Texas & OU to join SEC

KnightTiger

50 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I hate it. It's all a dumb money grab 

It is, but that’s what College Football itself is now. I guess we can either like it or stop following  the sport. 

For me, I didn’t want it, but now that it’s happening I guess I might as well be excited to see how it all plays out

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1

Better get ready because there is a lot more changes coming....SEC is not done Big 10 and ACC better be thinking outside the box and big

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 7/28/2021 at 11:58 AM, bootskii said:

Listening to the First Team today on my way to the gym and they were discussing the possibility of the ACC and SEC merging together. I feel if we go this route we will end up like the football leagues in Europe where you have a premier league and then sub leagues. Teams will then be subjected to relegation. I really hope this is just hype talk it does't come to this. I know this is a business but I really don't want college sports to go the route of professional sports. 

Toooooo Late.

Honestly kind of hope is does go the route of  premier and sub leagues.  

11 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Toooooo Late.

Honestly kind of hope is does go the route of  premier and sub leagues.  

More likely to become a so called Super league if I was Ole Miss,Ms State, Vandy and USCe I would be a little nervous

I can’t help but feel like we are about to be on an extended stay at the dead middle of the conference, and it won’t be because of coaching. Jeeez, Gus did a number on me. 

I have concerns about exposure for Auburn. 

1. It seems like ESPN is becoming increasingly more involved and influential when it comes to the decisions made in college football. We all know that as far as ESPN is concerned, Auburn has little to no value to them. It looks like college football is quickly becoming a big national market driven sport. The nationally known teams are going to be the focus, no matter what. 

2. Adding UT and Ok to the mix and possibly FSU and Clemson down the road, where does it leave teams like Auburn when it comes to to nationally televise games? Will you ever see Auburn vs MSU or Auburn vs Tennessee anything other than the SEC network or ESPN3 anymore?? 

3. Im interested to see how the scheduling is done. If we move east, who becomes Auburn’s permanent West opponents? Who becomes Alabama’s, Uga, FL? Watch this more. This will tell you a lot about where the conference is trying to drive the sport. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 1

I kind of like the premier/sub league idea.   Gives teams mobility in and out of the leagues. Crappier teams move down. Better sub league teams move up.

33 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

More likely to become a so called Super league if I was Ole Miss,Ms State, Vandy and USCe I would be a little nervous

Can you kick out a college like that?  If so, how would that work?  All of the schools line up Survivor style to vote a school off the island?

1ADC5424-C4BA-417A-A2DF-7A21E3BF9556.gif

27 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Can you kick out a college like that?  If so, how would that work?  All of the schools line up Survivor style to vote a school off the island?

1ADC5424-C4BA-417A-A2DF-7A21E3BF9556.gif

Whoever can bring the revenue the schools I mention have nothing to bring $$$ at least UK has BB that would save them maybe. I'm not saying it going happen soon but I do expect it down the road

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Whoever can bring the revenue the schools I mention have nothing to bring $$$ at least UK has BB that would save them maybe. I'm not saying it going happen soon but I do expect it down the road

Interesting, what's your thoughts on baseball...3 of those schools have National Championships, recent ones.. But it's going be about money from football and basketball?

Edited by Randman5000

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Better get ready because there is a lot more changes coming....SEC is not done Big 10 and ACC better be thinking outside the box and big

Care to give more insight?

12 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Interesting, what's your thoughts on baseball...3 of those schools have National Championships, recent ones.. But it's going be about money from football and basketball?

What I'm thinking but you never 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Care to give more insight?

Not really its going to be awhile but in 5 years it may look totally different my biggest believe is it will become a Super League and NCAA will be replaced by what the Super League sets up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is it possible to be excited and depressed for this at the same time? I think I’ve invented a new feeling, depresscacited! 😝 

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, toddc said:

Is it possible to be excited and depressed for this at the same time? I think I’ve invented a new feeling depresscacited! 😝 

You must be dealing with bird welcome to my world

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

You must be dealing with bird welcome to my world

It’s funny because he said the same thing about you.  😝 

48 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Not really its going to be awhile but in 5 years it may look totally different my biggest believe is it will become a Super League and NCAA will be replaced by what the Super League sets up

The name SEC will be gone by next fall imo

5 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Could just be what the media calls Strength Everywhere Conference. SEC. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Don't think so the name brand has $$$$$$ behind it...could be wrong we will see

5 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I can’t help but feel like we are about to be on an extended stay at the dead middle of the conference, and it won’t be because of coaching. Jeeez, Gus did a number on me. 

I have concerns about exposure for Auburn. 

1. It seems like ESPN is becoming increasingly more involved and influential when it comes to the decisions made in college football. We all know that as far as ESPN is concerned, Auburn has little to no value to them. It looks like college football is quickly becoming a big national market driven sport. The nationally known teams are going to be the focus, no matter what. 

2. Adding UT and Ok to the mix and possibly FSU and Clemson down the road, where does it leave teams like Auburn when it comes to to nationally televise games? Will you ever see Auburn vs MSU or Auburn vs Tennessee anything other than the SEC network or ESPN3 anymore?? 

3. Im interested to see how the scheduling is done. If we move east, who becomes Auburn’s permanent West opponents? Who becomes Alabama’s, Uga, FL? Watch this more. This will tell you a lot about where the conference is trying to drive the sport. 

IF we keep the two division east-west system, the only way permanent cross-div opponents stay will be if UAT wants to keep the LSU rivalry. I hope it doesn't work that way, but it's not like UAT would be getting the easy way out unless LSU pulls a Tennessee. I'm GUESSING they would give us A&M in that case--fairly equivalent all-time standing.

The BEST case scenario would be getting UAT, Tennessee and Vandy as our permanent opponents and having everyone else be rotating.

Edited by AUwent

14 hours ago, woodford said:

Everyone applauding this move is clearly not thinking long term. Espn will soon have a monopoly on the sport. We’re 5 years away from having a Marvel Bowl or some stupid s***. Disney now owns CFB. This is so pathetic.

I honestly don't care about the politics as long as the football is good.

10 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

@AuCivilEng1 Likely won't be divisions & if it is divisions  there will be no permanent cross division rivals going forward. Just can't do it & rotate playing as many teams from the other division as much as possible. We are likely going to a type of pod format which has been discussed extensively in this thread.

• Love 1

9 hours ago, jAUSon said:

@jAUSon Nope! As I said earlier in the thread their meaning just changes to the Super Elite Conference.

• Like 1