Who is your favorite comedian or comedic actor/actress?

One of my all time favorites is John Cleese.  He has always cracked me up. I particularly like his statement from about 1:20-1:30 in this clip with Bill Maher, especially given the ridiculousness of social media platforms that are so abundant these days.

(Language warning: There are one or two profanities in this clip, but not in the portion I mentioned)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm old school. I used to listen to George Carlin on my car's 8track tape over and over again. Especially his '7 Words you can never say on TV'. 

And I wonder how many of these are NOW allowed after 50 years. I remember he was even arrested in certain cities for doing this comedy segment....

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I'm old school. I used to listen to George Carlin on my car's 8track tape over and over again. Especially his '7 Words you can never say on TV'. 

And I wonder how many of these are NOW allowed after 50 years. I remember he was even arrested in certain cities for doing this comedy segment....

Saw George on stage in West Palm Beach at the old memorial auditorium back in the 70's saw Red Skelton there as well. George was fantastic and Red was unbelievably funny totally two different kind of comedy routines but both was just a pleasure to see..........Red had over 5000 people there

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Saw George on stage in West Palm Beach at the old memorial auditorium back in the 70's saw Red Skelton there as well. George was fantastic and Red was unbelievably funny totally two different kind of comedy routines but both was just a pleasure to see..........Red had over 5000 people there

what a contrast huh? :)

I wished I could have seen Carlin for sure. I remember when he was a clean cut comedian, appearing a lot on Johnny Carson, and then in the 70's he became that hippy, long haired, culture comedian...and he took off from there.

To understand Red's comedy you had to see him in person. He was so visual with all his characters he played. 

Only comedian I ever saw was David Brenner in LV, and I really liked his comedy too. 

Doesn't seem like there are many out there like the Carlins, Red Skelton, Robin WIlliams....

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

To understand Red's comedy you had to see him in person. He was so visual with all his characters he played. 

Couldn't agree more

• Like 1