Looks Like a Done Deal

AU-24

15 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Would this take until 2026?

No. Money moves things along at warp speed. Talking about NEXT football season, 2022

• Love 1

15 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I remember a different version. Texas flaunted their Longhorn network and tried to extort TAMU and the rest of the Big 12 into being their servants. TAMU gave them the middle finger, came to the SEC and increased their national relevance. Now UT is floundering. TAMU plays an SEC West schedule and shouldn’t play Texas, who plays a pathetic Big 12 schedule. In my opinion that’s not pathetic, it’s smart and good business. 

I concur with this version @Randman5000.   I think you and I see this very differently.   

TAMU  didn't taunt anyone, they were celebrating their joining the SEC and finally had something to significantly cheer about.  I think they also got Johnny Manzel about that time and even though he may have been the best in CFB, they still finished 3rd in the West ( I think ).   I am in TX and have some TAMU friends...they were elated to be in the SEC and out of the longhorn shadow.  And yeah, the longhorn fans absolutely flaunted their network and how it drove recruits and money to Austin.   Texas is as equally arrogant as thUGA and I think between the two, they have like 2 conference championships in the last 15 years (total - two programs, 15 yrs and 2 titles). Actually, Texas won the natty with Vince Young.    Probably the same yr they won their conference. 

Personally, if I was TAMU, I wouldn't want them in the SEC.  Heck, I am Auburn and I don't want them in the SEC.  I know this is about money, but I would rather add Notre Dame and their money. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

No. Money moves things along at warp speed. Talking about NEXT football season, 2022

Historically, the 2s have brought changes to scheduling.

1982 was the first year the league *required* each team to play six games, no more, no less. (1988 it was bumped to seven.)

1992 was the year the league expanded to 12 teams split into divisions and the conference championship was born.

2002 the league went from two permanent cross division opponents to one and two rotating.

2012 the league expanded to 14 teams.

So, it would be fitting.

Edited by AUwent
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Does ANYONE prefer today’s review show over this format? I hate all the production that’s put into them now.  Just show me some football being played, including the opponents’ scoring plays.  I could care less about all of the side profiles and Brad Law’s piece.  Shug’s shows were even better.  Same with Tiger Talk. Don’t want to hear from the tennis coach waiting for the football coach to get there.

The older format was way better. Pat Dye is holding a baby while reviewing the game! It's much more real and not overproduced.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TigerTale said:

The older format was way better. Pat Dye is holding a baby while reviewing the game! It's much more real and not overproduced.

Yep. If you put a stopwatch on the actual game content bow, it’d be an 8 minute show. 

Edited by Swamp Eagle

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

Actually, Texas won the natty with Vince Young.    Probably the same yr they won their conference. 

That was 05, so it was actually 16 years ago. That was the national championship game that saw two Heisman winners go down to the guy who SHOULD have won it that season. Vince Young is about the only guy I can think of who is in Cam's category as far as size and athleticism.

I just asked my sister who lives in Texas, and her family is split. Her son is an Okla fan and her husband all Longhorn. 

I asked her how her family felt about joining the Big Boy conference? 

She said they were pi$$ed. :laugh: They want nothing to do with playing in the SEC...

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Beaker said:

I concur with this version @Randman5000.   I think you and I see this very differently.   

TAMU  didn't taunt anyone, they were celebrating their joining the SEC and finally had something to significantly cheer about.  I think they also got Johnny Manzel about that time and even though he may have been the best in CFB, they still finished 3rd in the West ( I think ).   I am in TX and have some TAMU friends...they were elated to be in the SEC and out of the longhorn shadow.  And yeah, the longhorn fans absolutely flaunted their network and how it drove recruits and money to Austin.   Texas is as equally arrogant as thUGA and I think between the two, they have like 2 conference championships in the last 15 years (total - two programs, 15 yrs and 2 titles). Actually, Texas won the natty with Vince Young.    Probably the same yr they won their conference. 

Personally, if I was TAMU, I wouldn't want them in the SEC.  Heck, I am Auburn and I don't want them in the SEC.  I know this is about money, but I would rather add Notre Dame and their money. 

Nope. ATM had every chance to share in LHN as a partner. Going to the SEC was a better deal for them, and unlike Texas, there was no sentiment in the legislature to block them from the move. ATM was smart and took the long term view, don't buy into their PR machine whining. With Texas, they were such a major brand that the TTU and Baylor people knew they were screwed without Texas in the same conference. Texas wanted to go to the P12, but the P12 would not accept "religious schools", ie Baylor. 

