Null

Blown away by the people not getting vaccinated

Not a single phrase that you put in hold would satisfy a legal definition of incitement - not one.  Nothing he said is an instruction or call to violence.  The people that broke the law should be held accountable for their actions.  You do realize if you move the goalposts to try and qualify this as incitement, Democrats all over the country will be going to jail too?  

just because you disagree with statements doesn’t make them illegal or incitements.   

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They do work.  Quite well in fact. https://www.wsj.com/articles/highly-vaccinated-states-keep-worst-covid-19-outcomes-in-check-as-delta-spreads-wsj-analysis-shows-11628328602   But keep

I think we're pretty much beyond the point where we can let bygones be bygones. We could have had herd immunity by now and herded this s*** off a cliff. Now we have a new variant because asking people

Sending my 6 yr old who is <2 years removed from having a literal hole in her heart patched in a school district where the schools are strictly forbidden from mandating masks feels truly ******* aw

Posted Images

Troll twitter account referenced...as you were.

Edited by SLAG-91
Troll twitter account.
21 hours ago, GoAU said:

Not a single phrase that you put in hold would satisfy a legal definition of incitement - not one.  Nothing he said is an instruction or call to violence.  The people that broke the law should be held accountable for their actions.  You do realize if you move the goalposts to try and qualify this as incitement, Democrats all over the country will be going to jail too?  

just because you disagree with statements doesn’t make them illegal or incitements.   

If members of the Republican party would simply stop endorsing what they know are total fabrications being pushed by DJT, most of this would be unnecessary.  There is a right and wrong in this particular series of events.  Legally, Trump has much less exposure than does Mo Brooks and several others, but from a leadership and character assessment, his actions were childish and worse, harmful, to the country that he swore an oath to protect.

• Like 3
On 7/30/2021 at 3:03 PM, GoAU said:

BS :bs:

The simple fact he has doubled and tripled down on the lie he actually won the election is inciting.  The idea the election was "stolen" from him is inciting.

Just ask the rioters why they were there.  Why did they attempt to halt the validation?  Why are they targeting Pence?

This is not complicated. This lie generated the riot.This crowd was trying to halt a congressional process - which by definition, is sedition - and the reason they were trying to do so was the big lie about Trump having the election "stolen" from him.

Making a legalistic argument denying that is simply an effort to evade the truth. 

(And if a Democratic president did the same thing as Trump with the same result they would be just as guilty as he is.)

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Partisanship Isn’t The Only Reason Why So Many Americans Remain Unvaccinated

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/partisanship-isnt-the-only-reason-why-so-many-americans-remain-unvaccinated/

If someone doesn't know where or when they can get the vaccine, they aren't looking or listening.  How can anyone be that willfully ignorant?  Do they never set foot in Wal-mart? Do they never go to a grocery store? Are they in some insulated colony somewhere that forbids television?  I would propose that none of that is the case and the real answer is simply that they are apathetic and lazy when it comes to getting the vaccine.  Like many people in their 20s and 30s, they are otherwise healthy and, without being pushed to do so, won't take the time to swing by the  pharmacy or take the extra 20 minutes to sign up at Wal-mart.  I doubt that they are actually anti vaccine.  They simply don't possess the motivation necessary to make the small effort to get the shot.

The best answer to that is for their family members to push them to make the effort.  If employed, their employer can insist and if they are in school, their school can require that they be vaccinated.

538 does good work, but I can only speak to what I know first hand.  In my experience, the partisan divide has influenced everyone I know that has not been vaccinated.  That partisan divide usually also means their choice of sources of information.  They have heard for over a year that they shouldn't trust public health professionals.  They usually don't even know why that is the case, but they have been conditioned to believe that people want to take something from them or restrict them in some way that isn't justified.  They can't tell you what the motivation would be to do that, but nonetheless believe it to be part of the narrative of this pandemic.  Unfortunately, some of them will find themselves on a vent in the ICU full of regret.

• Thanks 1
Posted (edited)

My son got the email from his work that they will be mandating masks in a few days. Vaxxed or NOT Vaxxed means nothing. he was so pissed we had to step outside of our house. We had family members over that refuse for any reason to be Vaxxed. My son is madder than hell to go back to college with this crap going on again. 

