Harsin: Team 60% vacinated

mb711

19 minutes ago, aub4life said:

I’m vaccinated and I care that others aren’t.  Why?  Because as COVID continues a wide path through which to spread, it continues to mutate.

Eventually, there will be a mutation that my vaccine can’t/won’t protect against.  Then, we are all back to the beginning; people dying, shutdowns, etc.

I know it’s a personal decision.  I just wish people would consider the wider world.  Folks didn’t fight vaccines for polio, smallpox, mumps, etc.  Why fight COVID vaccines?  I truly do not understand the reluctance.

aub4life you are absolutely right. When a lot of us were children, the vaccinations you mentioned were mandated as requirement to not only participate maybe in sports but proof of vaccinations were required in order to attend school.

And as a child, I do not remember being afraid of a vaccination that might save me from a crippling disease like polio. I was only an elementary school age child but I remember the realities of the disease were horribly real and there was no "fake news" to dim mine nor my parents common sense.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Utter failure of leadership. Saban’s already eating his lunch.

People are mad at this but it is the truth. 

Bama is at 92%. Will never be tested over the season. Risk eliminated. 

Out team will be tested repeatedly and might forfeit games or have key players held out when it is 99.8% preventable. 

Yes. One coach is leading his team, the other is flapping in the wind and incorporating unnecessary risk

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Dislike 2

14 minutes ago, au701948 said:

1st time I completely disagree with Harsin. It is not an "individual decision" given the full-blown "team environment" in which the players spend almost every hour of their existence. Current Covid statistics show virtually all hospitalizations and deaths - a full 97% - are among unvaccinated people. Be as politically correct or incorrect as one may like, but this Virus and it's Variants do not play favorites. It does not care if you are Red or Blue, White, Black or other.

How many deaths have we had among world class athletes? I think every at-risk player we have should get vaccinated. I think everyone else can make their decision.

Weren't there some solid rumors that a large chunk of the team had covid last summer? If those guys are still around and still have antibodies, then we have a 60% record, I think our numbers would reflect closer to the 80% that everyone wants. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

This is not how you lead. 

Gonna be awesome to watch us forfeit games or missing key starters of debunked fear mongering about the vaccine. 

The Qanon faction of Auburn fans are cheering today

How do you know our key players haven't been vaccinated? 

If the Turds are at 90% and we're at 60%, are we talking about, both marginal unverrifieable admissions, then what's the deal? Are you fighting about covid or fighting over the 20 player differential the trolls shot at us? This topic needs to be put away. It literally can't be resolved. Both sides are right and wrong. They just are.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

He doesn't know jack squat. 

19 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

This topic is a dook pile. Harsin's stance is nearly identicle to Saban's.  He just isn't grandstanding and being a guilt-warrior about it. The team will be at whatever the required percentage is on the required date. We need a vaccine that stops people from getting triggered. Just like every other issue. Saban is a public vaccine warrior, probably getting extra checks from .gov or some such to be such a driver on the topic. Just because some A-hole on twitter pigeon-holes Harsin's comments should have sh*t to do with Auburn or this board. The percentage not an insurmountable issue (for the football team)  We didn't miss any games last year without a vaccine. I'd stake my membership that we won't miss one this year. Yall ruining a good chance to let the twitter trolls not bother you.

Your dook pile theory is intriguing, but the reality is Saban is handling this quite differently than Harsin. The math says there is currently about a 30% difference. And I bet his players are completely bought in and glad they are mostly vaccinated. 

And can we please stop using "triggered" every time someone voices their opinion. Just like you just voiced yours. 

• Like 1

Very hot button topic. Sounds like the NFL is saying that games that lead to ppd from covid will now be a forfeit if it cannot be scheduled. This is significant because it affects the payers play if it is a forfeit 

41 minutes ago, shabby said:

It's politics because there aren't pros and cons. There are only Pros. Look at how Nick Saban is handling this and promoting the safety and efficacy of the vaccine. And then look at how our coach refers to it. Nobody is saying that the vaccine must be mandated to football player. But the way he speaks of it sounds like somebody who is putting his politics ahead of the well-being of his players

No, it is not politics because there are risk with either choice. There for there are Pros and Cons. Come on, now. 

1 minute ago, cbo said:

The math says there is currently about a 30% difference. . 

And can we please stop using "triggered"

Man we're on page 6 of six hour old covid thread, I'd argue that's triggered and I'll just go ahead and use whatever words I want, but thanks. The epitomy of triggered. By a twitter douche no doubt.

So 30-ish% is 20-ish players not sure how that didn't clear up for you the first go-around.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Gonna be awesome to watch us forfeit games or missing key starters of debunked fear mongering about the vaccine. 

