Harsin: Team 60% vacinated

mb711

11 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

How well did this evidence work for NC State when they got sent home from the CWS?

Exactly!

Now move to the political forum for the discussion on this question.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

The NCAA's views and rules doesn't mean they are right. It also seems like it's pressuring the kids to make a serious medical decision for the sake of playing. 

Some NFL players aren't happy with being put in that situation either. 

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1418310275241897985?s=20

Not mention a Vikings coach was let go for not wanting to get the vaccine and they promoted one guy, and hired away an analyst that harsin hired as an assistant. 

edit: not trying to get involved in either side, just mentioning something that nobody was talking about today 

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Really? Dude called me stupid and I called him stupid right back. 

Can you quote where I called you stupid please. This can be resolved very quick or at least the truth can be seen

33 minutes ago, cbo said:

I might have. Haven't followed the threads today. But I'd be surprised if Cole said something to warrant your comment. 

I said we should pin one of his posts and for whatever reason that upset him to the point where from that post he said that I called him stupid, mocked the fact that he compared the virus to another, and one other claim that's completely untrue, I forget it though. 

Then after trying to insult my intelligence I asked his credentials and he then presented that he read an article as his credentials.....which to me is like saying because I saw it on the internet, or because I stayed at a motel 6. 

While I know very little as far as healthcare, I don't fact myself to be on a higher level because I took a biology class at Auburn. I am an engineer though so I consider myself ok in science. I know that theory in articles means we don't know but this is what could happen.

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Can you quote where I called you stupid please. This can be resolved very quick or at least the truth can be seen

Can you elaborate on how that could possibly be received any other way than "look at this dumbass idea, let's pin this to mock it later"? 

Like, just for fun, I'd love to hear you actually try to explain that you weren't insulting my intelligence with that remark.

Let's not play semantics. You didn't *literally* call me stupid. I didn't *literally* call you stupid. But we very clearly called each other stupid. 

• Like 1

And you clearly didn't tell the truth but to be honest I really don't care, but I resent the racist comment. Feel free to show any post where I just called a person a racist without cause. 

You see that's the new power as far as that. Try to take a person's power for demanding equality by lying and presenting a facade that it's all made up......as if peoplecan't see through you

12 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Not mention a Vikings coach was let go for not wanting to get the vaccine and they promoted one guy, and hired away an analyst that harsin hired as an assistant 

Growing up during Iraq and 9/11, and in retrospect, I came away with the belief that you can't throw away every ethical principle because of a crisis. 9/11 didn't excuse our racial profiling or NSA spying on American Citizens. Same for internment camps during WW2. 

Yes, someone could say there was reason and justification behind those things because of desperate times, but it doesn't make them right. It's a fine line. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUGoo said:

500,000 people died from heart disease this past year. Hmmm, about the number of  deaths from Covid.  If you allowed someone to smoke, eat potato chips, eat french fries,  or some say even red meat, you are just as accountable.  How many times did you allow your neighbor to sit on the couch instead of exercising 3-4 times per week.  Obesity is an epidemic!

Let's force everyone to eat Tofu and Kale every meal and exercise.  It;s for the public good.

Obesity is an epidemic but You can’t pass obesity to somebody 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Can you elaborate on how that could possibly be received any other way than "look at this dumbass idea, let's pin this to mock it later"? 

Like, just for fun, I'd love to hear you actually try to explain that you weren't insulting my intelligence with that remark.

Let's not play semantics. You didn't *literally* call me stupid. I didn't *literally* call you stupid. But we very clearly called each other stupid. 

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

Somebody should pin this

Here's that quote and as you can see it hasn't been edited, there's a reason you added dumb ass idea to it. But if you had any question about it you could merely ask and I could elaborate. Like it or not that very important step is needed before you can say I said something that I didn't say.  Like all that stuff you wrote about mocking that other virus you referenced, I didn't say any of that. 

As far as your intelligence I didn't say anything to that could even be interpreted as that until after you insulted me and even then I just asked what credentials did you have to feel you are on some higher plane.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Obesity is an epidemic but You can’t pass obesity to somebody 

Doesn't justify what you're going for. You can't pass a lethal or serious case of covid to a vaccinated person. Almost 100% of those hospitalized from C19 right now are unvaccinated. Chances are astronomically low of dying from C19 after being vaccinated.

