Harsin: Team 60% vacinated

mb711

19 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Thank you.. Everybody wants to act like it's just a possible headache that you may get. From the conversations I have had, the unknown is the biggest factor. People. just don't know what kind of problems this could cause down the road.

They do know a lot more than you apparently understand. 

And down the road? If you die from the Delta variant it won't matter will it? 

• Like 1

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

Your immunity may not last that long.....like with the flu.....especially with the variants. That's why boosters will be necessary.

Understood. However, I have never had a flu shot either.  And I haven't had the flu in more than 20 years.  I am not one to get sick very often. I haven't missed a day of work for sickness in more than 5 years.  I am lucky I guess.  My issue isn't with the Vaccine as much as the idea of forcing something on people when we don't even really know how effective it really is.  At this point, I'll take my chances with my immune system.

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

ANY vaccine will cause reactions in a very small number of people. ANY vaccine. But the risk in this vaccine has been blown out of proportion because the virus was made into a political issue instead of a serious public  health issue. This vaccine is as safe as ANY OTHER VACCINE. The misinformation is causing people to die needlessly. The risk is very real and the Delta variant is deadly. Millions and millions of people have had the vaccine and suffered no life threatening side effects. That in itself makes the vaccine a safe one. The research used in the SARS-CoV-2 vaccine has been around for 20 years and it is really not new. Scientists already knew about COVID and how it operates in the human body so they knew how to make a vaccine that would work as safely as possible. 

Vaccines are like seat belts. You are always at risk of getting into a car accident every time you are in a car, so you buckle up. When an accident happens, the seat belt protects you from serious injury. In some cases you may still be a little banged up....but you are alive. Vaccines work in the same way. Even if you contract the disease, if you have been vaccinated you will most likely survive it. 

Fair enough, but I'm not sure you can say with certainty right now that it's safer for an 18-year-old football player to get the shot, compared to their risk of the virus itself. We absolutely do need to get everyone who is over 50 vaccinated. I'm guessing some portion of the unvaccinated players have already had the virus and built some immunity also, so the 60% number may not be that big of a deal after all. 

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, AUGunsmith said:

Ooo big scary covid boogeyman. 

Who gives a s***.

I'm guessing the 4 million people that died and their family and friends. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

How are you going to know those that miss are unvaccinated? Already some Olympic players pulling out due to testing positive that were vaccinated. Don’t think that piece of information will be available to general public.

Thanks, in the first place the so called " Vaccine" doesn't prevent catching the virus.

Secondly, if we're being scientifically correct, the so called vaccine is not a vaccine at all, and doesn't qualify under the definition of a vaccine. End of story, and my last statement on the matter.

• Thanks 1

Only if the people who cares so much about the risks of side effects from the vaccine mean cared this much about what they eat, what they drink, substances , their sex life , etc healthcare wouldn’t be so dang overwhelming with higher acuity and demands and less services 😉

• Like 6
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Thanks, in the first place the so called " Vaccine" doesn't prevent catching the virus.

Secondly, if we're being scientifically correct, the so called vaccine is not a vaccine at all, and doesn't qualify under the definition of a vaccine. End of story, and my last statement on the matter.

You are correct.  Textbook definition...

14 minutes ago, cbo said:

I'm guessing the 4 million people that died and their family and friends. 

Wow somebody laughed at that? This is a wild place man

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Thank you.. Everybody wants to act like it's just a possible headache that you may get. From the conversations I have had, the unknown is the biggest factor. People. just don't know what kind of problems this could cause down the road.

Do you know the problems COVID might cause down the road? Why are the people who are so concerned about the potential side effects of the vaccine the same people who dismiss a virus that has killed 4 million people? It's just odd. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I mean, it was the same jackass that posted it so guess he finds people dying funny.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

The research used in the SARS-CoV-2 vaccine has been around for 20 years and it is really not new. Scientists already knew about COVID and how it operates in the human body so they knew how to make a vaccine that would work as safely as possible. 

This. The vaccine technology was developed in the long and, unfortunately to date, fruitless attempts at an HIV vaccine. Serendipitously, it made development of the COVID vaccine possible in the incredibly rapid time frame in which it was developed. That’s why concerns about the rapid vaccine development are *I think* overblown but understandable.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

It really is. Crazy it has become cool or some political posture to not care about people dying. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

They do know a lot more than you apparently understand. 

And down the road? If you die from the Delta variant it won't matter will it? 

Goodness. Apparently you don't really know much about the conversation that has transpired. You are coming at me as if I am anti-vaccine. I am not in the least. 

I have not said that a single time nor implied it.  Simply stating I understand people's hesitance and respect their choice whatever they decide for themselves. 

4 minutes ago, cbo said:

Do you know the problems COVID might cause down the road? Why are the people who are so concerned about the potential side effects of the vaccine the same people who dismiss a virus that has killed 4 million people? It's just odd. 

I haven't dismissed anything. 

What is odd is the number of people in this thread who can't seem to comprehend that someone can be an advocate for people's God given rights and also not be anti-vaccine. The two are not mutually exclusive.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, cbo said:

It really is. Crazy it has become cool or some political posture to not care about people dying. 

A lot of the same people call themselves “pro life”. Go figure.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, fredst said:

Oh lord, as if @McLoofus wasn’t problem enough already. Make way for the Loof ego….

I'm just looking myself in the mirror that I didn't make a list that @W.E.D made.....what type of person am I?

• Love 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Just now, cole256 said:

I'm just looking myself in the mirror that I didn't make a list that @W.E.D made.....what type of person am I?

I don't agree with everything he posts but in this thread I do. Broken clock is right twice a day. ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You and W.E.D deserve your own thread show. Our forum's first take. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Now that is funny. And, I venture to say, self-affirming, lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

You and W.E.D deserve your own thread show. Our forum's first take. 

Lol I actually like him. We actually agree on everything but Bo and we don't totally disagree there, I think he can certainly take off possibly. I guess it's just a disagreement on how good he has been......But I like a good debate long as I'm not just called a liar I can still respect anybody who says I'm wrong. Hell you and loof and gravejd are some of my favorite guys and we've all bumped heads. 

I can even get over this thread eventually, it's what I expected because I know the ethnographic but the laughing at the people dying comment is crazy....even I didn't expect to see that sheesh!

*demographic I couldn't edit the other word because I'm damn proud of my spellcheck at what it thinks I can handle

Edited by cole256
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Wish that I could say what I wanted to say but I'm worried it'll be "too political". Just want to say that I appreciate the hell out of the people like @AuCivilEng1@McLoofus@Quietmaninthecorner@TexasTiger@W.E.D (others that I'm definitely missing) in this thread using facts and science to dictate their reasoning to get the vaccine and try to help stem this virus. You all are the reasons I haven't lost complete faith in this forum as a whole.

The fact that after 620k+ people have died in the U.S. alone and we still have a jackass in this thread that wants refer to Covid as a "boogeyman" makes me want to never frequent this board ever again but it's people like the ones I @'ed above that keep me coming back. Seriously, from a poster that hardly ever posts in the football forum anymore, I thank you all.

Great post, with one glaring omission.