Harsin: Team 60% vacinated

mb711

5 minutes ago, Tigerfinz said:

I find it utterly amazing that people don't just go talk to their doctor about how the Vaccine may or may not benefit them.  There are plenty of people who are told not to get it because of their medical history.  It is not just a do it or else situation.  Please don't get your medical advise from a football chat board.  Go see your doctor, and get a second opinion of you don't agree with the first.  Having personal responsibility accompanied with person liberty is part of what makes our great country work.  Would anyone be ok with forced sterilization...this doesn't stop here folks.  THE GOVERNMENT HAS NO BUSINESS DIRECTING ANY INDIVIDUALS HEALTH! PERIOD!!!!  

All the negative rumors started on  social media by the Chinese and Russians to keep Americans from getting the vaccine.

This is not just about personal health.  It is a world wide pandemic.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

I heard no one would get paid 

I looked it up and reread it and your correct on the pay. They stated “if an outbreak among unvaccinated players causes a cancellation it would trigger the penalties. Didn’t see anything about outbreak from vaccinated players.

1 minute ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

All the negative rumors started on  social media by the Chinese and Russians to keep Americans from getting the vaccine.

This is not just about personal health.  It is a world wide pandemic.

Now that's funny...since you seem to think that the Constitution and the God given rights it declares we have, stop mattering when there is sickness in the world.  Sorry buddy. That just doesn't fly. Government didn't give us those rights, hence, they have no right to take them away.  Period.  Laugh all you want.  It doesn't change the facts.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

15 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

https://cov19.cc/

Click the USA button,  click alabama,  Look at the graph,  READ the numbers.

You need to learn the difference in opinion and facts, freind

Any idiot knew in advance Alabama would be last or near last coming up to the covid vx percentage. Problem is- your in an Auburn thread. Why the f are you fighting tigerpro or whoever in an Auburn thread- that started as a anti-Harsin seeming thread. Let's settle this: are you pissed at Harsin?

Poll: who all in here is really pissed at Harsin?

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, meh130 said:

I heard last year that a lot of the team contracted COVID over the course of the spring and summer of 2020. If someone has immunity from prior infection, they should not be pressured to take the vaccine.

What immunity? You know you can have it, get better, get the vaccine, and still get again RIGHT.

15 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Because in your reply, the first  thing out of your mouth was a personal  attack at me. 

Tigerpro2a said: "Funny, shows your ignorance... "    

That is not a personal attack nor was it meant to be one. Good lord chill out. I was point out your ignorance in your assumptions about me.. That is not an insult or an attack. 

Just now, jAUSon said:

Any idiot knew in advance Alabama would be last or near last coming up to the covid vx percentage. Problem is- your in an Auburn thread. Why the f are you fighting tigerpro or whoever in an Auburn thread- that started as a anti-Harsin seeming thread. Let's settle this: are you pissed at Harsin?

Hell, a couple of guys want to fire him now. I normally wait till a coach loses the first game before I call for his head..

1 minute ago, Tigerfinz said:

Now that's funny...since you seem to think that the Constitution and the God given rights it declares we have, stop mattering when there is sickness in the world.  Sorry buddy. That just doesn't fly. Government didn't give us those rights, hence, they have no right to take them away.  Period.  Laugh all you want.  It doesn't change the facts.

not laughing at all.  People should want to get the vaccine.   It should not have to come to a mandate.  But this will never end without vaccinations.   The young wont be spring chickens forever.   It has almost been a year and a half already.  This thing is mutating and hitting younger people harder.    In ten years all these 23 year old seniors will be 33 do they really want this thing to still be around?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Don't get mad at  me because the science and logic challenged your conspiracy theory.   Follow the science.  Look at the facts. 

Do you know anyone that has had any complications other than a headache and being tired the day after getting the vaccine?   

Out of the 100 or so I know have been vaccinated,  NONE have had any problems other than a headache and being tired the day after then shot when their immune system kicks in.