Bottomline: those who want to be safe from covid already are, via the vaccine that's been widely available for months. Others that aren't afraid or choose to risk covid have made their choice, and the consequences will fall squarely on their own heads.

15 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I said we should pin one of his posts and for whatever reason that upset him to the point where from that post he said that I called him stupid, mocked the fact that he compared the virus to another, and one other claim that's completely untrue, I forget it though. 

Then after trying to insult my intelligence I asked his credentials and he then presented that he read an article as his credentials.....which to me is like saying because I saw it on the internet, or because I stayed at a motel 6. 

While I know very little as far as healthcare, I don't fact myself to be on a higher level because I took a biology class at Auburn. I am an engineer though so I consider myself ok in science. I know that theory in articles means we don't know but this is what could happen.

Ok, so I did see all of that. As I expected. He made a prediction you disagreed with and you said to pin it to revisit later, implying you disagreed. He implied you don't understand or have no interest in reading articles about science, which I thought was across the line. 

I'm going to stand by my original assessment. 

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Here's that quote and as you can see it hasn't been edited, there's a reason you added dumb ass idea to it. But if you had any question about it you could merely ask and I could elaborate. Like it or not that very important step is needed before you can say I said something that I didn't say.  Like all that stuff you wrote about mocking that other virus you referenced, I didn't say any of that. 

As far as your intelligence I didn't say anything to that could even be interpreted as that until after you insulted me and even then I just asked what credentials did you have to feel you are on some higher plane.

Just stop. I didn't need an explanation on your condescending remark then, and I don't need it now. Just be genuine. It's okay that you insulted me. I forgive you and I hope you forgive me for what I said.

We're big boys and regardless, I'll enjoy talking with you on future discussions. 

• Like 1

Fighting over the indignity of having ten or twelve less vaccinated players than the turds, knowing full well no sh*ts will be given and no shots required for the 87,000 people going to watch them 😶

• Haha 1

On 7/22/2021 at 8:34 PM, Sani-Freeze said:

Fair enough, but I'm not sure you can say with certainty right now that it's safer for an 18-year-old football player to get the shot, compared to their risk of the virus itself. We absolutely do need to get everyone who is over 50 vaccinated. I'm guessing some portion of the unvaccinated players have already had the virus and built some immunity also, so the 60% number may not be that big of a deal after all. 

Where have you been? The Delta variant is killing young,healthy and unvaccinated people. These patients get much sicker and it happens much faster than the COVID we saw in 2020. It is indeed safer to get vaccinated.....far, far safer in fact. It is this kind of misinformation that is so frustrating. 

The longevity of immunity is still being evaluated....and infectious disease experts recommend that those who had COVID get one shot of the vaccine to strengthen their immunity to the disease.

Once again.....millions and millions of people have had the COVID vaccine and have had no serious,lingering side effect. To insinuate that the vaccine is unsafe is just incorrect. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Warbird82 said:

I’m pretty sure that if you have the antibodies they don’t go away.  The antibodies are markers for this specific virus.  They simply tell the right “attack cells” where to go and what to attack.  There were several reasons why the initial virus was so virulent, especially with the elderly (weakened immune systems due to age).  For others it was because our antibodies didn’t recognize it…so one’s body was late reacting or it over reacted by throwing everything at the virus including the kitchen sink (causing severe swelling, especially in the respiratory system).  The younger you are the stronger your immune system…this is why the virus has less of an effect on this demographic.

Bottom line: if you are in the high risk group, get the vaccine.  If you’ve had the virus, you’re probably in the clear.  If you haven’t had either, protect yourself.

Repeat.....infectious disease experts are recommending one dose of the vaccine for those who had COVID in the past. 

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

Just stop. I didn't need an explanation on your condescending remark then, and I don't need it now. Just be genuine. It's okay that you insulted me. I forgive you and I hope you forgive me for what I said.

We're big boys and regardless, I'll enjoy talking with you on future discussions. 

