GOP Governo{ meee maw }r Says It's Time To 'Blame The Unvaccinated' For Pandemic Surge

aubiefifty

GOP Governor Says It's Time To 'Blame The Unvaccinated' For Pandemic Surge

Ed Mazza
Fri, July 23, 2021, 3:22 AM

A Republican governor in one of the states hit hardest by the delta variant of the coronavirus called out those who’ve refused the vaccine on Thursday.

“It’s time to start blaming the unvaccinated folks, not the regular folks,” said Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey, per CBS 42 in Birmingham. “It’s the unvaccinated folks that are letting us down.”

Ivey, who was vaccinated in December, also seemed to throw some shade at Fox News and other right-wing media outlets.

“Media, I want you to start reporting the facts,” she said. “The new cases of COVID are because of unvaccinated folks. Almost 100 percent of the new hospitalizations are with unvaccinated folks. And the deaths are certainly occurring with the unvaccinated folks.”

Although she didn’t name names, Fox News hosts, such as Tucker Carlson, have attempted to cast doubt on the effectiveness of the coronavirus vaccines. Carlson said the notion that the U.S. was now in a pandemic of the unvaccinated was “simply untrue” and “a lie.”

Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey (R), who was vaccinated in December, threw some shade at Fox News and other right-wing media outlets for providing misinformation about the coronavirus vaccines. (Photo: Marvin Gentry via Reuters)

Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey (R), who was vaccinated in December, threw some shade at Fox News and other right-wing media outlets for providing misinformation about the coronavirus vaccines. (Photo: Marvin Gentry via Reuters)

One Alabama ER doc recently shared the haunting tales of dying coronavirus patients who begged for the vaccine that they had previously refused.

“I hold their hand and tell them that I’m sorry, but it’s too late,” Dr. Brytney Cobia wrote on Facebook.

Alabama has seen a 311% jump in cases over the past two weeks, according to The New York Times, and a 92% increase in hospitalizations. The state’s rate of 23 new cases per 100,000 people was tied for the ninth highest in the nation. Alabama is also tied for the lowest vaccination rate in the U.S.

Ivey has not exactly helped her case. Last week, she rejected a plan by President Joe Biden in which community-based volunteers would go door to door to encourage COVID-19 vaccination and offer help to those who need it.

She also signed a bill banning “vaccine passports” in her state. That same law also banned businesses from requiring vaccination or even asking about vaccination status and banned schools, including colleges, from requiring the vaccine despite the fact that Alabama schools currently require multiple shots, with certain exemptions allowed.

Earlier this week, Ivey rejected a call for wearing masks in schools that was made by the American Academy of Pediatrics.

Edited by aubiefifty

Pell City mother loses son to COVID, changes her mind about getting COVID-19 vaccine

2 minutes

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WBRC) - A Pell City mother said she has changed her mind about getting the COVID-19 vaccine after losing her son to the virus.

Christy Carpenter said her son Curt died from COVID complications. He was unvaccinated.

Christy said her daughter Cayla, her son Curt, and Christy were all diagnosed with COVID-19 in March 2021. Curt was hospitalized for 50 days before he passed away.

Christy was in the hospital for eight days and she is still on oxygen.

Christy said she was hesitant about the vaccine before they all got COVID. She felt like it was developed too quickly, and because she had some other health concerns, she wasn’t sure about getting it. Christy said through sharing her story she hopes more people will take the vaccine to protect themselves and their loved ones.

She said she was told if she gets COVID again, with her lung health, she might not pull through. She said her daughter told her they would go together to get the vaccine to help prevent the virus.

Cayla told her mom we need to get the vaccine because, “I can’t go through this again.”

Mom and daughter are scheduled to get the vaccine on July 2

1 minute ago, DKW 86 said:

That means that everything but the Un-Vaccinated will now be blamed.

i am not sure but that kid took fifty days to smother to death. fifty days of oxygen and still struggling to breathe. it is horrible and i have been told this first hand by a couple of friends who had family members die. and during the surges many of them died alone with no family to comfort them. it is sad.

4 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

That means that everything but the Un-Vaccinated will now be blamed.

when did people become so stupid i wonder?

we’ve always been stupid, we are more ignorant of how stupid we now look at times. we just dont care anymore 

• Like 1

Over 90% of the new cases right now are from unvaccinated people.  Over 97% of those hospitalized are unvaccinated and almost 100% of those who are dying of COVID right now are unvaccinated.  It's essentially a pandemic of the unvaccinated right now, though them giving the virus fertile ground and time to continue spreading and mutating may eventually allow it to mutate in a way that evades the vaccines more effectively.

I'm sure she pissed off a bunch of people but all she's doing is relaying the data.  The numbers don't lie.  If you wanna be mad, I guess you can be mad at math.

Folks need to get their heads out of their asses and get the shots.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Over 90% of the new cases right now are from unvaccinated people.  Over 97% of those hospitalized are unvaccinated and almost 100% of those who are dying of COVID right now are unvaccinated.  It's essentially a pandemic of the unvaccinated right now, though them giving the virus fertile ground and time to continue spreading and mutating may eventually allow it to mutate in a way that evades the vaccines more effectively.

I'm sure she pissed off a bunch of people but all she's doing is relaying the data.  The numbers don't lie.  If you wanna be mad, I guess you can be mad at math.

Folks need to get their heads out of their asses and get the shots.

In my circle, exactly half of my IT group will not get Vaccintated.
About half of our Engineering Dept will not get Vaccinated.
Of the males I hang with at church, hell I may be the only one I know that gets vaccinated. My 13 person small group, I am the only one. If their jobs force them a few more may get vaccinated 2-3 more is all. And they will only do it to save their career.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

In my circle, exactly half of my IT group will not get Vaccintated.
About half of our Engineering Dept will not get Vaccinated.
Of the males I hang with at church, hell I may be the only one I know that gets vaccinated. My 13 person small group, I am the only one. If their jobs force them a few more may get vaccinated 2-3 more is all. And they will only do it to save their career.

It’s total idiocy. The very people who bitched and moaned about lockdowns, masks, and limited capacity at events the most are the very ones most likely to usher some or all of it back in. All the while blathering like morons about gubment control and muh freedumb. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2