Texas & OU to join SEC

KnightTiger

uat will NOT ALLOW it…….

2 hours ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I don't buy that. Texas doesn't need the $ and they certainly don't need the added competition. 

i was also wondering why would Texas join the SEC and have games Televised on the SEC Network when they already have the Longhorn network, also Texas has a home & home with the bammers set to begin in 2022 i believe IF this were to happen i'd assume that home & home would be erased

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AUcivE09 said:

Im perfectly fine with this. all SEC Schedule and most likely we would join the East.

I will say I do like having the ability to have the marquee non conference game, and an all SEC schedule would be a gauntlet, but at the same time I miss the games when I was a kid playing UF, UT, etc. 9 or 10 conference games would be my desired preference if it goes that route rather than an all SEC schedule.

another factor to consider IF there are legs to this rumor would A&M have the potential option to block Texas Longhorn membership like Florida. Georgia. Kentucky and South Carolina are said to have when it comes to Clemson. FSU. Georgia Tech. and Louisville.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

I will say I do like having the ability to have the marquee non conference game, and an all SEC schedule would be a gauntlet, but at the same time I miss the games when I was a kid playing UF, UT, etc. 9 or 10 conference games would be my desired preference if it goes that route rather than an all SEC schedule.

a texas based news site seems to be the only folks talking about it so wouldnt put much into this happening until other folks start possibly reporting on it.

4 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

would A&M have the potential option to block Texas Longhorn membership like Florida. Georgia. Kentucky and South Carolina are said to have when it comes to Clemson. FSU. Georgia Tech. and Louisville.

I wouldn't think TAMU would since they don't play Texas ever, and all the teams you named play on a annual basis, but I don't know all the bylaws. 

4 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

a texas based news site seems to be the only folks talking about it so wouldnt put much into this happening until other folks start possibly reporting on it.

Not really. It is picking up steam all over now. They seem to be the one to have had initiated which was probably idiotic.

17 minutes ago, AUcivE09 said:

Im perfectly fine with this. all SEC Schedule and most likely we would join the East.

They’d just keep us in the West. Lol. We are stuck in the West forever. They should have moved us and put Mizzou there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TigerFanAU said:

I wouldn't think TAMU would since they don't play Texas ever, and all the teams you named play on a annual basis, but I don't know all the bylaws. 

whenever someone in the past has brought up possibly adding FSU, Clemson etc to the SEC?  someone also brings up that Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, and Kentucky reportedly all have an agreement to block their rivals from joining the SEC. which is why i was wondering if A&M also had that option since they are former big 12 rivals

Just now, KnightTiger said:

someone also brings up that Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, and Kentucky

They do this, but Auburn runs a complete gauntlet every year. Seems about right. 

Just now, DAG said:

They would move Bama and Us to the east I bet.

Hahaha. That’s the only way we go. Then we’d play Georgia, Alabama, Florida, every year. They’d have a “random” drawing for cross division rival and we’d get Oklahoma or LSU😂😂😂😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Hahaha. That’s the only way we go. Then we’d play Georgia, Alabama, Florida, every year. They’d have a “random” drawing for cross division rival and we’d get Oklahoma or LSU😂😂😂😂

100% would happen!

• Like 2

West - Oklahoma,Texas,Tex A&M, Arky, Ole Miss, Mizzou, LSU, Miss St

East - Auburn, Bama, Florida, South Carolina, Georgia, Tenn, Vandy, Kentucky.

They could call the West something like the Big 12. Just spitballing

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

They would move Bama and Us to the east I bet.

That would seem to make the most sense, both geographically (if Mizzou goes to west) and in keeping rivalries intact.

Edited by VicTree
clarification
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

West - Oklahoma,Texas,Tex A&M, Arky, Ole Miss, Mizzou, LSU, Miss St

East - Auburn, Bama, Florida, South Carolina, Georgia, Tenn, Vandy, Kentucky.

They could call the West something like the Big 12. Just spitballing

I'd rather it be...

North: UK, Mizzou, Tenn, Vandy 

EAST: USCe, UGA, UF, AU 

SOUTH: Bama, OM, MSU, LSU 

WEST: UTx, TAMU, OU, Arky, 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, bigbird said:

I'd rather it be...

North: UK, Mizzou, Tenn, Vandy 

EAST: USCe, UGA, UF, AU