Do you know anyone that has had Covid?   

Any of them have complications or die?   Last year I knew about 6 people total that had Covid.    I know 12 people that have or had it in In the last 6 weeks. 

Since feb 2019:   2 died, 4 have been hospitalized and 1 on a vent for 2 weeks. 

The virus will keep mutating as long as the unwashed refuse the proven vaccine.  Most mutations will die out,  but is already  a  delta +  and Lambda  variant that are  as bad or worse than delta.     

I know a healthy 32-year old who very nearly died from the shot. Another 60+ woman who had a bad enough reaction to the first shot that even her doctor told her not to go back and get the second dose. So that's two people - and I certainly don't know a million folks, so it's not 1 in a million like we've been told. Before that, I was leaning toward getting the shot. I'm not really against it, but there are some valid reasons for people (especially under 50) to hesitate. Obviously everyone over 50 should get it because there is really no question the risk of the virus outweighs any risk in the vaccine. 

Your mutation point is a good one and would be the reason I may still get the shot. But people need to stop declaring the vaccine is absolutely safe and no one should question or hesitate getting it. If I can rattle off two firsthand examples from the last two months, I do wonder how many more are out there. 

Edited by Sani-Freeze
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

I would be really surprised if AU left it up to each individual sport on how this information would be shared to it’s participants.

25 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

https://cov19.cc/

Click the USA button,  click alabama,  Look at the graph,  READ the numbers.

You need to learn the difference in opinion and facts, freind

Was referring to his post about there not being anything but pros to getting the vaccine. That is opinion. 

1 minute ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

In ten years all these 23 year old seniors will be 33 do they really want this thing to still be around?

It will still be around almost certainly. I think it will be endemic like influenza and we’ll be getting booster shots. I still advocate strongly for the vaccine, both for personal and public health reasons, because I think that based upon the data it is safe and highly effective. I don’t think that we are going to eradicate this virus, e.g. smallpox.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Why such harsh words?

I love Harsin.  Harsin hands are tied.  He cant demand the team get a vaccine.  The team should want to get it.

The post wasn't about Alabama being low.  The post shows how much safer the vaccine is compared to the virus. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sani-Freeze said:

I know a healthy 32-year old who very nearly died from the shot. Another 60+ woman who had a bad enough reaction to the first shot that even her doctor told her not to go back and get the second dose. So that's two people - and I certainly don't know a million folks, so it's not 1 in million like we've been told. Before that, I was leaning toward getting the shot. I'm not really against it, but there are some valid reasons for people (especially under 50) to hesitate. Obviously everyone over 50 should get it because there is really no question the risk of the virus outweighs any risk in the vaccine. 

Your mutation point is a good one and would be the reason I may still get the shot. But people need to stop declaring the vaccine is absolutely safe and no one should question or hesitate getting it. 

Thank you.. Everybody wants to act like it's just a possible headache that you may get. From the conversations I have had, the unknown is the biggest factor. People. just don't know what kind of problems this could cause down the road.

1 minute ago, fredst said:

I don’t think that we are going to eradicate this virus, e.g. smallpox.

I do not think so either.  I guess it is possible.  We just need to keep it from mutating further.

11 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

LOL I don't know why either. He is acting like I said not to take it. I have not made any claim good or bad about the vaccine period. Just that people should have the right to choose. He's already called me a conspiracy theory and that I get my info from facebook and all sorts of crazy claims.

Everybody needs to settle down! This is a neighborhood!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Sani-Freeze said:

I know a healthy 32-year old who very nearly died from the shot. Another 60+ woman who had a bad enough reaction to the first shot that even her doctor told her not to go back and get the second dose. So that's two people - and I certainly don't know a million folks, so it's not 1 in a million like we've been told. Before that, I was leaning toward getting the shot. I'm not really against it, but there are some valid reasons for people (especially under 50) to hesitate. Obviously everyone over 50 should get it because there is really no question the risk of the virus outweighs any risk in the vaccine. 

