Texas & OU to join SEC

KnightTiger

6 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I heard since April/May

Wait....you're Finebomb? All of a sudden, things are starting to make sense......

• Haha 1

OU better fit in the SEC, should bring them in along with Clemson or FSU. Kicking out A&M and Mizzu to keep it 14.

Honestly, Texas struggles where they are now and they got it easy. Joining the SEC and trying to run through that gauntlet will be funny. Sure they will soon regret it, especially how demanding their fanbase seems.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

A&M has no desire for that.  Y'all really underestimate the animosity Aggie has for Texas.

I was living there when they joined... The Aggies cult immediately gained a superiority complex. It's quite pathetic

The flip side is, what happens to the remainder of the Big12? Kansas has historical basketball cred to offer, and recently Baylor. But what about Oklahoma St, TCU, Texas Tech, Kansas St, Iowa St, and West Virginia? One has to feel some sympathy for the situation they're in.

11 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Dodd reporting Big12 ADs and CEOs meeting today at 5 to discuss the situation. Clearly real fire to this if that's the case.  I guess we'll see how serious they are now. 

Oklahoma and UT didn't show up to the meeting. Seems serious. 

6 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Oklahoma and UT didn't show up to the meeting. Seems serious. 

someone on twitter said tcu, tech and baylor have all reached to the pac 12

TCU insider

@JClarkHFB247

has reported that TCU, Baylor, and Texas Tech have already reached out to the PAC-12. One source told him “The Big 12 is going to blow up man”

3 hours ago, KnightTiger said:

someone on twitter said tcu, tech and baylor have all reached to the pac 12

TCU insider

@JClarkHFB247

has reported that TCU, Baylor, and Texas Tech have already reached out to the PAC-12. One source told him “The Big 12 is going to blow up man”

P12 won't take "religious" schools, though neither Baylor nor TCU could accurately be described as being true to their missions anymore. 

Honestly, I think the SEC has more to gain by taking TCU over Texas.  Better access to the DFW market and recruiting area.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Honestly, I think the SEC has more to gain by taking TCU over Texas.  Better access to the DFW market and recruiting area.

I'd take Baylor over UTx too. 

Football: No worse than Half our conference

Baseball: solid program

Basketball: Solid program

W basketball: Powerhouse (was under Kim Mulkey)

Med school 

Academics 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'd take Baylor over UTx too. 

Football: No worse than Half our conference

Baseball: solid program

Basketball: Solid program

W basketball: Powerhouse (was under Kim Mulkey)

Med school 

Academics 

I'd take either one of these over UTx but if we want Ok we will have to take Tx too unfortunately.

• Like 2

Sounds like they're getting closer to making this real. The ramifications for all sports is wild.

UT brings millions of more eyes to the table than Baylor or TCU.   The DFW market is more  aTm, Oklahoma and UT than TCU.   

If it happens, UT and OU would make the SEC the dominant conference forever.  It would dominate almost every sport both men’s and women’s.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, aubaseball said:

UT brings millions of more eyes to the table than Baylor or TCU.   The DFW market is more  aTm, Oklahoma and UT than TCU.   

If it happens, UT and OU would make the SEC the dominant conference forever.  It would dominate almost every sport both men’s and women’s.  

I struggle seeing Auburn as competing well in this super conference. We are so far behind on facilities compared to UGA/Bama/LSU/Texas/Oklahoma/Texas A&M

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I'd take either one of these over UTx but if we want Ok we will have to take Tx too unfortunately.

It’s about potential $$, not success in athletics or education.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

It’s about potential $$, not success in athletics or education.

Yeah I know but I was just pointing out that we can't get Oklahoma and whoever else it will have to be Texas🤷.

4 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Yeah I know but I was just pointing out that we can't get Oklahoma and whoever else it will have to be Texas🤷.

Your correct in that. They seemed to have agreed to branch out together. Not sure how connected they are in reality, meaning SEC has to take both or none.

26 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Sounds like they're getting closer to making this real. The ramifications for all sports is wild.

I wasn't too off.. 

On 7/21/2021 at 3:48 PM, bigbird said:

I'd rather it be...

North: UK, Mizzou, Tenn, Vandy 

EAST: USCe, UGA, UF, AU 

SOUTH: Bama, OM, MSU, LSU 

WEST: UTx, TAMU, OU, Arky, 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

I would be very upset by this. My daughter could have been in the SEC this whole time

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I struggle seeing Auburn as competing well in this super conference. We are so far behind on facilities compared to UGA/Bama/LSU/Texas/Oklahoma/Texas A&M

It just ratchets up the competition a few more rungs on the ladder.  Auburn could get lost in the shuffle and become a solid mid-tier SEC program OR they can pony up millions more and stand firmly toe to toe with those programs you mentioned.

2 minutes ago, keesler said:

It just ratchets up the competition a few more rungs on the ladder.  Auburn could get lost in the shuffle and become a solid mid-tier SEC program OR they can pony up millions more and stand firmly toe to toe with those programs you mentioned.

Yep and I believe Harsin and Pearl alone will make sure that happens and we stay relevant I'm not to worried about us losing ground. 

This would cool the Jimbo train down some for sure, which would be a good thing. I actually think all states should have 2 teams.  That way nobody hoards all the talent in the state. Just thinking aloud lol

Added: the only fertile recruiting ground that doesn't have another P5 quality of a team is Louisiana.  ULL closed gap some but not SEC worthy at this time.  

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Yep afraid so

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, fredst said:

I would be very upset by this. My daughter could have been in the SEC this whole time

I move my daughter to Austin in August.  I better get some good tickets from her.

3 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

This would cool the Jimbo train down some for sure, which would be a good thing. I actually think all states should have 2 teams.  That way nobody hoards all the talent in the state. Just thinking aloud lol

Doesn’t seem to have had much effect in our state.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I move my daughter to Austin in August.  I better get some good tickets from her.

You're to late I've already bribe her and "Austin in August" sounds like a song title

• Like 1