Harsin: Team 60% vacinated

mb711

Kudos to Coach Harsin.

Remember, when it's free and pushed on you, you're the actual product. Big Pharma raking it in as usual laughing it up, remember these have no liabilities clause attached. You're the long term trials.

Look at the history of lawsuits from J&J to Pfizer, like they actually care about people is hilarious.

https://www.pharmaceutical-technology.com/features/pfizer-covid-19-vaccine-revenue/  there's your real reason for the push 💲 lol.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

It is not that simple.    They are taking the lives of others by becoming a spreader and a  vector for mutations.    

False. Absolutely false. And the main idea that I've been speaking on in this thread. Nobody is at risk other than those who choose to be at risk. From an ethical standpoint, the covid vaccine is now no different than the flu vaccine. Get it for your own protection if you feel the need. But it isn't about protecting others anymore. With the advent of the vaccine, the responsibility to protect ourselves passes to us all individually. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 7/23/2021 at 3:11 PM, AUGoo said:

I'm talking about the vaccination. 

The disease has been horrible.

Let's do the M&M thing.  Got a bowl of M&M's.  177 million of the them.  At least 7,000 of them are lethal.  How many you want?

I'll certainly take one if it prevented  infection from an extremely infectious pandemic virus that could kill me - and others I might infect  - and the possibility of getting infected is high.

Plus, it's the only way of eliminating the pandemic longer term so it's good for our society.

My odds for getting killed are probably higher than your example  every time I drive a car.

Edited by homersapien

16 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

False. Absolutely false... And the main idea that I've been speaking on in this thread. Nobody is at risk other than those who choose to be at risk.  

False. Absolutely false.

If the virus didn't mutate at all this  may be the case. But this virus is so widespread there are mutations popping up everywhere.

alpha (original) , beta, gamma ,  delta, delta+, and  lambda  variants  are already  causing issues. More contagious,  just as deadly, hitting younger people harder.  These are just the one's that have made it to the USA.

As long as people are spreading it,  the more variants we will get.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, clwn said:

Kudos to Coach Harsin.

Remember, when it's free and pushed on you, you're the actual product. Big Pharma raking it in as usual laughing it up, remember these have no liabilities clause attached. You're the long term trials.

Look at the history of lawsuits from J&J to Pfizer, like they actually care about people is hilarious.

https://www.pharmaceutical-technology.com/features/pfizer-covid-19-vaccine-revenue/  there's your real reason for the push 💲 lol.

Do you think anyone here is unfamiliar with how this works? Do you really think anyone here believes Big Pharma is doing this out of benevolence? Do you think Harsin is taking his stance as an eff you to capitalism? Do you think profit motive makes the vaccines less effective? Did Pfizer become so massive because their drugs don't work?

I love it when folks use this patronizing tone while sounding like a dorm room philosopher sitting on a futon in front of a blacklit velvet poster. It's the Man, man, trying to keep you down... Handle definitely checks out.

PS- Yes, it's about money. It's about saving the entire damn economy. You don't do that with sugar pills. The vaccine works and the supporting evidence is overwhelming. 

• Like 3

On 7/24/2021 at 12:51 AM, AUght2win said:

I'm not even being sarcastic when I say I totally agree. I got the vaccine in April. I think it's the right call. I also think it isn't right for me, a very fallible person who is no more or less important than anyone else, to force that on other people. What right do I have to force someone to believe what I believe about the vaccine?

That's my whole argument. I want everyone to be free to make their own decisions in life, within reason.

Who exactly are you arguing with?  :dunno:

Has anyone suggested vaccines should be mandatory?

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

My odds for getting killed are probably higher every time I drive a car.

JFYI Covid-19 has killed 250,000 people in the US.  (in 9 months as of last November) That's 10 times the deaths from car crashes in a year

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/18/health/covid-19-deaths-us-250k-trnd/index.html

and car accidents do not spread exponentially 

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner

2 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Not if it turns out to be the next asbestos in 40 years, and a bunch of kids that got it without needing to die from it. 

There is clearly a model available for people scared of covid - get the vaccine. Those who aren't scared, are consenting to any results they may suffer. There is no argument at this point for "the good of society". If you believe in the vaccine, like I do, then you believe all who want to be protected are.

