Harsin: Team 60% vacinated

mb711

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Covid is actually much more likely to be come less virulent the more it mutates. From an evolutionary standpoint, it isn't good for a virus to kills its host. It has no incentive to mutate into a more deadly form.

It's probably going to go the way of the Spanish flu and just become more of a run of the mill Corona virus.

Somebody should pin this

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

Covid is actually much more likely to be come less virulent the more it mutates. From an evolutionary standpoint, it isn't good for a virus to kills its host. It has no incentive to mutate into a more deadly form.

It's probably going to go the way of the Spanish flu and just become more of a run of the mill Corona virus.

that is probably not true. aids is a virus and it mutates so often they cannot come up with a working vaccine to stop it. they can keep you alive but you best be hitting those meds and some still die.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

you are absolutely right. i still fell bad for that child. my question is if everyone was doing things the safe way with the shots and masking would the child have died?

Sure but I think people aren't realizing the ethical impacts those questions have.

"Would a kid that died in a car accident have died if we had banned driving altogether?". "Would that guy have died of a heart attack if we had banned fast food?" 

We tried this with alcohol prohibition. Responsible adults don't want to be treated like children for the sake of irresponsible adults. Authoritarian societies are born out of the thought of protecting people from themselves, and not trusting them with their liberty.

• Like 1

Just now, AUght2win said:

that is not always  true.  A slower death helps the virus also.  More contagions helps the virus.  This virus is showing it is NOT becoming less deadly but is becoming more contagious and is starting to hit younger people harder.   

We can hope Lambda and Gamma variants do what you are talking about and get  weaker,  but they is so new we don't know.     Gamma has taken over delta in Illinois.    Delta+  is Delta but more contagious no change in mortality rate as of yet. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Sure but I think people aren't realizing the ethical impacts those questions have.

"Would a kid that died in a car accident have died if we had banned driving altogether?". "Would that guy have died of a heart attack if we had banned fast food?" 

We tried this with alcohol prohibition. Responsible adults don't want to be treated like children for the sake of irresponsible adults. Authoritarian societies are born out of the thought of protecting people from themselves, and not trusting them with their liberty.

alcohol , burgers and cars accidents are not highly contagious.    

Would less kids  die if there were no driving laws?

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Nah I'm not even going to click on it. I'm just going to come back and laugh at your other post. 

Yeah, you don't seem like a guy that's big on science articles. 

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

alcohol and cars accidents are not highly contagious.    

Would less kids  die if there were no driving laws?

Car accidents don't affect outside parties, ala how contagion affects outside parties? Alcoholics only do harm to themselves? Really?

4 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Yeah, you don't seem like a guy that's big on science articles. 

Lol, what is your degree in? Funny though with you seem like a guy that would say something like that. 

Edited by cole256
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Lol, what is your degree in?

My favorite of all the deflection cycles.

*non-scientist claims knowledge on a scientific subject* > *is presented with data that contradicts their opinion* > "LOL whatever you're not a scientist."

• Like 1

My favorite of all the deflection cycles.

*non-scientist claims knowledge on a scientific subject* > *is presented with data that contradicts their opinion* > "LOL whatever you're not a scientist."

😂 that degree doesn't validate that arrogance does it? 

Edited by cole256
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

It doesn't need to mutate into a more deadly form.  It is strong enough already.   It is showing to become more contagious but not become less deadly.   AND, death is not the only negative outcome.

• Like 1

😂 that degree doesn't validate that arrogance does it? 

I mean hey, you mocked my comparison to the Spanish Flu, which has been a huge barometer for judging Covid, as it was the last global viral pandemic. 

So clearly you know something the rest of the planet doesn't. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I mean hey, you mocked my comparison to the Spanish Flu, which has been a huge barometer for judging Covid, as it was the last global viral pandemic. 

So clearly you know something the rest of the planet doesn't. 

Did I mock that comparison, or did you do your usual and make that statement up? Listen stop talking to me and continue the entertainment of the smartest man because he says so

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Did I mock that comparison, or did you do your usual and make that statement up? Listen stop talking to me and continue the entertainment of the smartest man because he says so

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/will-coronavirus-evolve-be-less-deadly-180976288/

Here's another article that you shouldn't read because it will contradict everything you just said.

If you think I'm making up the virulence fade of the Spanish Flu that is reeeeeeeally funny but not surprising. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/will-coronavirus-evolve-be-less-deadly-180976288/

Here's another article that you shouldn't read because it will contradict everything you just said.

If you think I'm making up the virulence fade of the Spanish Flu that is reeeeeeeally funny but not surprising. 

There's a science article that contradicts pinning a post on a forum......wow, I see why you majored in reading science articles, that's crazy!

There's a science article that contradicts pinning a post on a forum......wow, I see why you majored in reading science articles, that's crazy!

Goodness.

Goodness.

I know right? You do alot of talking out your ass. Keep at it!

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Goodness.

Ok I read the second one a bit and btw you stated that it's much more likely to become less but then you posted an article that says we don't know what it may do which I know before reading that......you don't know like everybody else don't.

When you read articles it's important to pay attention to cue words like theory. ....But like I said don't talk to me about it.....I'm not the type to read science articles. Keep proving how you don't need to be taught to smarter than everybody about a subject you can just read an article and now you are qualified to look down