2022 3* WR Jay Fair Signs With Auburn!!!

Paladin

Will be announcing Tuesday July 20th. Choosing between Auburn, Florida and TCU. Expected to chose Auburn.

Edited by Paladin

Texas WR announcing Tuesday

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports

Senior Editor

Jay Fair is ready to make a commitment.

Fair, a speedy wide receiver from Rockwall-Heath (Texas), is set to announce his choice between Auburn, Florida and TCU.

“I will be committing on Tuesday,” Fair said. “I’ll do in on Twitter (@_jayfair1_).”

Fair in June took an official visit to each of his three finalists. His first visit was to TCU June 4-6, followed by Florida June 11-13 and Auburn June 18-20.

“They are all great schools,” Fair said. “They are all great programs. It was a really tough decision.”

Fair plans to make his announcement around noon CT.

As a junior, Fair had 73 receptions for 1,303 yards and 12 touchdowns. He also averaged 39 yards on three kickoff returns.

Rivals ranks Fair, who is listed at 5-foot-11 and 180 pounds, the No. 83 wide receiver in the 2022 class and No. 86 overall recruit in Texas.

Edited by Paladin

Crystal Ball Watch: Tigers trending for WR target

By KEITH NIEBUHR Jul 16, 7:40 AM

Can Bryan Harsin's Boise State Blueprint Work In SEC? (Late Kick Cut)

At this time, Auburn does not yet have any receivers on the 2022 commit list. Could that be about to change?

Maybe.

When the week began, the Tigers had no projections for 3-star receiver Jay Fair of Rockwall-Heath (Texas) in the 247Sports Crystal Ball. They now have two. And a third pick, once on TCU, now is listed in the undecided category.

Fair, the No. 75 recruit in talent-rich Texas for the industry generated 247Sports Composite, is set to announce his college plans July 20. He has named Auburn, Florida and TCU as his finalists but most see this as a Tigers-Horned Frogs battle.

Fair, listed at 5-feet-11 and 182 pounds, officially visited each of his finalists in June. Auburn hosted Fair on June 18-20.

"What stands out I'd probably say is their plan for the future," Fair said. "That sticks out the most. Even though nothing has technically been proven, what they want to do sounds pretty good."

Fair is one of the fastest receiver recruits in the country. His top recorded times in the 100 meters (10.5) and 40-yard dash (4.39) put him in elite company.

Last season he caught 73 passes for 1,310 yards.

Auburn currently has five verbal pledges following the de-commitment earlier in the week by 3-star cornerback/nickel Jarell Stinson of Opelika (Ala.). The Tigers have the No. 77 recruiting class in the country, which is good for only 14th best in the Southeastern Conference.

But if Auburn lands Fair next week, it could start a pretty good run.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Paladin said:

The Tigers have the No. 77 recruiting class in the country, which is good for only 14th best in the Southeastern Conference.

I like "14th best in the Southeastern Conference" as a way to say "last."

I am not trying to make a point. That's just a funny choice of words. 

• Haha 1

Announces at noon Auburn time.  Wooooooooooo! It's commitment day babyyyyyy! Let's get this recruiting dub and keep the momentum rolling!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Reminds me of a young Steve Smith

In before the Texas kids are soft conversation lol

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

What we lack in toughness we make up for with weakness and lack of size and speed!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Just now, bigbird said:

What we lack in toughness we make up for with weakness and lack of size and speed!

Truer words have never been spoken

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

This never gets old

1 hour ago, gravejd said:

Kid looks nicely built in that video for being 5'10" and 175 lbs. 

I was going to say he looks big for 175. Smooth runner , great hands. Coach corn may have a weapon with this one 

• Paladin changed the title to 2022 3* WR Jay Fair Commits to Auburn!!!

7909CA13-81FA-4FE2-ADC4-F49881080D8E.png

• Like 2
  • Love 5
  • Haha 1

Texas WR commits to AU

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports

Senior Editor

@JLeeAURivals

Texas wide receiver Jay Fair has committed to Auburn.

Fair, from Rockwall-Heath, announced his decision on Twitter. He chose Auburn over TCU and Florida.

Fair in June took an official visit to each of his three finalists, the last being to Auburn June 18-20. It was then that he finally met wide receivers coach Cornelius Williams, offensive coordinator Mike Bobo and first-year coach Bryan Harsin.

Months of online conversations finally produced in-person meetings.

“Getting a feel for the coaches in person was pretty cool,” Fair said. “They are a very close staff. Their relationships and development, I really feel like they’re in for a change this year as far as their offense goes. They believe in it just as well as I believe in them.”

Fair will team with his cousin at Auburn, redshirt freshman defensive lineman Daniel Foster-Allen.

“(Foster-Allen) told me that he really likes it there and that the new staff is trying to turn things around,” Fair said. “I can see it. I really think what they are doing down there is good for the program.”

Fair is Auburn’s sixth commitment in the 2022 class and first wide receiver.

As a junior, Fair had 73 receptions for 1,303 yards (17.8 avg.) and 12 touchdowns. He also averaged 39 yards on three kickoff returns.

Rivals ranks Fair, who is listed at 5-foot-11 and 180 pounds, the No. 83 wide receiver in the 2022 class and No. 86 overall recruit in Texas.

Edited by Paladin

Impressive video. Kid looks to have some speed and skill at going and getting the ball. Should be a solid WR for us. 

Welcome to AU Jay!

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

We need the Wow reaction. But I do love this.

@bigbirdI swear I had nothing to do with this post. :laugh:

• Haha 1