And save the immunocompromised argument. That ground has already been covered. 

Oh c'mon. :rolleyes:

There is no scientific reason to fear a vaccine might possibly have a reaction like asbestos in 40 years.  We have a history of stimulating antibody responses that goes back to 1000 CE.  https://www.historyofvaccines.org/

Asbestos is a totally different mechanism that has nothing to do with vaccines.  It's nonsensical to keep throwing that up as an analogy.  If you are truly concerned about long term effects then hypothesize the mechanism.

Meanwhile, we have a global pandemic that we - as a country - are determined to keep alive with a large population that is refusing vaccination.  The science of virology and epidemiology this is well established. 

If you really are concerned what may happen in 40 years to all our kids, your concerns would be better directed to the effects of global warming.  The science of that is also well established.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2021 at 8:29 PM, AUGoo said:

500,000 people died from heart disease this past year. Hmmm, about the number of  deaths from Covid.  If you allowed someone to smoke, eat potato chips, eat french fries,  or some say even red meat, you are just as accountable.  How many times did you allow your neighbor to sit on the couch instead of exercising 3-4 times per week.  Obesity is an epidemic!

Let's force everyone to eat Tofu and Kale every meal and exercise.  It;s for the public good.

Fat and out of shape are not contagious. 

3 hours ago, auskip07 said:

Died with the virus...  There is a difference.   

What are you trying to imply?  Some sort of conspiracy in reporting?

57 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Do you think anyone here is unfamiliar with how this works? Do you really think anyone here believes Big Pharma is doing this out of benevolence? Do you think Harsin is taking his stance as an eff you to capitalism? Do you think profit motive makes the vaccines less effective? Did Pfizer become so massive because their drugs don't work?

I love it when folks use this patronizing tone while sounding like a dorm room philosopher sitting on a futon in front of a blacklit velvet poster. It's the Man, man, trying to keep you down... Handle definitely checks out.

PS- Yes, it's about money. It's about saving the entire damn economy. You don't do that with sugar pills. The vaccine works and the supporting evidence is overwhelming. 

Thank you for proving my point.

When the clinical trails end in a year or so, https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04470427 , and it becomes FDA approved and then added to the full list of vaccines with polio, mmr etc. Where, yes, the consumer PAYS to get it cause it's the product the consumer is wanting. Right now, no thanks to being a guinea pig.

P.S. It's a recliner not a futon. No poster though sorry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Easy on the velvet poster thing. You know you had an Elvis up somewhere. 😝 

5 hours ago, AUght2win said:

False. Absolutely false. And the main idea that I've been speaking on in this thread. Nobody is at risk other than those who choose to be at risk. From an ethical standpoint, the covid vaccine is now no different than the flu vaccine. Get it for your own protection if you feel the need. But it isn't about protecting others anymore. With the advent of the vaccine, the responsibility to protect ourselves passes to us all individually. 

Wrong.

Ever heard of "herd immunity"?  Sounds funny, but it's real. 

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/herd-immunity-and-coronavirus/art-20486808

The responsibility for attaining herd immunity passes to us all individually.  Protecting yourself is a nice side effect.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

AUGOO said: Let's do the M&M thing.  Got a bowl of M&M's.  177 million of the them.  At least 7,000 of them are lethal.  How many you want?

OK lets play,  but you have to play too.    to make this match reality there cant just be one bowl.  

You must choose vaccine or no vaccine  bowl one OR bowl two.

so your pretend numbers in your bowl has   

177,000,000 M&Ms and   7,000 poison M&Ms.    A .00095% (?)  chance of issues (even smaller percent are deaths)

Bowl 2 has 35,197,171 (real cases)    626,7619 (just real deaths, not even counting other issues which increase the final percentage by a lot.) are deadly poison.      1.7% chance of death (that is not even including non death hospitalizations and other issues).

You have a choice. which is the intelligent choice?   

BTW: Over 2 Billion vaccinations have been given world wide.   

Millions of people in the United States have received COVID-19 vaccines under the most intense safety monitoring in U.S. history.

