him, yet he's still saying we're ilhis team

1 hour ago, gctiger said:

I saw the same thing. We will know for sure next month. I have gotten where when it concerns Auburn the recruiting sites don't have a clue. The new staff just doesn't seem to leak any information.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I saw the same thing. We will know for sure next month. I have gotten where when it concerns Auburn the recruiting sites don't have a clue. The new staff just doesn't seem to leak any information.

Put him on the OL.

7 hours ago, Paladin said:

My thought is that Story's welcome at AU went away when he didn't sign on signing day. That's scuttlebutt, but from more than one source. The "didn't have time to plan an announcement" is said to have burned a bridge with AU.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Is anyone else put off by the mandate "respect my decision."

I mean, "respect their decision" would've been better, but if it helps him sleep better 🤷.

Whatever he decides...wish him well...will probably be in the portal next year or two..

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

If it was true that we dropped him a month ago, I'm. It sure why we let him clown us like this

• Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

If it was true that we dropped him a month ago, I'm. It sure why we let him clown us like this

It's been made abundantly clear by the actions we've seen from Harsin that he doesn't care about the optics. Let the kid say whatever he wants publicly, the people who matter know the real story.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

It's been made abundantly clear by the actions we've seen from Harsin that he doesn't care about the optics. Let the kid say whatever he wants publicly, the people who matter know the real story.

Also, they pretty much have to let him say it. They're not allowed to talk about recruits publicly. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Is Pyburn taking Story's spot?   Is anyone else put off by the mandate "respect my decision."

Nope, basically means please don’t hassle me about it.

• Thanks 1

• Paladin changed the title to 2022 4* DE Caden Story Decommits from Auburn
  • Paladin changed the title to 2022 4* DE Caden Story Decommits from Auburn
11 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Is Pyburn taking Story's spot?   Is anyone else put off by the mandate "respect my decision."

There are plenty of vacancies. Currently we have somewhere around 10 to 11 empty slots available for new signees/transfers. Y'all come!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, cbo said:

I like the triple gif thing you have going. 

I appreciate it. I really couldn't add anything other than to wish him luck wherever that may lead him. That is unless it is against Auburn. That being said when I have nothing really to add, I like to add reaction gifs for levity. Especially when I feel people will take things too serious. Again, I appreciate you noticing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chaotic_zx said:

I appreciate it. I really couldn't add anything other than to wish him luck wherever that may lead him. That is unless it is against Auburn. That being said when I have nothing really to add, I like to add reaction gifs for levity. Especially when I feel people will take things too serious. Again, I appreciate you noticing. 

The Curley Bill gif from Tombstone is one of the best ever. So many applications….

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I understand why the dad did it, but the poor attempt made it obvious he was dropped. Think Harsin was trying to do right by them, especially because dad's a HS coach in the state so don't want to burn bridges. Remember UT and that guy last year. They seem to be handling it well, and so is the staff. Good luck to the young man. Really hope he has a great career

• Like 2

He didn't sign with us lets just leave it at that.  No need to try and figure out the reason as we will never know for sure as coaches won't say and he won't say. Good luck to him where ever he goes except if he plays against us.

• Like 1