Harsin: Team 60% vacinated

mb711

6 hours ago, jared52 said:

https://www.si.com/college/alabama/bamacentral/nick-saban-pretty-close-to-90-percent-of-players-have-been-vaccinated

Excerpt:

"I think there's two issues when it comes to vaccines," Saban said. "First of all, we have a majority of our players who have gotten the vaccine, and we've given every player on our team the choice to do that. I think there's a couple things to consider. First of all, you have a personal decision, which comes down to risk — risk of COVID, relative risk to the vaccine. It's the same thing. We don't really have a lot of knowledge about how this stuff is going to affect people in the future, so that's a personal decision that everybody has the right to make.

"On the other hand, you also have a competitive decision to make because you're going to be a part of a team. So how does the personal choice and decision you make affect the team?...

"But players have to understand that you are putting your teammates in a circumstance and situation. We can control what you do in our building. We cannot control what you do on campus and when you go around town, who you're around, who you're associated with, and what you bring into our building.

"So every player has a personal decision to make to evaluate the risk of COVID relative to vaccine, and then they have a competitive decision to make on how it impacts their ability to play in games, because with the vaccine you probably have a better chance. Without it, you have a lesser chance that something could happen, a bigger chance that something could happen that may keep you from being on the field, which doesn't enhance your personal development.

"Then how does it affect the team if you bring it to the team? So these are choices and decisions that every player has to make. Our approach has been I think we've had three medical doctors sort of give lectures to our team about the pros and cons of the whole COVID circumstance, the vaccine circumstance, so that they can make intelligent decisions about what they do."

Thanks for posting this. Again some people are playing chess while others are playing checkers. 

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Lol I actually like him. We actually agree on everything but Bo and we don't totally disagree there, I think he can certainly take off possibly. I guess it's just a disagreement on how good he has been......But I like a good debate long as I'm not just called a liar I can still respect anybody who says I'm wrong. Hell you and loof and gravejd are some of my favorite guys and we've all bumped heads. 

I can even get over this thread eventually, it's what I expected because I know the ethnographic but the laughing at the people dying comment is crazy....even I didn't expect to see that sheesh!

WED makes more sense than most people on this board.

And one of my first posts was taking a jab at him. He was cool and funny about it. 

That comment was way beyond. No matter how low you set your expectations, some people still manage to surprise. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

NS stay ahead of the curve. How does he do it?

It's definitely not leadership, per this thread.  But hey, who cares if our team get's covid during the season!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm just looking myself in the mirror that I didn't make a list that @W.E.D made.....what type of person am I?

Tighten up, buddy.  I'm just glad someone is finally proud of me

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

You and W.E.D deserve your own thread show. Our forum's first take. 

@cole256 have threads pretty much to ourselves then get yelled at for posting

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

This site ain't got enough gigs buddy

Big head in the clouds? Lol get it ego head cloud storage space....

Dad joke of the day

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

We actually agree on everything but Bo and we don't totally disagree there

This makes me laugh.  It's right, but it doesn't stop endless pages

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol I actually like him. We actually agree on everything but Bo and we don't totally disagree there, I think he can certainly take off possibly. I guess it's just a disagreement on how good he has been......But I like a good debate long as I'm not just called a liar I can still respect anybody who says I'm wrong. Hell you and loof and gravejd are some of my favorite guys and we've all bumped heads. 

I can even get over this thread eventually, it's what I expected because I know the ethnographic but the laughing at the people dying comment is crazy....even I didn't expect to see that sheesh!

*demographic I couldn't edit the other word because I'm damn proud of my spellcheck at what it thinks I can handle

I was already looking up ethnographic. Thot I lernt a new word.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

@cole256 have threads pretty much to ourselves then get yelled at for posting

The funny thing is the people who usually do complain never have a single thing of substance to post & usually ask the same damn obvious questions over and over.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, cbo said:

Great post, with one glaring omission. 

I couldn't remember everyone in this thread and I didn't feel like going through 8 pages. If I didn't name drop you, just know I still appreciate you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

I couldn't remember everyone in this thread and I didn't feel like going through 8 pages. If I didn't name drop you, just know I still appreciate you.