Serious side effects that could cause a long-term health problem are extremely unlikely following any vaccination, including COVID-19 vaccination. Vaccine monitoring has historically shown that side effects generally happen within six weeks of receiving a vaccine dose

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Seriously? 

What do you think they are talking about when they describe a vaccine that is 90-something percent effective?

I guess my emphasis was on “prevent”. I think many people have the impression that prevent means “won’t catch it or won’t spread it.

17 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I guess my emphasis was on “prevent”. I think many people have the impression that prevent means “won’t catch it or won’t spread it.

It lessons the symptoms,  Lowers the viral load  and reduces the time of infection and length of time it is contagious.  With small viral loads a vaccinated person with antibodies can fight it off before it becomes contagious.    NOW, If a carrier in the contagious period comes and coughs directly in your mouth,   the vaccine will likely only help a little.   

Delta+ is said to be pluming.  that means there are little clouds of contagion around  a carrier.   Without a vaccine you could catch it just walking through the plume.   With the vaccine your body can fight the low viral load of the plume  often before it becomes contagious.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, clwn said:

Thank you for proving my point.

When the clinical trails end in a year or so, https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04470427 , and it becomes FDA approved and then added to the full list of vaccines with polio, mmr etc. Where, yes, the consumer PAYS to get it cause it's the product the consumer is wanting. Right now, no thanks to being a guinea pig.

P.S. It's a recliner not a futon. No poster though sorry.

You're a good sport. Cheers

25 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Jimi Hendrix

That’s more like it!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

And you are sure that the vaccinated caused diabetes how, exactly?

No doubt there have been heart attacks in people recently vaccinated also.

I guess nobody could ever truly know, but it's quite the coincidence that the autoimmune disease came up within a couple weeks of the vaccine. 

From what I've read, it's common for viruses to have set off the response in someone that is predisposed to have the autoimmune responses, but in this particular case, the vaccine was the only thing that stood out in their recent health history. 

This individual was young and healthy up to that point, so it is strange, but for those in the at risk category, I'd say the benefits of the vaccine would far outweigh the risk.

25 pages and I would bet that no one has changed another’s stance on this subject. It has been a good read though. I am really disappointed how much politics has infected everything in our lives now. Both sides dig in and weaponize anything that they think can help further their agendas. Anyway, War Eagle and I can’t wait to pack that stadium with ALL of you, vaccinated or not.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Oh c'mon. :rolleyes:

There is no scientific reason to fear a vaccine might possibly have a reaction like asbestos in 40 years.  We have a history of stimulating antibody responses that goes back to 1000 CE.  https://www.historyofvaccines.org/

Asbestos is a totally different mechanism that has nothing to do with vaccines.  It's nonsensical to keep throwing that up as an analogy.  If you are truly concerned about long term effects then hypothesize the mechanism.

Meanwhile, we have a global pandemic that we - as a country - are determined to keep alive with a large population that is refusing vaccination.  The science of virology and epidemiology this is well established. 

If you really are concerned what may happen in 40 years to all our kids, your concerns would be better directed to the effects of global warming.  The science of that is also well established.

It's arrogance like this that turns people off. And hey, if you're a believer in passive societal responsibility, you're technically killing people by botching the vaccine pitch so badly.

Riddle me this. If there's *no* scientific reason to fear the longterm effects of a vaccine, then why do some vaccines take years, decades even, and grueling, multi-stage trials to vet before they are released for public use? 

If you guys pay me I'll start posting and get this locked. Out of all threads though you don't have the arrogant come in and say something about arguing while he's arguing in another thread guy and a three or 4 people like the post? I mean what the heck

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

Who exactly are you arguing with?  :dunno:

Has anyone suggested vaccines should be mandatory?

The only practical read for your suggestions is mandatory vaccination. That's also literally the only other thing that could be done at this point to ensure raising the rate. Many people are advocating for that.

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Wrong.

Ever heard of "herd immunity"?  Sounds funny, but it's real. 

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/herd-immunity-and-coronavirus/art-20486808

The responsibility for attaining herd immunity passes to us all individually.  Protecting yourself is a nice side effect.

Could you list the #1 method mentioned in that article for reaching herd immunity for me?