ATM's main issue with Texas is that UT owns the all-time series with them 76-37-5. Imagine if our record with bammer was that lopsided. ATM saw the SEC as a differentiator, and it was.  ATM now needs to just put on their Big Boy riding breeches and worry about getting to the SECCG every year regardless of who the opponents are. 

Take a look at the Texas academic rankings, nationally and internationally, and better yet, the number of billionaire's they've turned out. They actually have something to be arrogant about. UGA, not so much. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

Take a look at the Texas academic rankings, nationally and internationally, and better yet, the number of billionaire's they've turned out. They actually have something to be arrogant about. UGA, not so much. 

Actually, this is patently not true. UGa has grown men that walk around barking like dogs. #braggingrights…..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, fredst said:

Actually, this is patently not true. UGa has grown men that walk around barking like dogs. #braggingrights…..

Women as well but they look like dogs most of the time.............I said most 

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, fredst said:

Don't you mean #barkingrights...

teambestb.gif

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, bigbird said:

teambestb.gif

😐

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

teambestb.gif

pino-big-bird.gif

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Not really... They were posturing and got a huge ego after joining the Sec and added unclaimed championship s and started taunting Texas with their SEC chants. Their campus is brown, treeless army barracks. I didn't mind them until they acted like they were better than everyone because they got to join and then they refused to play Texas. . Kind of pathetic. 

Not to mention their douchebag coach

Edited by boisnumber1

1 hour ago, TigerHorn said:

Nope. ATM had every chance to share in LHN as a partner. Going to the SEC was a better deal for them, and unlike Texas, there was no sentiment in the legislature to block them from the move. ATM was smart and took the long term view, don't buy into their PR machine whining. With Texas, they were such a major brand that the TTU and Baylor people knew they were screwed without Texas in the same conference. Texas wanted to go to the P12, but the P12 would not accept "religious schools", ie Baylor. 

ATM's main issue with Texas is that UT owns the all-time series with them 76-37-5. Imagine if our record with bammer was that lopsided. ATM saw the SEC as a differentiator, and it was.  ATM now needs to just put on their Big Boy riding breeches and worry about getting to the SECCG every year regardless of who the opponents are. 

This is how I am starting to see it too. It’s major ego. They couldn’t beat them. They got to the SEC. Both brands started to help each other and they stated looking down on UT, even though they don’t play each other. I particularly don’t feel too bad for them.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Early rumors are the purse string holders are pushing for both Auburn and the turds to move to the east. Lil Nickie wants his rivals Tennessee and Auburn in the same conference plus then he won’t have to worry about playing Texas and Oklahoma every year as those two will most likely end up in the SEC West.

Of course, don’t be surprised if the SEC screws Auburn yet one more time.

Wouldn’t bother me if this happens.  AU and uat to the East with Mizzou moving to the West along with OU and UTx makes sense.

Hmm, for two teams that seem to be so anxious to bolt the Big XII and come to the SEC ... ... it seems to me that the SEC is in the driver's seat here.  How come they don't demand a, how can I put this, a rather substantial "entrance fee" for them to join up?  Don't tell them there is one until they burn the bridge with the Big XII and then surprise them with it just before the season begins.  Deep pockets can (and should) pay for what they desire.    

• Like 1
  • Love 1

59 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

Hmm, for two teams that seem to be so anxious to bolt the Big XII and come to the SEC ... ... it seems to me that the SEC is in the driver's seat here.  How come they don't demand a, how can I put this, a rather substantial "entrance fee" for them to join up?  Don't tell them there is one until they burn the bridge with the Big XII and then surprise them with it just before the season begins.  Deep pockets can (and should) pay for what they desire.    

I'm thinking an oil well for each current SEC team would be a good start.

On 7/23/2021 at 7:22 PM, Gowebb11 said:

I remember a different version. Texas flaunted their Longhorn network and tried to extort TAMU and the rest of the Big 12 into being their servants. TAMU gave them the middle finger, came to the SEC and increased their national relevance. Now UT is floundering. TAMU plays an SEC West schedule and shouldn’t play Texas, who plays a pathetic Big 12 schedule. In my opinion that’s not pathetic, it’s smart and good business. 

Maybe.. but you didn't live in Texas like I did when they switched. They acted holier than thou because they got to move to the SEC. You would think they had won the big12 or something. Started spending money like crazy, putting up dumb banners. Texas is soft but Texas A& M and their army barracks campus is pathetic. 

This is far from a done deal. Many things are issues still. 1. SEC policy of admitting schools in current footprint without approval of member school. 2. Baylor 3. Longhorn Network.

10 hours ago, jAUSon said:

Wtf is a early rumor?

One that starts before breakfast. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1