Harsin: Team 60% vacinated

mb711

.... If you don;t eat them, you might get hypoglycemic and feel bad for a few days.  If you eat them, you may feel bad for a few days anyway or even die. 

I am just referring to normal healthy people.

In the aged with co-morbidities, completely different discussion.

5 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

I'm talking about the vaccination. 

The disease has been horrible.

Let's do the M&M thing.  Got a bowl of M&M's.  177 million of the them.  At least 7,000 of them are lethal.  How many you want?

But these aren’t M&Ms. There’s a lot more nuance to the discussion than boiling it down to something like that.

2 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

.... If you don;t eat them, you might get hypoglycemic and feel bad for a few days.  If you eat them, you may feel bad for a few days anyway or even die. 

I am just referring to normal healthy people.

In the aged with co-morbidities, completely different discussion.

And of the 7000, assuming that is even accurate,  how many were aged with comorbidities?

8 minutes ago, ToomersRevenge said:

And of the 7000, assuming that is even accurate,  how many were aged with comorbidities?

You're right.

A recent Harvard study was cited as saying that the number may be as much as 5 X under reported.

And that's a good question.  The mean age for reported VAERS deaths  is 74.

When you start talking accuracy of numbers.  A lot of people don't believe the 600,000 number either.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2021 at 1:32 PM, shabby said:

I wonder if he changes his tune when unvacinnated players start missing games. Pros and Cons? Seriously like their are any comparable cons. 

I wonder if there are some on this board that will change their mind about pushing the vaccine if a player has to miss games because the vaccine caused another health issue.  It can and has happened.

This is a personal choice to make and it should stay that way.  And, if a player has already had the virus in no way should they be forced or coerced into taking the vaccine just to push the team's percentages up...recovered virus victims should be counted towards the total.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AUGoo said:

You're right.

A recent Harvard study was cited as saying that the number may be as much as 5 X under reported.

And that's a good question.  The mean age for reported VAERS deaths  is 74.

When you start talking accuracy of numbers.  A lot of people don't believe the 600,000 number either.

The numbers are hard to believe since they've monkeyed around with them for political purposes.  For instance, were some GSW victims counted towards the Covid numbers?  Here is the problem...did the victim die of Covid or die with Covid?  That is the question...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Warbird82 said:

I wonder if there are some on this board that will change their mind about pushing the vaccine if a player has to miss games because the vaccine caused another health issue.  It can and has happened.

Wouldn't affect my opinion at all one bit. 

This is a personal choice to make and it should stay that way.  And, if a player has already had the virus in no way should they be forced or coerced into taking the vaccine just to push the team's percentages up...recovered virus victims should be counted towards the total.

Nobody's saying to force a needle in peoples arms, but it IS being shown that when people are given accurate, educated information on the virus and on how the vaccine was developed and produced, that a majority of people will choose on their own to get the vaccine. 

When little or conflicting information is given and leaders, "like Harsin and Kay Ivey", just say do whatever you want and feel is right... then a majority of people just become more confused, buy into bad, unfactual information, and become more vaccine hesitant. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoffeeTiger said:

When little or conflicting information is given and leaders, "like Harsin and Kay Ivey", just say do whatever you want and feel is right... then a majority of people just become more confused, buy into bad, unfactual information, and become more vaccine hesitant. 

Or, they research on their own and find out there are risks to the vax and alternative therapies and prophylaxis not being cited by the MSM.

It's a glass half full/half empty discussion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Nobody's saying to force a needle in peoples arms, but it IS being shown that when people are given accurate, educated information on the virus and on how the vaccine was developed and produced, that a majority of people will choose on their own to get the vaccine. 

Nope...when it comes to something like this you have one shot to get it right from a trust standpoint.  In the early spring we had momentum on getting the vaccine...widespread momentum.  Then the J&J vaccine was poo pooed on and that momentum stopped in its tracks.  No amount of education or communications messaging can put that genie back in the bottle.  If you want to criticize the Guv then call her out on the roll-out of the vaccine in Alabama...which was horrible.  I live here and traveled to Mississippi to get the vaccine...twice for both shots.  They had their act together (easy to navigate website, logistics by the National Guard)!  Gives new meaning to the old phrase "Thank God for Mississippi!"

14 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Or, they research on their own and find out there are risks to the vax and alternative therapies and prophylaxis not being cited by the MSM.

It's a glass half full/half empty discussion.

I have decided to pass on the vaccine.  Why take an experimental, untested vaccine for a virus that has a 98% survival rate.  I am not in a high risk group so I will take my chances.    

Nope...when it comes to something like this you have one shot to get it right from a trust standpoint.  In the early spring we had momentum on getting the vaccine...widespread momentum.  Then the J&J vaccine was poo pooed on and that momentum stopped in its tracks.  No amount of education or communications messaging can put that genie back in the bottle.  If you want to criticize the Guv then call her out on the roll-out of the vaccine in Alabama...which was horrible.  I live here and traveled to Mississippi to get the vaccine...twice for both shots.  They had their act together (easy to navigate website, logistics by the National Guard)!  Gives new meaning to the old phrase "Thank God for Mississippi!"