I was told during a morning meeting that we are going back to mandated masks, although we really never stopped wearing them, a few have. Soon, not wearing a mask will get you sent home or worse. 

On a side note, they have stopped taking temps, they crunched the numbers and decided it was a waste of time and money and provided no real evidential link with those that did come down with COVID19

Edited by DKW 86
3 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

If someone doesn't know where or when they can get the vaccine, they aren't looking or listening.  How can anyone be that willfully ignorant?  Do they never set foot in Wal-mart? Do they never go to a grocery store? Are they in some insulated colony somewhere that forbids television?  I would propose that none of that is the case and the real answer is simply that they are apathetic and lazy when it comes to getting the vaccine.  Like many people in their 20s and 30s, they are otherwise healthy and, without being pushed to do so, won't take the time to swing by the  pharmacy or take the extra 20 minutes to sign up at Wal-mart.  I doubt that they are actually anti vaccine.  They simply don't possess the motivation necessary to make the small effort to get the shot.

The best answer to that is for their family members to push them to make the effort.  If employed, their employer can insist and if they are in school, their school can require that they be vaccinated.

538 does good work, but I can only speak to what I know first hand.  In my experience, the partisan divide has influenced everyone I know that has not been vaccinated.  That partisan divide usually also means their choice of sources of information.  They have heard for over a year that they shouldn't trust public health professionals.  They usually don't even know why that is the case, but they have been conditioned to believe that people want to take something from them or restrict them in some way that isn't justified.  They can't tell you what the motivation would be to do that, but nonetheless believe it to be part of the narrative of this pandemic.  Unfortunately, some of them will find themselves on a vent in the ICU full of regret.

I've mentioned something similar to 538's commentary multiple times now on multiple threads. Politics always gobbled it up. Wonder why? 

But partisanship isn’t the only thing that has shaped Americans’ vaccination status. Unvaccinated Americans tend to be younger, less well-educated and poorer; they are also more likely to be a person of color. The situation we’re in is not just because of politics but also because of access to the vaccine and broader skepticism of the health care system.

538 nails this. I see it everyday. The CDC sees it too and has a campaign to address it.

• Dislike 1
1 minute ago, DKW 86 said:

My son got the email from his work that they will be mandating masks in a few days. Vaxxed or NOT Vaxxed means nothing. I was told during a morning meeting that we are going back to mandated masks, although we really never stopped wearing them, a few have. Soon, not wearing a mask will get you sent home or worse. 

On a side note, they have stopped taking temps, they crunched the numbers and decided it was a waste of time and money and provided no real evidential link with those that did come down with COVID19

Walked in to Walmart yesterday and they were recommending masks to customers and giving them out free. I'd say 70 percent wore them. Walmart employees all wore masks, so I'll assume mandatory. Trending.

2 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I've mentioned something similar to 538's commentary multiple times now on multiple threads. Politics always gobbled it up. Wonder why? 

But partisanship isn’t the only thing that has shaped Americans’ vaccination status. Unvaccinated Americans tend to be younger, less well-educated and poorer; they are also more likely to be a person of color. The situation we’re in is not just because of politics but also because of access to the vaccine and broader skepticism of the health care system.

538 nails this. I see it everyday. The CDC sees it too and has a campaign to address it.

The only way there could be more access would be to go door to door begging with a needle in hand. 90% of Americans live within 5 miles of a vaccination site. The other 10% aren't minority groups, because minority groups are much more likely to be concentrated in urban environments, instead of on a farm in Iowa.  I would agree that it isn't 100% politics, but I disagree that access is a problem for any group of Americans.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

The only way there could be more access would be to go door to door begging with a needle in hand. 90% of Americans live within 5 miles of a vaccination site. The other 10% aren't minority groups, because minority groups are much more likely to be concentrated in urban environments, instead of on a farm in Iowa.  I would agree that it isn't 100% politics, but I disagree that access is a problem for any group of Americans.

Everyone has an opinion. As mentioned, the CDC has a program in place to address vaccine hesitancy and availability for black and brown communities. So yes, obviously a very big problem.

• Facepalm 1
2 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Everyone has an opinion. As mentioned, the CDC has a program in place to address vaccine hesitancy and availability for black and brown communities. So yes, obviously a very big problem.

My point is that the problem is not access. Hesitancy is a problem, but that hesitancy isn't due to access.