Was definitely just joking. Very much agree with the sentiment of your post. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, McLoofus said:

He's wasting a great opportunity to be a civic leader in a region that badly needs them. 

bing-*******-o!!! for better or for worse, we (this state) respect these coaches more than we do the in-state public officials or the medical experts. Not going to commit to one way or the other myself (in this post), but Nicholas and Bryan choosing to play the middle is defiant to the power that they know (esp. Saban) have 

Edit: this thread has informed me Nick has been very public outside of his media days comments. That was my only reference point so far of his stance, either way

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, wcware said:

They were definitely given what they were supposed to be  given. It wasn’t an accident 

They already had syphilis. They weren’t given anything 

7 hours ago, LeonardAU said:

If I were a local business owner and we end up forfeiting a home game I think I'd take the position it was fireable. But I'm not, so it doesn't really matter to me.  Hopefully we don't get to that point.

the budget of the academics program and the entire ******* town was beat like a prime Ali opponent, but SOME guys think it only impacts those young, obviously influencable players, if they choose to miss games. 

Oh man I could tell from the thread title this would be a fantastic panties in a wad cat fight from all sides and it has not disappointed. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

60% - that's solid isn't it?...

Wait, that was last season.

I get it that people have a right to decide if they want the vaccination or not but that holds more water if you are only talking about yourself. If you are in a group environment all day long then what you do affects others whether you see it that way or not. Having 40% of the team being unvaccinated may be a personal choice but it's a lot of persons making a selfish choice. If one comes down with COVID then there will be quarantine for many. And not just the players but the staff too. SEC football is hard enough without making it harder through selfish decisions. You may want to say publicly that it's a personal decision but it's a very public decision unless your Tom Hanks in Cast Away. They can run 25 stadium updowns all they want but it won't matter if they come down with a respiratory illness. 

Edited by gr82be
  • Like 4

2020 team - 0% vaccinated.  Didn’t affect the season.  What’s the next issue to obsess about before practices start?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

This is not all on CBH. I cannot understand WHY people in this thread are so quick to bash and beat him over the head. Good grief. This encompasses more than just one sport, therefore, the blame falls squarely on the school and the athletic department for not bringing in enough resources to educate the players compared to Bama. Maybe they did. I don't know. And WHERE are the parents, relatives, and friends responsibility in all this? It's a team effort. Remember?

To compare CBH to Saban is laughable. Saban has an unlimited soapbox, practically immune to public scrutiny. AND he's backed by a university with more $$$ than anyone, with the determination and influence necessary to get results.

Maybe CBH used this very public platform to get a point across. Hopefully it'll be the trigger needed to achieve the 80% thresh hold by the start of the season.

Didn’t some key people sit out last year because of Covid and didn’t Tank miss the bowl and a few others because of it. Tank missing a game or games definitely affects the team. Matter of fact didn’t he miss the Bama but I believe it was due to injury.

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

A lot of the same people call themselves “pro life”. Go figure.

Yet the ones that are "Pro Choice" acting like it shouldn't be a choice. Weird isn't it? 

3 hours ago, WarDamnDoc said:

Pulm and critical care physician at an academic medical center here.

I’m tired of watching grown men and women cry when I tell them they’re going to have to be intubated due to COVID. I’m tired of seeing the fear in their eyes when they realize it’s not a ‘hoax’. I’m tired of watching their families cry. I’m tired of seeing them die from a preventable illness. 

I work in a division full of other lung and ICU doctors. Know how many have made the ‘personal decision’ not to get vaccinated after reading the literature? Zero. There is no controversy.

Grow up and get the vaccine. 

It's understandable that those closest to witnessing the effects of the virus would get the vaccine ASAP, especially doctors.  So, it's certainly puzzling to read articles about the middling vaccination rates of hospital staffs:  Less than 50% for nurses and aides

The rate of vaccination is pretty much inverse of the education level of staff. Among practicing physicians, 96% have been vaccinated.* The rate drops to <50% among nurses and even more among aides, especially in nursing homes, even though outbreaks and deaths have been the worst in that setting. Did you know that 40% of COVID deaths were in nursing homes? More than 1500 nursing home staff died as well; an op-ed in the Washington Post says caregivers have the most dangerous job in America. Will mandates backfire and cause an exodus of staff, when there are already shortages?  ...

Does your hospital/facility have a similar rate among staff?   

2 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

It's understandable that those closest to witnessing the effects of the virus would get the vaccine ASAP, especially doctors.  So, it's certainly puzzling to read articles about the middling vaccination rates of hospital staffs:  Less than 50% for nurses and aides

Does your hospital/facility have a similar rate among staff?   

Less than 50% for nurses and aids? That is unbelievable. I would have thought it would be somewhere near 80-90%. 

• Haha 1