Harsin: Team 60% vacinated

mb711

Just now, Auhud08 said:

No, thats leadership. It might not be style of leadership you like or the message you want to hear but thats leadership. The result isnt vax/non-vax its kids who think for themselves

I know that sounds really good in your head but we're not talking about math homework. What you're saying makes absolutely no sense in this context.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To my knowledge these are all grown men. I would hope they would decide to get vaccinated so they can play football. I am not vaccinated but if I had to get vaccinated to do something I am passionate about I would. I highly doubt anyone is telling them not to get vaccinated associated with the program but on an individual basis society is very split in the issue, especially with healthy young adults.

Edited by wcware
  • Like 3
  • Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Someone mentioned not having the team vaccinated and losing a game over it is a fireable offense. I listed some actual fireable offenses. 

If I were a local business owner and we end up forfeiting a home game I think I'd take the position it was fireable. But I'm not, so it doesn't really matter to me.  Hopefully we don't get to that point.

Edited by LeonardAU
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, stoic-one said:

I'm just hanging out in this thread as a  reminder to the link I've posted twice, y'all carry on. :popcorn:

Yes, that's exactly what we've been doing and will keep doing. Everyone saw it the first time. Take the hint.

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yes, that's exactly what we've been doing and will keep doing. Everyone saw it the first time. Take the hint.

Oh? 

Looky, a new page, I should post it again.  :poke:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 3

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I know that sounds really good in your head but we're not talking about math homework. What you're saying makes absolutely no sense in this context.

Why doesnt it? Tell me are vaccinated people 100% safe from getting COVID? How safe are people who have already had covid? You can find a well supported article for pro & anti vax, which basically means- we dont know yet. I fully support people who dont want something put in their body that isnt fully researched. 

for the record- I support vaccinations, I get my flu shot, but I havent gotten a covid vax but I did have contract it last year

• Facepalm 2

1 minute ago, Auhud08 said:

Why doesnt it? Tell me are vaccinated people 100% safe from getting COVID? How safe are people who have already had covid? You can find a well supported article for pro & anti vax, which basically means- we dont know yet. I fully support people who dont want something put in their body that isnt fully researched. 

for the record- I support vaccinations, I get my flu shot, but I havent gotten a covid vax but I did have contract it last year

Sorry, I'm still kicking at where the goalposts were before.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

No vaccine in existence is 100%.

I get my flu shot every year and got the flu earlier this year (COVID test came back negative). I went from normal flu (laid up for 2 weeks, aches/pains/lethargy, etc) to it being roughly a moderately bad head cold with a shorter duration.

Edited by selias
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Sorry, I'm still kicking at where the goalposts were before.

Whered i move them. Im still of the stance that bc the data isnt actually all that clear Harsin is being a leader and is teaching his players to be leaders by having them think for themselves. What part of my statement moves the goalposts? This seems like a redirection on your part. But im sure you wouldnt do that

• Dislike 1

Im not an anti-vaxer. I've been vaccinated since April when I received my second dose. However, I wonder how, if the tables were turned to say the team has been convinced to take hydroxychloroquine, the ppl supporting the vax would change their tune.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fredst said:

It is pretty interesting that many, including the “experts” like Fauci, have completely discounted natural immunity. High targets for vaccination percentages are great and I am a big advocate for this and all vaccines. Disregarding natural immunity they way they have is weird to me though….

Test for immunity instead of counting shots.  

1 minute ago, Auhud08 said:

Whered i move them. Im still of the stance that bc the data isnt actually all that clear Harsin is being a leader and is teaching his players to be leaders by having them think for themselves. What part of my statement moves the goalposts? This seems like a redirection on your part. But im sure you wouldnt do that

I try not to. But you shifted away from defining leadership to your personal views on the vaccine. That's where the goalposts moved.

You can defend Harsin on doing nothing. You can make an argument that it is not his place to guide his players on their conduct outside of football. But that's not leadership. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AU80cruiser said:

Im not an anti-vaxer. I've been vaccinated since April when I received my second dose. However, I wonder how, if the tables were turned to say the team has been convinced to take hydroxychloroquine, the ppl supporting the vax would change their tune.

If there was overwhelming evidence that hydroxychloroquine prevented people from catching or having serious complications from COVID, without any significant evidence of complications from hydroxychloroquine for healthy young men, then it would be going a lot like this.

But why are you asking? Isn't hydroxychloroquine used in treatment and not as a preventative?

15 minutes ago, selias said:

No vaccine in existence is 100%.

I get my flu shot every year and got the flu earlier this year (COVID test came back negative). I went from normal flu (laid up for 2 weeks, aches/pains/lethargy, etc) to it being roughly a moderately bad head cold with a shorter duration.

Sorry smallpox vaccine was only 95% effective my mistake

1 hour ago, mb711 said:

Scalisi? Why is that a weak statement from Harsin. I guess if you are in the camp that you MUST be vaccinated regardless of your personal preference, then he is wrong.

I don't like some in the media that is giving their opinion on it. Just state the facts of the interview. 

I wonder how the AD and the University is approaching this? Are they not giving instructions to their HCs, including Harsin on what they want them to push, not push?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

Of course I'd feel differently. Hydroxychloroquine has significant side effects that I have seen first hand. I'd also feel differently if the team was convinced to jump off a bridge. What are you getting at?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

Thats compulsory leadership and youre talking about an animal not people. 

perhaps harsin wants his players to think for themselves., to be independent, to be critical thinkers. Perhaps he believes that if he gives them enough information they will be able to make that decision for themselves. Then maybe they can lead their families to get the vaccine because they fully understand why they got it. Thats leadership. 

Yeah, that Saban guy don’t got a clue. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

If there was overwhelming evidence that hydroxychloroquine prevented people from catching or having serious complications from COVID, without any significant evidence of complications from hydroxychloroquine for healthy young men, then it would be going a lot like this.

But why are you asking? Isn't hydroxychloroquine used in treatment and not as a preventative?

You're not wrong about its uses but my point was about the information being suppressed last year. People, including myself are concerned about the vaccine, which isnt FDA aaproved yet and I undedstand why. There is info out there and we dont know what to trust. Doctors have been silenced as well.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cbo said:

Of course I'd feel differently. Hydroxychloroquine has significant side effects that I have seen first hand. I'd also feel differently if the team was convinced to jump off a bridge. What are you getting at?

The vax has significant side effects too.

I didnt get sick from either shot but I had significant spinal neck pain that ran to the base of my head. I never experienced that before taking the vaccine. When looking up the side effects I didnt see it listed so I brushed it off. Now, I see ppl have suffered partial paralysis from it and it made me think back to my issue directly after taking the second jab.

Edited by AU80cruiser

Just now, AU80cruiser said:

The vax has significant side effects too.

I'm not going into the vast differences between the vaccine and hydroxychloroquine. They have so little in common. It was an odd comparison. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I don't like some in the media that is giving their opinion on it. Just state the facts of the interview. 

How they gonna get them page views without controversy?

• Haha 1

I will just say there are different types of leadership. U have authoritative, lead by example, delegative, and passive. Something similar to that. I guess we will find out real soon if this approach is good or bad.

4 minutes ago, au302 said:

My stance has always been why should someone whose vaccinated care if others are? 

Because my children are unable to get vaccinated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

The deadliest virus known to man ( even with a 99% survival rate) had a vaccine created in right at a year.  Seems legit to me.  Just has me wondering why we haven’t  created these super vaccines for other illnesses?  

Edited by AUatHeart