Harsin: Team 60% vacinated

mb711

5 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

It's understandable that those closest to witnessing the effects of the virus would get the vaccine ASAP, especially doctors.  So, it's certainly puzzling to read articles about the middling vaccination rates of hospital staffs:  Less than 50% for nurses and aides

This doesn't surprise me at all. There are a lot of nurses out there publicly speaking out against the vaccine. 

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

This doesn't surprise me at all. There are a lot of nurses out there publicly speaking out against the vaccine. 

I should have chosen my percentages more carefully, haha. I was serious thinkn it would be in that range.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

I should have chosen my percentages more carefully, haha. I was serious thinkn it would be in that range.

Some of ya'll might have missed this point:

The rate of vaccination is pretty much inverse of the education level of staff.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sizzle said:

They already had syphilis. They weren’t given anything 

Are you sure about that. I haven’t looked to verify. 

7 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Your right. A quick google search gave me the answer

7 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

Yet the ones that are "Pro Choice" acting like it shouldn't be a choice. Weird isn't it? 

I don’t know anyone who think it shouldn’t be a choice. I think we’re all just baffled at the general stupidity and lack of care of people who won’t get vaccinated for a virus that killed 4 million people, worldwide in a year and a half. 

To be completely honest, I personally don’t really care if the anti vaxers get vaccinated or not. Those dummy’s can go extinct, for all I care. I just don’t want you peeps taking up resources in hospitals and ruining stuff for the rest of us. Like football season for example. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, meh130 said:

I heard last year that a lot of the team contracted COVID over the course of the spring and summer of 2020. If someone has immunity from prior infection, they should not be pressured to take the vaccine.

That is contingent upon antibody levels. I’m acquainted with a ER MD in Florida that contracted Covid last year. 8 months later she had zero antibodies.

12 pages discussing this? My lord people I swear to you there are better ways to live your life. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

12 pages discussing this? My lord people I swear to you there are better ways to live your life. 

And yet here you are.

As for me, I'm living my life just fine. 

• Haha 1

Huge difference in being an anti vaxer and not 100% trusting the Covid Vacine.  I got the Moderna shots as soon as it was available to me even though I'm not obese (78% hospitalized for COVID-19 in US were obese). I may have paid that price when I got a chest infection then a collapsed lung starting two weeks after my 2nd shot. But maybe it was just weird timing. Still I am glad I'm vaccinated and I think all adults should be. Of course my wife and most adults had no complications from the vaccine. But the numbers and science say it would be a greater risk to get the vaccine for my children (such as myrocarditis) not to mention the longterm effects are unknown.  Healthy fit minors getting COVID-19 are at a much lower risk of hospilization than healthy adults and that number is already very low.  The mortality rate for healthy children in a study of 48K cases was zero. If the vaccine stopped the spread of COVID-19 that would change my opinion.  But it doesn't and that seems to be a point of confusion in this thread for many. At this point I just feel more confident in my children, and other healthy, fit, young people, to develop antibodies naturally. More time and research could change that opinion.  

Evidence for children getting vaccine.

Edited by AUBourne
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Correct. It was basically a natural history study of the progression of the disease despite an effective treatment being available. Morally bankrupt behavior by omission rather than commission 

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I don’t know anyone who think it shouldn’t be a choice. I think we’re all just baffled at the general stupidity and lack of care of people who won’t get vaccinated for a virus that killed 4 million people, worldwide in a year and a half. 

This. There's also that bizarre "self sabotage just to own the **** energy" that has taken over half the country.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AUBourne said:

The morality rate for healthy children in a study of 48K cases was zero.

Those were a bunch of really bad kids they were studying 

Edited by fredst
  • Haha 6

Just now, fredst said:

Those were a bunch of really bad kids they were studying 

Haha you got that before I fixed it. You are fast on the draw. 

• Haha 1

Just now, AUBourne said:

Haha you got that before I fixed it. You are fast on the draw. 

It was too good an opportunity to pass up, lol

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

And yet here you are.

As for me, I'm living my life just fine. 

Sad thing is this is actually a really important discussion and could lead to some major consequences down the road…I guess it’s better to discuss 2023 recruiting rankings 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, DAG said:

Sad thing is this is actually a really important discussion and could lead to some major consequences down the road…I guess it’s better to discuss 2023 recruiting rankings 

I laughed, but... exactly.

Btw, I'm driving a boat right now with my two kids and a cup of coffee while talking about pressing issues with people I talk to more than my own siblings. Best part? It's not my boat! 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, cbo said:

Some of ya'll might have missed this point:

The rate of vaccination is pretty much inverse of the education level of staff.

It’s also inverse of the economic scale. Nurses/aides can easily move to next hospitals. Doctors not so much. They are vaccinating their wallets potentially.

In all my days/years on this forum, I have never seen a thread that has as many :thumbsdown: as this one.

What should be a medical question is clearly a political one.

My daughter caught the mess, had to be hospitalized and got the plasma treatments. That was a year ago and she's still donating blood because she's still got the anti-bodies. So, there is good natural immunity for those who get sick with the virus. Not sure about those who test positive and don't show symptoms. That would be me, and I got the vaccine as soon as it was available. See first hand how sick this thing can make someone and you want to go to all lengths to avoid it. At least I did.

Now, about the football team: Remember the NC State baseball team getting sent home from the College World Series because of a positive test and others having been in contact with him? It could easily happen to a football team. If winning games is the objective, then getting the team fully vaccinated is a no-brainer. AU being a 17 point favorite in Baton Rouge but getting sent home with a forfeit would definitely suck.

8 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

It’s also inverse of the economic scale. Nurses/aides can easily move to next hospitals. Doctors not so much. They are vaccinating their wallets potentially.

Huh?

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

In all my days/years on this forum, I have never seen a thread that has as many :thumbsdown: as this one.

What should be a medical question is clearly a political one.

My daughter caught the mess, had to be hospitalized and got the plasma treatments. That was a year ago and she's still donating blood because she's still got the anti-bodies. So, there is good natural immunity for those who get sick with the virus. Not sure about those who test positive and don't show symptoms. That would be me, and I got the vaccine as soon as it was available. See first hand how sick this thing can make someone and you want to go to all lengths to avoid it. At least I did.

Now, about the football team: Remember the NC State baseball team getting sent home from the College World Series because of a positive test and others having been in contact with him? It could easily happen to a football team. If winning games is the objective, then getting the team fully vaccinated is a no-brainer. AU being a 17 point favorite in Baton Rouge but getting sent home with a forfeit would definitely suck.

Unless they just stop testing when a certain vaccination rate is achieved they can all be vaccinated and still test positive before a game. I have not seen any information about what the testing or actions if positives occur.

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

Unless they just stop testing when a certain vaccination rate is achieved they can all be vaccinated and still test positive before a game. I have not seen any information about what the testing or actions if positives occur.

As I read it, only the un-vaccinated will be tested.

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Huh?

The article implied that the more education one had the higher rate of vaccinations within that education group (doctors vs. nurses/aides). I just assumed Doctors not only were more educated, but also had a higher economic risk by being locked out of a particular hospital. I thought the article assumed more education would drive higher vaccination rates. I simply came to another assumption that economic risk was higher in that particular vaccination group. Hope this helps explain my post.

Auburn and Alabama come into the 2021 Iron Bowl Undefeated. #1 and #2 in the nation. All eyes are on the powerhouse matchup. Auburn has several players test positive and must forfeit. Alabama goes on to the SEC title and wins another natty.

Wouldn’t even be mad at that point.

• Like 1