Anyone want to defend Goodman's latest piece?

AUght2win

6 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I think the difference would be the vax rates between UoA and AU. Harsin missed a good opportunity to sound well informed. In the very least he should have just spoken about how and who was leading the vaccination process at AU as I am quite sure it’s not the football coach. If it is, AU President has messed up IMO.

So basically, how good is CBH compared to CNS at pressuring his kids into getting the shot?

Again, I've had the Moderna vaccine for months. I'm a proponent. I DON'T like seeing very healthy kids forced into this. World class athletes are among the very few that can actually say the risk of them having complications from covid might actually be lower than the extremely unlikely event of vaccine side effects.

Edited by AUght2win
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Timbeaux38 said:

I want to read the ****show of a thread about vaccine fights on the football forum so I can form an opinion based on the opinions of others- most of which I dont know.

Get better at sarcasm. You need your words to be coherent to work.

12 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I think the difference would be the vax rates between UoA and AU. Harsin missed a good opportunity to sound well informed. In the very least he should have just spoken about how and who was leading the vaccination process at AU as I am quite sure it’s not the football coach. If it is, AU President has messed up IMO.

Prove that Nick has 90%! He won’t show who’s on scholarship and he’s damn sure not releasing medical info. Little Nicky would never lie, would he? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

Prove that Nick has 90%! He won’t show who’s on scholarship and he’s damn sure not releasing medical info. Little Nicky would never lie, would he? 

I guess maybe Harsin is lying about the 60% then. That would surprise me if he is lying about that (too many checks and balances in that process to me), but just paint me naive.

Well this new variant is hurting/ killing younger people.  65% of the new strain cases are under 50 yrs old.   It supposedly produces a lot more virus than the other strains during transmission. This is according to the medical expert that personally worked with SEC last year.  She was on Finnbaum today.   That's why more vaccinated people are getting it.  But the vaccines are giving you a fighting chance if you do get it.  Really stinks for families like mine with a kid that has Asthma, that have to wait until the kids are old enough to get it (oldest daughter turns 12 in September) , but now have to worry about a variant that could have been prevented. Please consider getting vaccinated.  That's all I'm going to say on this topic. 

We don't really need another thread on it, so if this post needs to be moved to the other thread, feel free. 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

if enough players get covid you forfeit that game. no redo's at the end of the season. if auburn has a breakout and it hurts the win loss column people will lose their minds. some anyway.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

I guess maybe Harsin is lying about the 60% then. That would surprise me if he is lying about that (too many checks and balances in that process to me), but just paint me naive.

Done!

9 hours ago, TigerHorn said:

As I said in the other thread on this, my wife, who is an actual medical expert, was adamant about me getting the vaccine due to age and health, and even more adamant that our healthy HS age son should NOT get it because the small risk of vaccine reactions x vaccine unknowns is >> the even tinier risk of significant COVID complications for a healthy youth. CBH took the right path. The rest of you need to make decisions for your own family. 

Way too reasoned of an approach...advocating personal responsibility, decisions based on specific medical circumstances, etc...you should be ashamed of yourself; well, about that Longhorn logo...but not about this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

if enough players get covid you forfeit that game. no redo's at the end of the season. if auburn has a breakout and it hurts the win loss column people will lose their minds. some anyway.

Hope this doesn't happen but you are correct. The thing that keeps coming back to me is watching the UAT football team during their post championship game interviews. It started with Saban and went down through all I heard speak. They talked about the sacrifices they made for the team goals. They did this without a vaccine at the time. Now they are supposedly 90% vaccinated and they are doing that as a team too. They have a goal to excel there, it's a culture to do whatever it takes. Now I believe Harsin is trying to do this at Auburn but he can't do it alone. The players have to buy in. The "it's personal" line sounds PC and all but I think it's selfish to not consider what your personal decision could have on your teammates who are all out there busting there butts for a goal. It only takes one crack in a foundation for a house to come crashing down. Maybe that's too dramatic for some but that's the way I see it. Losing a football game isn't the end of the world but if you lose the wrong game it is the end of a dream. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, TigerHorn said:

As I said in the other thread on this, my wife, who is an actual medical expert, was adamant about me getting the vaccine due to age and health, and even more adamant that our healthy HS age son should NOT get it because the small risk of vaccine reactions x vaccine unknowns is >> the even tinier risk of significant COVID complications for a healthy youth. CBH took the right path. The rest of you need to make decisions for your own family. 

Nicely put. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, imaolgatiger said:

not arguing here but i am thinking nick cannot release any medical info on a player without their permission unless it is a football injury?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Since we have a whole thread about the COVID aspect of this, I'll take a stab at the AL.com side of it:

Screw AL.com and War Eagle. 

that gina lady writes some nice stuff about auburn. i admit goodman seems to be a goober. but i have posted tons of stories on this site because al.com was the only game in town other than pay sites of which i do not subscribe to any. anytime i have posted stories from their site i am doing it for auburn fans and not for al.com. and most of your decent papers down south charge you now or give you two free articles so the places to get auburn info is getting harder and harder. but many have come in here and jumped me when all i am trying to do is help keep the board informed. the only person i feel sorry for about articles about is texastiger because he usually has to modify article titles to shorten them or move a story to the right board. he does a great job as well.

• Like 1