Texas & OU to join SEC

KnightTiger

Oh boy ... major media getting involved lol.  This will be a fun circus. Good.  Ahhhh media days.  College football is upon us haha. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

u8gFysG_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

I hate putting any stock in Thamel but thanks for the post. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1) Trust me y'all, we do not want Texas in this conference.  They are poison.

2) Any school wanting to come in needs 11 yes votes.  A&M, Mizzou, and Arkansas are all probably immediate no votes.  And I think LSU would also vote no.  Point being, this isn't a slam dunk.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

1) Trust me y'all, we do not want Texas in this conference.  They are poison.

2) Any school wanting to come in needs 11 yes votes.  A&M, Mizzou, and Arkansas are all probably immediate no votes.  And I think LSU would also vote no.  Point being, this isn't a slam dunk.

I agree.  I hate the thought of it. It would be like having a bigger bunch of bammers hanging around. I like Texas A&M, and I think they fit in well in the SEC. Texas would destroy the culture and take it over. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I agree.  I hate the thought of it. It would be like having a bigger bunch of bammers hanging around. I like Texas A&M, and I think they fit in well in the SEC. Texas would destroy the culture and take it over. 

Easy question:

Name one conference that Texas has left better?

Answer: None

SWC failed in large part due to backroom UT shenanigans.

Nebraska, Mizzou, and Aggies all bolted the Big 12 because of UT and their arrogance.

I live here in Austin y'all.  You have no freaking idea what we'd be signing up for.  I'm not talking about on-field stuff.  Off the field, they are a cancer to conferences.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Easy question:

Name one conference that Texas has left better?

Answer: None

SWC failed in large part due to backroom UT shenanigans.

Nebraska, Mizzou, and Aggies all bolted the Big 12 because of UT and their arrogance.

I live here in Austin y'all.  You have no freaking idea what we'd be signing up for.  I'm not talking about on-field stuff.  Off the field, they are a cancer to conferences.

Agreed. And a big gigantic NO to their entrance. There's far too much history of them bullying conference leaders to get their way ($$$), to the detriment of their fellow conference members. Arkansas was the first to jump off the dying SWC ship before it sank. If the Longhorn Network were to end, then maybe. Maybe......

• Like 1

Wow, I'd hate to see this happen personally, but it's looking like there might be a lot of smoke here.

If it does happen I truly hope the SEC makes it clear to Texas that they wont have an outsized influence and wont get any special treatment that they get in the Big12.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, gr82be said:

I hate putting any stock in Thamel but thanks for the post. 

chip brown of texas 247 site says the deal if it happens wasnt supposed to be until 2025 when the big 12 grant of rights expires he also accused a&m of forcing it to leak early in attempt to stop it from happening period. a&m is accusing texas of leaking this just for publicity and click bait

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Wow, I'd hate to see this happen personally, but it's looking like there might be a lot of smoke here.

If it does happen I truly hope the SEC makes it clear to Texas that they wont have an outsized influence and wont get any special treatment that they get in the Big12.

read what i would i just posted according to chip brown of texas 247 site

this wasnt suppose to happen until 2025 when the grant of rights expires for the big 12 hes accusing a&m of causing this to leak early in an attempt to sabotage things

a&m is pointing fingers back at texas saying its nothing but publicity and click bait

I like the idea of us being in the same division as bama, uga, utn, and uf!!!   We’ve lost 2 of those major rivalries when we went to the division format.  Of course, in this format we would lose lswho, unless of course they became our permanent cross-division rival.   Wouldn’t surprise me if we get LSU and bama gets arky.  😂

• Like 1

It’s not about the on the field stuff, it’s about $$$. If the SEC (and thus the member schools) can make big money off an expansion like this, the PTB will consider it. Do you really think the fat cats are concerned about the actual wins and losses from play? Some of you guys are putting too much stock in what an expansion will do for making a schedule tougher and not enough thought on what drives college athletics.  Always about the cash flow. 

• Like 1

Jesus, reading that Texas Horn thread, their fans seem like a treat, don’t they? That’s all we need is another entitled, we’re better than you fan base to have to listen to along with Bama and UGA.

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, KnightTiger said:

chip brown of texas 247 site says the deal if it happens wasnt supposed to be until 2025 when the big 12 grant of rights expires he also accused a&m of forcing it to leak early in attempt to stop it from happening period. a&m is accusing texas of leaking this just for publicity and click bait

Chip Brown is also the same guy who said "There is no truth to the rumor of A&M going to the SEC."

Dude is a moron

• Like 1
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Jesus, reading that Texas Horn thread, their fans seem like a treat, don’t they? That’s all we need is another entitled, we’re better than you fan base to have to listen to along with Bama and UGA.

They're worse than Bama in many ways.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Going to be wayyyy too many cooks in the kitchen. I don’t see this being positive in terms of actual athletics. Presidents and AD’s will be all for it because their wallets will get fatter. 

1 minute ago, woodford said:

Going to be wayyyy too many cooks in the kitchen. I don’t see this being positive in terms of actual athletics. Presidents and AD’s will be all for it because their wallets will get fatter. 

A&M and Mizzou are hard no votes.

Arkansas hates UT and left the SWC largely because of them.  Likely no as well.

Only need one more no to sink this and remember, LSUs AD used to be the AD at Aggie.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

A&M and Mizzou are hard no votes.

Arkansas hates UT and left the SWC largely because of them.  Likely no as well.

Only need one more no to sink this and remember, LSUs AD used to be the AD at Aggie.

Would be nice if more got on board. I’m really hating the idea of two mega conferences in 10 years. I don’t want to become the NFL. I want a decentralized sport that has regional feel. This will hurt competition imo who cares about winning when you get a payout no matter what if a team in your conference makes the Playoff. 

12 minutes ago, woodford said:

Would be nice if more got on board. I’m really hating the idea of two mega conferences in 10 years. I don’t want to become the NFL. I want a decentralized sport that has regional feel. This will hurt competition imo who cares about winning when you get a payout no matter what if a team in your conference makes the Playoff. 

Mega conferences are coming.  I'm resigned to that.  Just keep Texas out of the SEC.

I think OU would be a 14-0 vote to admit.  UT is the one that brings baggage.

• Like 1

Texas would be the 5th best team in the West

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Chip Brown is also the same guy who said "There is no truth to the rumor of A&M going to the SEC."

Dude is a moron

This I can verify

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Dude is a moron

This I can verify