You see your problem? You absolutely will not listen. I don't lie on this board. I actually have too much pride to lie to somebody, especially on a forum. EVERYTHING I've already said has been genuine. 

I found a part of your statement ironic, I thought it was somewhat hypocritical. Also the fact that you went on your little rant or tirade or whatever because I didn't read that first article but you sit here now and say you don't need an explanation when you've been proven wrong in all the things  you quoted I said that I didn't say is hypocritical as well. 

But for the last time I didn't insult you until after you insulted me, and even did I just asked what your credentials were. But it's whatever, I'm used to this on here I don't really care about any of it besides being called a liar. I don't lie

Before this ends I also want to reiterate that racist comment is a bunch of bull. You have never just saw me call someone a racist and it was just unwarranted or I just did that because someone disagreed with me. You ignored that part but to me it's the most important. Thanks

Edited by cole256
  • Dislike 1

5 hours ago, AUght2win said:

PS. Complete and total lie our health systems are starting to stress. I mean COMPLETE lie.

So,  the whole world is in on the conspiracy and backing these American  lies?   

1 minute ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

At the height of the pandemic the dam never burst like people thought it would. Now that cases and hospitalizations are a small fraction of what they were, they are "starting to stress"?

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Fighting over the indignity of having ten or twelve less vaccinated players than the turds, knowing full well no sh*ts will be given and no shots required for the 87,000 people going to watch them 😶

However, the 87,000 in the stands aren't going to cause AU to forfeit a game. Ten or twelve un-vaccinated players very well might.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Now that cases and hospitalizations are a small fraction of what they  were...

in some places,  but in the places where people are refusing the vaccines  cases are as bad as last winter RIGHT NOW.    Arkansas :UAMS  little rock.  Oklahoma,  Florida,  and  others are growing very fast, Alabama etc.

https://cbs12.com/news/local/florida-reports-highest-daily-covid-case-count-since-january

https://www.readfrontier.org/stories/coronaviruscases-and-hospitalizations-are-rising-in-oklahoma/

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/23/us/covid-hospitals-florida.html

https://www.al.com/news/2021/07/alabama-hospitals-filling-up-after-self-inflicted-wound-from-covid.html

https://www.kmbc.com/article/university-of-kansas-health-system-says-hospital-beds-are-filling-up-fast/37096066#

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I cannot for the life of me understand how anyone could believe that such a conspiracy is even plausible. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Once again.....millions and millions of people have had the COVID vaccine and have had no serious,lingering side effect. To insinuate that the vaccine is unsafe is just incorrect. 

But see, absolutes like this is where people feel like they're being lied to.

It's a vaccine that was fast-tracked in a historic, unprecedented process. Currently, it doesn't appear dangerous in the short term. But we have no earthly idea whether or not there will be longterm effects. 

It's purely an unknown. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

At the height of the pandemic the dam never burst like people thought it would. Now that cases and hospitalizations are a small fraction of what they were, they are "starting to stress"?

Surges are happening. Some hospitals are seeing volumes equal or greater to peak COVID. Many others are seeing volumes greater than the last six months at least. So it’s not a lie to say they are starting to stress. 

No, the dam didn’t burst earlier, thanks to the tireless work of so many in healthcare. But it was an awful situation we don’t want to return to or be flippant about. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Yes....they are. Miami is a good example. And as the infections spread the medical community will begin to feel the stress in every state.

The reason that the dam didn't burst  everywhere is strictly due to the heroics  and resourcefulness of the medical community. Drs and nurses wearing garbage bags and disinfecting PPEs with UV light so they could reuse them. Using CPAP machines when there were no ventilators available. You have no idea what the medical community went through, and in some places the dam did burst but they plugged the holes with their health and emotional well being. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

But see, absolutes like this is where people feel like they're being lied to.

It's a vaccine that was fast-tracked in a historic, unprecedented process. Currently, it doesn't appear dangerous in the short term. But we have no earthly idea whether or not there will be longterm effects. 

It's purely an unknown. 

Why do people keep saying this? You don’t know the long term effects of COVID either. And I guess you don’t know the long term effects of any vaccine until 50 or so years in.