Unfortunately, that’s a sizable faction.

• Like 1

The more unvaccinated there are,  the more this thing is going to mutate. 

Delta is pretty bad,  but Delta+ is worse.  Gemma was weak,  Jury is still out on Lambda,   It is the new kid on the block.

Hospitals are filling up again.

Gov and insurance companies are talking about trying to stop paying for covid costs for those that are not vaccinated without a legitimate excuse.   It is an avoidable cost.  Get the free vaccine people.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

There is also a lot of distrust out there that is FULLY earned and justified as well. The same people pushing the vaccine are a lot of the same talking heads who seem to be allergic to the truth. 

Exhibit A

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Man we're on page 6 of six hour old covid thread, I'd argue that's triggered and I'll just go ahead and use whatever words I want, but thanks. The epitomy of triggered. By a twitter douche no doubt.

So 30-ish% is 20-ish players not sure how that didn't clear up for you the first go-around.

I knew you'd keep using the word. Was just politely trying to show you the epitome of hypocrisy. 

I guess we disagree that 20 players is a big deal. 

• Love 1

33 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

So I am curious...what would you have Coach Harsin do? What would qualify as "how you lead" in your opinion. 

That's a highly disingenuous post to assume that anyone who has believes in a person's right to choose whether they take a much debated vaccine or not must be some Q freak.

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Exhibit A

Damn right. Exhibit A = Fact. There is good reason for people not to trust the media or the govt. Anyone who blindly follows either is being foolish. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

40+ players haven't been vaccinated.  They are all walk-ons and reserves? 

How do you know that?

I can see the name of this thread got changed. Thank you who-the -hell ever. Harsin is our new coach and he has terminator sunglasses. He'll require temporary immunity from random internet dudes within the Auburn Family hit-piecing his thread titles. It's a special moment to be steadfast Auburn. Let's not waste it. I think coach has this issue and many others in the bag. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Damn right. Exhibit A = Fact. There is good reason for people not to trust the media or the govt. Anyone who blindly follows either is being foolish. 

Follow the science not facebook.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

38 minutes ago, shabby said:

It's politics because there aren't pros and cons. There are only Pros. Look at how Nick Saban is handling this and promoting the safety and efficacy of the vaccine. And then look at how our coach refers to it. Nobody is saying that the vaccine must be mandated to football player. But the way he speaks of it sounds like somebody who is putting his politics ahead of the well-being of his players

Look, you're probably right that it's only pros, but how can anyone really make that statement as of right now when there has literally not been enough passage of time to determine if there are long term effects from the vaccine? Regardless, I think it's really pathetic that people are alleging that Harsin is letting his politics influence him on this issue. Seems to me that he's trying to let the team doctors, who are paid and qualified to handle this topic, to do their jobs.

• Like 3

Just now, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Follow the science not facebook.

Funny, shows your ignorance because I don't even use facebook nor am I advocating against the vaccine, I am simply advocating for people's right to make their own choice. I respect that our HFC is recognizing this right.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

You should be deeply ashamed, unless you don't know what the Tuskegee experiments were.

48 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

This topic is a dook pile. Harsin's stance is nearly identicle to Saban's.  He just isn't grandstanding and being a guilt-warrior about it. The team will be at whatever the required percentage is on the required date. We need a vaccine that stops people from getting triggered. Just like every other issue. Saban is a public vaccine warrior, probably getting extra checks from .gov or some such to be such a driver on the topic. Just because some A-hole on twitter pigeon-holes Harsin's comments should have sh*t to do with Auburn or this board. The percentage not an insurmountable issue (for the football team)  We didn't miss any games last year without a vaccine. I'd stake my membership that we won't miss one this year. Yall ruining a good chance to let the twitter trolls not bother you.

Then why is one team 90 percent vaccinated and the other team not even 60 percent?

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

No, it is not politics because there are risk with either choice. There for there are Pros and Cons. Come on, now. 

since the vaccine has been out and available pver 100 thousand people have died and counting. Almost completelt the unvacinnated. Meanwhile posibly 6 people have died from the vaccine. so no. not pros and cons. This is known as a false equivialency. and its complete hogwash

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Does your wife think those men were injected with something they shouldnt have been in the Tuskegee experiment?

No, our understanding is the CDC never gave anyone syphilis. From what I read they were only to observe and prevent the patients with "bad blood" from seeking other medical advice or treatment. It was pretty disgusting which Im sure we'd all agree. 

I've heard other versions that stated the CDC was giving patients syphilis but my wife doesnt subscribe to that notion. However, I have a co-worker that says different. He says his Uncle got it from the doctors there.