Looks Like a Done Deal

AU-24

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/texas-oklahoma-expected-to-declare-intent-to-leave-big-12-in-24-48-hours-with-sec-as-landing-spot/amp/

Texas, Oklahoma expected to declare intent to leave Big 12 in '24-48 hours' with SEC as landing spot

Edited by AU-24
Additions
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• AU-24 changed the title to Looks Like a Done Deal

If I can find a way to delete this thread, will the deal be cancelled?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Beaker said:

If I can find a way to delete this thread, will the deal be cancelled?

You will need 75% of the members here to vote yes. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

You will need 75% of the members here to vote yes. 

Great; looks like the odds are in my favor.   Let me get to work!

7 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Great; looks like the odds are in my favor.   Let me get to work!

i take bribes...............

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Gotta feel bad for aTm if this comes to fruition.

UTx screwing TAMU since 1836

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Gotta feel bad for aTm if this comes to fruition.

Not really... They were posturing and got a huge ego after joining the Sec and added unclaimed championship s and started taunting Texas with their SEC chants. Their campus is brown, treeless army barracks. I didn't mind them until they acted like they were better than everyone because they got to join and then they refused to play Texas. . Kind of pathetic. 

• Like 1

All this talk about Texas brought back a great memory. This was an awesome game back in 1991. Love coach Dye’s locker room speech. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My one UTx story.

I was a kid(10’ish)when Auburn played them at JHS in the 80’s. We whipped their asses. At the end of the game, we made our way to the bottom of the stadium because I had a cousin who played in the UTx marching band. We settled in to watch them play as they marched off the field. A quite intoxicated cowboy was standing next to us, watching. He turned to us and muttered “ You’ll never see another band march out so proudly after an ass beating like that!”

I replied “Don’t they HAVE to march out?” 

He left.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Tiger Refuge said:

My one UTx story.

I was a kid(10’ish)when Auburn played them at JHS in the 80’s. We whipped their asses. At the end of the game, we made our way to the bottom of the stadium because I had a cousin who played in the UTx marching band. We settled in to watch them play as they marched off the field. A quite intoxicated cowboy was standing next to us, watching. He turned to us and muttered “ You’ll never see another band march out so proudly after an ass beating like that!”

I replied “Don’t they HAVE to march out?” 

He left.

That’s great!!

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, WVR said:

All this talk about Texas brought back a great memory. This was an awesome game back in 1991. Love coach Dye’s locker room speech. 

Does ANYONE prefer today’s review show over this format? I hate all the production that’s put into them now.  Just show me some football being played, including the opponents’ scoring plays.  I could care less about all of the side profiles and Brad Law’s piece.  Shug’s shows were even better.  Same with Tiger Talk. Don’t want to hear from the tennis coach waiting for the football coach to get there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TigerPAC said:

I don’t want this to happen. 

However, IF it does and the SEC keeps divisions, can we finally move to the east?

Early rumors are the purse string holders are pushing for both Auburn and the turds to move to the east. Lil Nickie wants his rivals Tennessee and Auburn in the same conference plus then he won’t have to worry about playing Texas and Oklahoma every year as those two will most likely end up in the SEC West.

Of course, don’t be surprised if the SEC screws Auburn yet one more time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Not really... They were posturing and got a huge ego after joining the Sec and added unclaimed championship s and started taunting Texas with their SEC chants. Their campus is brown, treeless army barracks. I didn't mind them until they acted like they were better than everyone because they got to join and then they refused to play Texas. . Kind of pathetic. 

I remember a different version. Texas flaunted their Longhorn network and tried to extort TAMU and the rest of the Big 12 into being their servants. TAMU gave them the middle finger, came to the SEC and increased their national relevance. Now UT is floundering. TAMU plays an SEC West schedule and shouldn’t play Texas, who plays a pathetic Big 12 schedule. In my opinion that’s not pathetic, it’s smart and good business. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Early rumors are the purse string holders are pushing for both Auburn and the turds to move to the east. Lil Nickie wants his rivals Tennessee and Auburn in the same conference plus then he won’t have to worry about playing Texas and Oklahoma every year as those two will most likely end up in the SEC West.

Of course, don’t be surprised if the SEC screws Auburn yet one more time.

@AU-24 If we stay in 2 divisions Auburn would go East along with 1 other. Missouri would go West joined by Texas and Oklahoma. I also saw an article that 4 divisions of 4 teams is being considered with a 9 game SEC schedule. With that set up, each team would play every team in the SEC on a 2 year cycle. They try to take care of the old rivalry games with the division alignments but when you're playing everybody every 2 years it's not as critical. The article I read had Auburn, bama, Ole Miss, Miss St. in the same division.  

Edited by IronMan70
  • Like 1

I'm just not feeling any sympathy for the Aggies. AT ALL. 

Texas A&M board of regents meeting on Monday on SEC realignment 

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Article/Texas-AM-board-of-regents-meeting-on-Monday-168192573/

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I'm just not feeling any sympathy for the Aggies. AT ALL. 

Texas A&M board of regents meeting on Monday on SEC realignment 

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Article/Texas-AM-board-of-regents-meeting-on-Monday-168192573/

For what? Attention?

10 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Wowwww. I thought this wouldn't actually happen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

For what? Attention?

Reads like they want to see if they have any legal angle on it. My comment was specifically because I haven't liked them since Sherrill was head coach there. 

• Like 1