Alabama and Auburn to the East?

AUght2win

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

To me, this is still better.  Yes the north is weak, but they'd be competitive with each other.

Yes, but these aren’t teams that are traditional powers on a down cycle (except arguably UTk). That pod would be perpetually weak and almost never win the “semifinal” matchup (maybe Mizzou could be competitive)

32 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Round-robin indian leg wrestling tournament

In BBQ sauce. 

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

In BBQ sauce. 

With the cheerleaders 📣 

• Love 1

35 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

In BBQ sauce. 

I like your comment

33 minutes ago, toddc said:

With the cheerleaders 📣 

I love your comment

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I like your comment

I love your comment

Fine, the cheerleaders will wrestle in the BBQ sauce.  Love mine! Give me what I want! Lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, toddc said:
1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

In BBQ sauce. 

With the cheerleaders 📣

Need to post the whole scene from “Stripes” with John Candy mud wrestling but I can’t get it to work. Classic. “I’m a lean mean, fighting machine”!

• Love 3

12 hours ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

20210724_090742.jpg

Pod 1 is good UGA vs UF battle every year. Pod 2 is AU vs UA until UT gets there act together. Pod 3 is all LSU and Pod 4 is the toughest IMO between OU, UT and aTm (poor Mizzo)

4 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Yeah, that’s my biggest question about the pod format….how do you determine the league champion?  A 4 team SEC playoff, and then a 12 team NCAA playoff is a heck of a lot of postseason.   We’re talking potentially 18 total games!!!! (12 regular season and 6 postseason).  That’s insane!

Have 9 SEC games but cut the regular season down to 10-11 games. Then have the 4 division winners meet in the SEC quarterfinals with those winners to the SEC championship game. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Round-robin indian leg wrestling tournament

You and AuGolf have experience?😀

Edited by Proud Tiger

39 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

Does@augolf1716know about this cheerleader wrestling ?

Of course, he invented it. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Auburn06 said:

With all of the realignment rumors..etc at this point I am just hoping Alabama & Auburn will still play each other every year.

Yeah that's not gonna change The Iron Bowl makes way too much money and brings in a ton of viewers every year they aren't gonna get rid of or change that.

On 7/23/2021 at 11:53 PM, AUght2win said:

Is that going to be the move? Makes sense in terms of preserving rivalries and making geographical sense.

But would that overload the East? The West would become super top heavy and the East would tear itself apart.

East:

AUBURN, ALABAMA, FLORIDA, GEORGIA, TENNESSEE, SOUTH CAROLINA, KENTUCKY, VANDERBILT

West:

TEXAS, TEXAS A&M, OKLAHOMA, LSU, ARKANSAS, OLE MISS, MISS STATE, MISSOURI

I hope this never happens, but beyond that,  that actually looks fairly balanced to me.  Auburn should have been in the East for decades now. 

As for expansion, Texas A&M and MIzzou are reportedly no votes.  They only need two more no votes to prevent this from happening.  Would UF be in favor of expansion if FSU was the expansion team?  No, in fact, they have stopped those discussions before.  A&M is already discussing litigation to prevent the move.

The Texas legislature, pushed by A&M and Baylor is also circulating legislation that would prevent the move.

Edited by AU9377

I'd love to play Florida on a regular basis.  Its a crime that we played them twice in a 10 year period and played Clemson 4 times.  Ben Hill Griffin is my favorite away stadium to visit due to its weird architecture and how loud it is.  I've only ever sat in the upper deck at LSU but I'd challenge LSU's claims of being the loudest to Ben Hill.  Its the only place that I've felt uneasy as a fan just from the roar of the fans.  I can't imagine playing in that noise.  Playing Vandy more would also be nice since I'm a short drive away from Nashville.

• Like 1

There has been talk of ways to avoid divisions, and get a "best two" into a conference championship in various conferences. This would require a conference-wide tie-breaking system, rather than just a division level tie-breaker.

The idea is to eliminate situations where you have a top-5 division champion from one division and a low-ranked division champion from the other division. This has happened a few times in the SEC. When a team was on probation, it happened, and when a division was in a down period, it happened. However, bigger, stronger divisions make this less likely in some respects (there is more likely to be a strong team in a down period for a division), and more likely in other respects (multiple strong teams in a division beating each other up). This latter situation (multiple strong teams playing each other) could backfire on a non-division system.

The pods are just a scheduling mechanism. Who goes to the SEC CG would be based on records and tie-breakers: Conference records, head-to-head, common opponents, etc. I expect the CFP rankings would come into play at some point.

34 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I'd love to play Florida on a regular basis.  Its a crime that we played them twice in a 10 year period and played Clemson 4 times.  Ben Hill Griffin is my favorite away stadium to visit due to its weird architecture and how loud it is.  I've only ever sat in the upper deck at LSU but I'd challenge LSU's claims of being the loudest to Ben Hill.  Its the only place that I've felt uneasy as a fan just from the roar of the fans.  I can't imagine playing in that noise.  Playing Vandy more would also be nice since I'm a short drive away from Nashville.

The only time I went to an away game at LSU it was the Cecil Collins game (which AUburn won near the end of the game) and I believe AUburn also played in Gainesville that year. UF was consistently louder (that was prime Spurrier) but when LSU got loud, no sporting event I’ve ever been to matched that volume. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, meh130 said:

There has been talk of ways to avoid divisions, and get a "best two" into a conference championship in various conferences. This would require a conference-wide tie-breaking system, rather than just a division level tie-breaker.

The idea is to eliminate situations where you have a top-5 division champion from one division and a low-ranked division champion from the other division. This has happened a few times in the SEC. When a team was on probation, it happened, and when a division was in a down period, it happened. However, bigger, stronger divisions make this less likely in some respects (there is more likely to be a strong team in a down period for a division), and more likely in other respects (multiple strong teams in a division beating each other up). This latter situation (multiple strong teams playing each other) could backfire on a non-division system.

The pods are just a scheduling mechanism. Who goes to the SEC CG would be based on records and tie-breakers: Conference records, head-to-head, common opponents, etc. I expect the CFP rankings would come into play at some point.

That’s also helped us get two teams in the playoffs, though.

16 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

The only time I went to an away game at LSU it was the Cecil Collins game (which AUburn won near the end of the game) and I believe AUburn also played in Gainesville that year. UF was consistently louder (that was prime Spurrier) but when LSU got loud, no sporting event I’ve ever been to matched that volume. 

I need to get back down there and check out a game.  The only time I've ever been there was 2003 and the game was over before it started.  I also sat on literally the very last row of the upper deck.  I remember staring over the Baton Rogue skyline most the night.  

• Like 1

The big question is "Has Texas finally found a home in a conference they can't destroy?" 😁

On 7/24/2021 at 8:58 AM, AU-24 said:

@IronMan70Taken from another thread:

If we stay in 2 divisions Auburn would go East along with 1 other. Missouri would go West joined by Texas and Oklahoma. I also saw an article that 4 divisions of 4 teams is being considered with a 9 game SEC schedule. With that set up, each team would play every team in the SEC on a 2 year cycle. They try to take care of the old rivalry games with the division alignments but when you're playing everybody every 2 years it's not as critical. The article I read had Auburn, bama, Ole Miss, Miss St. in the same division.  

Mississippi every year twice.  The excitement is killing me..... lol

Just because this may happen, doesn't mean that I have to like it.  We are screwing with a good thing and that doesn't usually result in a happy ending.

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 1