In the early days of getting vaccinated, any person that was not internet savvy or comfortable spending hours on the phone trying to get an appointment was at a disadvantage.  My parents use the internet to see pictures of the grandkids and read the obituaries.  If it was not for my two sisters and myself, they would have not gotten the vaccine as early as they did.  Those problems existed then, but they don't exist now.

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, AU9377 said:

My point is that the problem is not access. Hesitancy is a problem, but that hesitancy isn't due to access.

I don't know what else to tell you? Maybe call the CDC Director and complain?

2 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

CDC is committed to COVID-19 vaccine equity, which is when everyone has fair and just access to COVID-19 vaccination. There are many social, geographic, political, economic, and environmental factors that create challenges to vaccination access and acceptance, and that often affect racial and ethnic minority groups. Some of these factors include:

Because of these and other challenges, some Black or African American people and Hispanic or Latino people are less likely to be vaccinated against COVID-19 than people in other racial and ethnic minority groups and non-Hispanic White people.[1-3] You can view the most current race and ethnicity data on COVID-19 vaccination. In addition to being less likely to get a vaccine, Black or African American people and Hispanic or Latino people are more likely to get seriously ill and die from COVID-19 due to the factors listed above.

• Facepalm 1
43 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

My son got the email from his work that they will be mandating masks in a few days. Vaxxed or NOT Vaxxed means nothing. he was so pissed we had to step outside of our house. We had family members over that refuse for any reason to be Vaxxed. My son is madder than hell to go back to college with this crap going on again. 

I was told during a morning meeting that we are going back to mandated masks, although we really never stopped wearing them, a few have. Soon, not wearing a mask will get you sent home or worse. 

We started today here in Florida. 

https://www.al.com/news/2021/08/99-of-alabamas-2379-covid-deaths-from-january-to-june-were-unvaccinated.html

Of the 2,379 COVID-19 deaths reported in the state from Jan. 19 to June 30, 25 were reported among people identified as fully vaccinated, meaning it had been at least 2 weeks since their final vaccine dose. The remaining 2,354 – or 99% of the deaths – were people who had not been vaccinated.

• Thanks 3

COVID-19 Among Fully
Vaccinated People in Georgia

From January 19 - July 27, 2021 Of 4,136,214 fully vaccinated people:
•4,908 tested positive (0.12%)
•118 hospitalized for COVID-19 (0.002853%)
•24 died due to COVID-19 (0.00058%)

Source: Georgia Department of Public Health

What is so hard to understand about those numbers?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.al.com/news/2021/08/texas-gop-official-who-called-for-mask-burning-dead-of-covid.html

45 year old Texas Republican Official who posted anti-vaccine and anti-mask messages on social media dies of Covid-19. Leaves behind a wife and 5 month old son who also contracted the virus.  

At least his family can rest in peace at night knowing that he died 'owning' the liberals and not letting anyone tell him what to do. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

One of the anti-vaxxers in my office just tested positive for COVID. 

Pissed doesnt even begin to cover it. I maybe going home for a few days...

On 8/5/2021 at 12:18 PM, CoffeeTiger said:

https://www.al.com/news/2021/08/texas-gop-official-who-called-for-mask-burning-dead-of-covid.html

45 year old Texas Republican Official who posted anti-vaccine and anti-mask messages on social media dies of Covid-19. Leaves behind a wife and 5 month old son who also contracted the virus.  

At least his family can rest in peace at night knowing that he died 'owning' the liberals and not letting anyone tell him what to do. 

Who said God has no sense of humor?

The number 1 concern should be protecting the children and people who can’t get it for medical reasons. It f’ing kills me that doctors and nurses have to treat people that don’t even value their own health and life. And insurance companies have to foot the bill. Let them pay for the treatment themselves, if there is a spot open.

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 1
On 7/31/2021 at 11:21 AM, AU9377 said:

If members of the Republican party would simply stop endorsing what they know are total fabrications being pushed by DJT, most of this would be unnecessary.  There is a right and wrong in this particular series of events.  Legally, Trump has much less exposure than does Mo Brooks and several others, but from a leadership and character assessment, his actions were childish and worse, harmful, to the country that he swore an oath to protect.

Oh look! There you go again deciding what people should be allowed to believe.