Your mutation point is a good one and would be the reason I may still get the shot. But people need to stop declaring the vaccine is absolutely safe and no one should question or hesitate getting it. 

My wife took care of a previously healthy unvaccinated 42 yo that died like a dog from COVID last week. There are anecdotes like this on both sides of the argument. I personally interpret the data to strongly favor vaccination but you are right, very little is absolutely black and white in the world. That’s why I think that Harsin’s comments regarding vaccination weren’t from the lunatic fringe though *my personal bias* wishes that he had advocated strongly for vaccination.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Sani-Freeze said:

The vaccine is not 100% safe.    but it is safer than the virus by a long shot.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sani-Freeze said:

Exactly.  This is also the point.  I had the disease very early in the process.  I know it is real.  I happen to be very healthy with a rather great immune system.  I was sick for nearly a month.  Not really bad symptoms, but I couldn't kick my cough and couldn't clear my lungs of phlegm.  It actually got me to quit smoking, which is my one good thing that has come from this situation.  I expect I would have some natural immunity, or better ability to fight another infection, if I happen to catch it again. I believe that that's the way your immune system usually works. I may consider getting the vaccine at some point, but it will be after I see the real results from this giant clinical trial that so many people are in right now. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sani-Freeze said:

Your mutation point is a good one and would be the reason I may still get the shot. But people need to stop declaring the vaccine is absolutely safe and no one should question or hesitate getting it. If I can rattle off two firsthand examples from the last two months, I do wonder how many more are out there. 

ANY vaccine will cause reactions in a very small number of people. ANY vaccine. But the risk in this vaccine has been blown out of proportion because the virus was made into a political issue instead of a serious public  health issue. This vaccine is as safe as ANY OTHER VACCINE. The misinformation is causing people to die needlessly. The risk is very real and the Delta variant is deadly. Millions and millions of people have had the vaccine and suffered no life threatening side effects. That in itself makes the vaccine a safe one. The research used in the SARS-CoV-2 vaccine has been around for 20 years and it is really not new. Scientists already knew about COVID and how it operates in the human body so they knew how to make a vaccine that would work as safely as possible. 

Vaccines are like seat belts. You are always at risk of getting into a car accident every time you are in a car, so you buckle up. When an accident happens, the seat belt protects you from serious injury. In some cases you may still be a little banged up....but you are alive. Vaccines work in the same way. Even if you contract the disease, if you have been vaccinated you will most likely survive it. 

• Like 2

Wish that I could say what I wanted to say but I'm worried it'll be "too political". Just want to say that I appreciate the hell out of the people like @AuCivilEng1@McLoofus@Quietmaninthecorner@TexasTiger@W.E.D (others that I'm definitely missing) in this thread using facts and science to dictate their reasoning to get the vaccine and try to help stem this virus. You all are the reasons I haven't lost complete faith in this forum as a whole.

The fact that after 620k+ people have died in the U.S. alone and we still have a jackass in this thread that wants refer to Covid as a "boogeyman" makes me want to never frequent this board ever again but it's people like the ones I @'ed above that keep me coming back. Seriously, from a poster that hardly ever posts in the football forum anymore, I thank you all.

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 2
  • Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, Tigerfinz said:

Exactly.  This is also the point.  I had the disease very early in the process.  I know it is real.  I happen to be very healthy with a rather great immune system.  I was sick for nearly a month.  Not really bad symptoms, but I couldn't kick my cough and couldn't clear my lungs of phlegm.  It actually got me to quit smoking, which is my one good thing that has come from this situation.  I expect I would have some natural immunity, or better ability to fight another infection, if I happen to catch it again. I believe that that's the way your immune system usually works. I may consider getting the vaccine at some point, but it will be after I see the real results from this giant clinical trial that so many people are in right now. 

Your immunity may not last that long.....like with the flu.....especially with the variants. That's why boosters will be necessary.

• Like 2