Alabama and Auburn to the East?

AUght2win

Is that going to be the move? Makes sense in terms of preserving rivalries and making geographical sense.

But would that overload the East? The West would become super top heavy and the East would tear itself apart.

East:

AUBURN, ALABAMA, FLORIDA, GEORGIA, TENNESSEE, SOUTH CAROLINA, KENTUCKY, VANDERBILT

West:

TEXAS, TEXAS A&M, OKLAHOMA, LSU, ARKANSAS, OLE MISS, MISS STATE, MISSOURI

6 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Is that going to be the move? Makes sense in terms of preserving rivalries and making geographical sense.

But would that overload the East? The West would become super top heavy and the East would tear itself apart.

East:

AUBURN, ALABAMA, FLORIDA, GEORGIA, TENNESSEE, SOUTH CAROLINA, KENTUCKY, VANDERBILT

West:

I think this looks pretty good actually. Currently has four good to great teams in each division. Alabama would actually have 3 tough opponents instead of just 2 most years. If Tennessee ever gets fixed the West will be really hard to win, especially unscathed. Overall though it's pretty balanced like this. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I think this looks pretty good actually. Currently has four good to great teams in each division. Alabama would actually have 3 tough opponents instead of just 2 most years. If Tennessee ever gets fixed the West will be really hard to win, especially unscathed. Overall though it's pretty balanced like this. 

It'll basically be the Big 12 division vs. The traditional SEC division. No disrespect to the Miss schools or LSU. 

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

That would be a fun season. I’d love to play the East guys every year. I don’t like any of the teams in that west division, so that works. lol

• Like 1

@IronMan70Taken from another thread:

If we stay in 2 divisions Auburn would go East along with 1 other. Missouri would go West joined by Texas and Oklahoma. I also saw an article that 4 divisions of 4 teams is being considered with a 9 game SEC schedule. With that set up, each team would play every team in the SEC on a 2 year cycle. They try to take care of the old rivalry games with the division alignments but when you're playing everybody every 2 years it's not as critical. The article I read had Auburn, bama, Ole Miss, Miss St. in the same division.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I think it will be PODS instead of divisions jmo no inside knowledge

Best way to play everyone in 2 years, unless we want 11 conference games a year.  

• Like 2

I like the East/West split but I also saw the Pod idea on one of the sports channels, maybe CBS? We were in a pod with Bama, UTenn, and Vandy. Then we would play every team in the conference every 4 years.

After seeing that idea I really hope we go for pods. 

9 hours ago, AUght2win said:

East:

West:

No. OU joins Mizz. Texas joins A&M. 

7 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

ATM will not want to be in that pod I bet.

If I were them and got stuck back with all the Big 12 teams, I'd probably take my ball and go home. 

2 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

If I were them and got stuck back with all the Big 12 teams, I'd probably take my ball and go home. 

They may get that option. I bet the big 10 will be looking for money teams to keep up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

They may get that option. I bet the big 10 will be looking for money teams to keep up.

That's what I thought as well. As noble as that sounds, I bet they take a defiant stand and then fall right in line. 

On 7/21/2021 at 3:48 PM, bigbird said:

I'd rather it be...

North: UK, Mizzou, Tenn, Vandy 

EAST: USCe, UGA, UF, AU 

SOUTH: Bama, OM, MSU, LSU 

WEST: UTx, TAMU, OU, Arky, 

To me, this is still better.  Yes the north is weak, but they'd be competitive with each other.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I like the East/West split but I also saw the Pod idea on one of the sports channels, maybe CBS? We were in a pod with Bama, UTenn, and Vandy. Then we would play every team in the conference every 4 years.

After seeing that idea I really hope we go for pods. 

Actually you play everyone else every 2 years and host within every 4.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Sec playoff?

Yeah, that’s my biggest question about the pod format….how do you determine the league champion?  A 4 team SEC playoff, and then a 12 team NCAA playoff is a heck of a lot of postseason.   We’re talking potentially 18 total games!!!! (12 regular season and 6 postseason).  That’s insane!

14 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Yeah, that’s my biggest question about the pod format….how do you determine the league champion?  A 4 team SEC playoff, and then a 12 team NCAA playoff is a heck of a lot of postseason.   We’re talking potentially 18 total games!!!! (12 regular season and 6 postseason).  That’s insane!

It’s about the money.

8 hours ago, bigbird said:

To me, this is still better.  Yes the north is weak, but they'd be competitive with each other.

I would not be crazy about this alignment. In addition to the weak north you mentioned, you would be putting bama in the second weakest pod and we would be in likely the toughest. I agree with your point about competitiveness in each pod but would prefer to see each of the pods more balanced. Personally I’d like to see:

1) aTm, utx, mizz, ou

2) om, msst, LSU, ark

3) bama, Auburn, utk, vandy

4) uk, usc, uga, uf

this way creates mor balance in each pod imo. Although pod 2 would still be somewhat weak but still have at least one traditional power team. 

Edited by Jgarrett7

16 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

How will we sort out an SEC title game with pod play?

Round-robin indian leg wrestling tournament

• Like 1
  • Haha 1