I agree the Alabama rollout was terrible, but I disagree that the momentum wouldn't have stopped if the J&J version didn't have some issues. 

When shots first became available in Alabama you had the flood of people trying to get the limited number of shots, but those were the people who wanted the shots anyway. The same people now who are mistrustful of the vaccines and wont get it were even MORE hesitant back in the spring on initial rollout.

This is a global pandemic. Things are messy, not everything's going to be perfect and without error, and not all questions are going to have 100% verifiable answers. 

We need to stop trying to make up  'valid' excuses for stupid people who wont get the vaccine even if they are at risk for the virus.  We need to stop believing that a vast majority of people do 'their own research' and know what sources of information to trust and make informed, intelligent decisions about and ongoing health crises that the best minds in the world are having troubles getting a handle on. 

And there are ALOT of at risk people who aren't getting the vaccine. Hospitals are starting to fill up with Covid patients (90-95% of which are all unvaccinated) and people are starting to die from the Delta variant again. 

7 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Yeah knew JC before he grew up....man he could talk up a storm....get it!!!

Were you there for this too?

6B87EAFA-A747-4207-B864-B1E446C9654F.gif

• Like 1

I've read enough on here from all aspects to come to the conclusion....There is no BEST answer.

Couple of thoughts though:

I read somewhere that Harsin might be a Scientologist. Any substance to this? You see a lot of these living in Utah and the NW. Could be one reason Harsin may not have gotten the vaccine. 

Another thought: Knowing how Harsin  is built and teaching about being a team, one goal, win. And he also talks so much about doing it for the team. So I would have thought that he would have been pushing for the vaccine to ensure that there are no bumps along the way to being 1-0 every Saturday. 

9 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

We need to stop trying to make up  'valid' excuses for stupid people who wont get the vaccine even if they are at risk for the virus.  We need to stop believing that a vast majority of people do 'their own research' and know what sources of information to trust and make informed, intelligent decisions about and ongoing health crises that the best minds in the world are having troubles getting a handle on. 

Wow!

That's not arrogant nor condescending at all.

Everyone is at risk for the virus.  It's an individual Risk/Benefit thing that we all need to consider.  I just see vax risk in young healthy kids greater than the benefit.  But, ultimately it is an individual choice.

Completely different conversation for higher risk groups.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I've read enough on here from all aspects to come to the conclusion....There is no BEST answer.

Couple of thoughts though:

I read somewhere that Harsin might be a Scientologist. Any substance to this? You see a lot of these living in Utah and the NW. Could be one reason Harsin may not have gotten the vaccine. 

Another thought: Knowing how Harsin  is built and teaching about being a team, one goal, win. And he also talks so much about doing it for the team. So I would have thought that he would have been pushing for the vaccine to ensure that there are no bumps along the way to being 1-0 every Saturday. 

I see it as separating life and football.

Non of my business if he is a scientologist.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Howard Roark said:

I have decided to pass on the vaccine.  Why take an experimental, untested vaccine for a virus that has a 98% survival rate.  I am not in a high risk group so I will take my chances.    

Ahh the ole there's only a 2 percent chance I'll die and cause suffering for those I leave behind argument if a doctor told me there was 2 percent chance I would die unless I get a shot but the shot has resulted in 6 deaths out of 339 million shots given... I'm taking that shot everytine. This is what the players need to know. 

Edited by shabby
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Warbird82 said:

I would only agree with this process if those that had the virus were tested to ensure they still show antibodies ( not a medical person so don’t know if I am stating that correctly). I understand they do this before utilizing in Plasma therapy for covid.

1 hour ago, Howard Roark said:

I’m not against the vax. But I just want a little more time in before I get it. I don’t see that as unreasonable or anti-vax. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, shabby said:

Ahh the ole there's only a 2 percent chance I'll die and cause suffering for those I leave behind argument if a doctor told me there was 2 percent chance I would die unless I get a shot but the shot has resulted in 6 deaths out of 339 million shots given... I'm taking that shot everytine. This is what the players need to know. 

Come on here. It’s not the short term effects that have people worried. Tell me one vax that the FDA has approved? Nothing wrong with waiting a little bit till we get a little more info on this. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I believe that is a misrepresentation of what both of them said but that may have been what you were shooting for.

3 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I believe that is a misrepresentation of what both of them said but that may have been what you were shooting for.

Alabama is the least vaccinated state in the nation and Auburn is likely not to meet the SEC's vaccination goal as a team so whatever Ivey and Harsin have been saying it hasn't been working out well. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger

3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Come on here. It’s not the short term effects that have people worried. Tell me one vax that the FDA has approved? Nothing wrong with waiting a little bit till we get a little more info on this. 

The 2% risk of death the reason why waiting is not prudent. I just because only 2% guy doesn't mean there aren't long-term effects from Catching cold in or idiot that such as having to be intubated in the Hospital. Imagine our coach spoke to the players just like you posted and that explains why we have a 60% vaccination rate. Imagine Nick Saban spoke differently and that's why they have a 90% vaccination rate

• Like 1