Harsin: Team 60% vacinated

mb711

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Nick has clearly positioned his team better for the fall thus far. Hopefully Harsin catches up.

Wow. I'm surprised you don't get a lot of downvotes on this.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

To everyone's delight, I hereby announce I am officially tired of this thread and promise to never post in it again. 

A Brief History of Applause, the 'Big Data' of the Ancient World - The  Atlantic

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/23/2021 at 5:29 PM, AUght2win said:

It doesn't fully prevent you from getting covid but it absolutely, dramatically lowers your chances of getting it. I assume that's what your doctor meant. 

I still don’t understand why only the unvaccinated would get tested. Why not test any and all? More the merrier if you will. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Please explain

Sorry was trying to connect to the comment you commented on. Got interrupted mid connection. Sorry for the error.

2 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Sorry was trying to connect to the comment you commented on. Got interrupted mid connection. Sorry for the error.

No problem.

2 hours ago, AUght2win said:

So it's all about winning ball games? 

Yes. Come on man. Health matters but he clearly wants his best players to be available. The same reason why the SEC and professional leagues are now adding thresholds and penalties if players don’t follow certain protocols if they aren’t vaccinated 

25 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yes. Come on man. Health matters but he clearly wants his best players to be available. The same reason why the SEC and professional leagues are now adding thresholds and penalties if players don’t follow certain protocols if they aren’t vaccinated 

Are you Joe Biden😀

• Haha 1

Get vaccinated! I'm sick and tired of pretending that it is just a personal decision. Be smarter. If Harsin can't grasp the need to be vaccinated, he has issues.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 5

4 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Get vaccinated! I'm sick and tired of pretending that it is just a personal decision. Be smarter. If Harsin can't grasp the need to be vaccinated, he has issues.

If I had a son on Auburn football team it's not Harsin decision to make my child get vaccinated, IT'S MINE!!! and that is probably why he is taking the stance he has about the situation. The selfishness about this situation is **** up just so you can be entertain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

20 hours ago, AUGoo said:

Correct me if I'm wrong.  My understanding was that the NC State team had been vaccinated and still came up with Covid and forced to retire even though none of the players were symptomatic.   That would really chap my buns.   Assuming this is correct, what difference does the vaccination make in players, particularly when the tests can be questionable.  Is there any real clinical significance to a positive test in an asymptomatic person?   With all the politics in play, I' believe if you do not have enough of a viral load to be symptomatic, you're are unlikely to pass the virus on like any other URI virus.

That's not what I heard at the time. It was said that some were vaccinated and others weren't. However, my only source was the announcers on ESPN and they aren't known for accuracy. They also said one player was "removed" from the team permanently for some virus related violation, but what that violation was wasn't explained.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, AUGoo said:

Correct me if I'm wrong.  My understanding was that the NC State team had been vaccinated and still came up with Covid and forced to retire even though none of the players were symptomatic.   That would really chap my buns.   Assuming this is correct, what difference does the vaccination make in players, particularly when the tests can be questionable.  Is there any real clinical significance to a positive test in an asymptomatic person?   With all the politics in play, I' believe if you do not have enough of a viral load to be symptomatic, you're are unlikely to pass the virus on like any other URI virus.

The sensitivity of the PCR tests is absolutely something that needs to be taken into account.

Jon Rahm, world's #1 golfer, was forced to withdraw from the Olympics today due to a positive test, never mind that he was vaccinated in May, was forced to withdraw from the final round of the Memorial in early June due to a positive test (he felt so awful that he had a 6-shot lead going into the final round...), was cleared to play in the U.S. Open in June, which he won, but then tested positive again today.  

How likely is it that the test picked up remnants of what caused the initial positive in June?  I'd say it's a percentage significantly above 0.

The approach needs to be different.  If you're antibody-positive for Covid, be it from natural infection or vaccination, you're good.  No more tests for you.  Those should be treated as equivalent.  The fact that they aren't is complete bull****.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, SLAG-91 said:

The sensitivity of the PCR tests is absolutely something that needs to be taken into account.

Jon Rahm, world's #1 golfer, was forced to withdraw from the Olympics today due to a positive test, never mind that he was vaccinated in May, was forced to withdraw from the final round of the Memorial in early June due to a positive test (he felt so awful that he had a 6-shot lead going into the final round...), was cleared to play in the U.S. Open in June, which he won, but then tested positive again today.  

How likely is it that the test picked up remnants of what caused the initial positive in June?  I'd say it's a percentage significantly above 0.

The approach needs to be different.  If you're antibody-positive for Covid, be it from natural infection or vaccination, you're good.  No more tests for you.  Those should be treated as equivalent.  The fact that they aren't is complete bull****.

I tend to agree with you although I'm far from qualified to know. I wonder why people like Rahm who win lots of money aren't challenging the tests. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

19 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Just a couple of notes FWIW.

1. I have been vaccinated but understand why some people don't want to get the shots.

2. The number of cases is rising in Auburn/Opelika following the trend elsewhere. I have three neighbors that I know of who have tested positive this week. ALL had been vaccinated back in February. So be careful.

And it's just going to get worse as fall comes and kids flock back to campus. 

Having a team sub 85% and constantly needing test is a massive risk. 

From what I've been told. 60% was either a stretch oflr there was a massive recent push bc it was much lower than 60% a few weeks before media days. 

17 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Wow. I'm surprised you don't get a lot of downvotes on this.

But the hypocritical downvoter strikes the above post for no apparent reason. Oh well he is so dumb he doesn't get that it works both ways. Tit for tat.

Edited by Proud Tiger

On 7/22/2021 at 2:15 PM, stoic-one said:

No matter which side of this you may fall regarding vaccines, believe it or not, there are bigger issues at play than football games...

Of course.

On the other hand, this is a football forum.  Having a bunch - or even a few - key players down with covid certainly won't help our season results.

And - to your point - vaccination might even save the life of a player and/or the people close to him, like his family.

I am really disappointed with Harsin about this, which is a first for me.

On 7/22/2021 at 2:08 PM, selias said:

Had a nice long response typed up but this is going to get political in a New York Minute.

Just get vaccinated, people.

Our country is literally starting to unravel.

4 hours ago, eaglenest said:

If I had a son on Auburn football team it's not Harsin decision to make my child get vaccinated, IT'S MINE!!! and that is probably why he is taking the stance he has about the situation. The selfishness about this situation is **** up just so you can be entertain.

It is HIS decision, meaning your adult mythical son. Decisions simply have consequences. If one of those is that his interactions with the team would be reduced, that is a consequence.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2021 at 2:44 PM, Auhud08 said:

I actually think he’s being a leader. By allowing his players to make the decision for themselves hes allowing them to be adults. None of us know whether Harsin has the vax or not. He very well couldve told his player- I chose to get vaccinated i want you to make whatever decision you feel is best for your health and others. 

Being ambivalent about this is most certainly not "leadership".

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1