Alabama and Auburn to the East?

AUght2win

On 7/24/2021 at 5:01 PM, Jgarrett7 said:

I would not be crazy about this alignment. In addition to the weak north you mentioned, you would be putting bama in the second weakest pod and we would be in likely the toughest. I agree with your point about competitiveness in each pod but would prefer to see each of the pods more balanced. Personally I’d like to see:

1) aTm, utx, mizz, ou

2) om, msst, LSU, ark

3) bama, Auburn, utk, vandy

4) uk, usc, uga, uf

this way creates mor balance in each pod imo. Although pod 2 would still be somewhat weak but still have at least one traditional power team. 

Switch aTm and Arkansas.  Then you have something.  Need at least two "big" teams per pod for balance.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

Switch aTm and Arkansas.  Then you have something.  Need at least two "big" teams per pod for balance.

I would be good with that. 

Recruiting is now going to be tougher, especially in TX. OK and TX are HUGE names finally coming to the grown table. 

48 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Recruiting is now going to be tougher, especially in TX. OK and TX are HUGE names finally coming to the grown table. 

This hurts A&M and LSU far more than us.  But recruiting is also national now too.  Not sure proximity matters as much as the past.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I like this one with your suggestions. Best Pod balance I have seen so far.

• Like 1

The 4 pod thing doesn’t make any sense to me no matter how you align it.  We need east/west divisions with AU and Bammer in the east and MO moving to the west.  Nine conference games with a two game rotation across divisions.  

47 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

The 4 pod thing doesn’t make any sense to me no matter how you align it.  We need east/west divisions with AU and Bammer in the east and MO moving to the west.  Nine conference games with a two game rotation across divisions.  

The pods allow you to play every team home/away in the conference more frequently with a 9 game schedule.  Thats the impetus behind it.  Then take the two best record and let em meet in Atlanta.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Mississippi every year twice.  The excitement is killing me..... lol

Just because this may happen, doesn't mean that I have to like it.  We are screwing with a good thing and that doesn't usually result in a happy ending.

@AU9377 Ole Miss twice ?

7 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Would be a deal sweetener for A&M.

9 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Would be a deal sweetener for A&M.

For sure.  They play UT every year as a permanent cross pod rival but don't have to be in the same exact pod, so they aren't getting OU too.  Allows them to play more traditional SEC members instead of old SWC members, which is what I think their fans want.

31 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

For sure.  They play UT every year as a permanent cross pod rival but don't have to be in the same exact pod, so they aren't getting OU too.  Allows them to play more traditional SEC members instead of old SWC members, which is what I think their fans want.

Plz no permanent cross pod rivals! I didn't see anything about that in the system SECN floated, which is good because I'm tired of having a tougher schedule than everyone else year after year in the name of "tradition." The league's clearly shown it has little care of tradition anyways, and getting to alternate between the Leg Humpers and Lizards while getting to play the Vawls every year would be just fine and dandy.

Edited by AUwent

5 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

@AU9377 Ole Miss twice ?

Ole Miss and Miss State - both located in Mississippi.  Pray that doesn't happen.

Edited by AU9377
I chose to
  • Like 1

On 7/24/2021 at 8:08 AM, AuburnEagle79 said:

20210724_090742.jpg

Yeah, this is the main problem I keep seeing with these 4 team "pods" is that at least one is extremely easy. LSU would own #3.

Bill Cameron had a good suggestion that included 3 permanent opponents and 9 conference games. I'm going to start a new thread about it.

56 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Yeah, this is the main problem I keep seeing with these 4 team "pods" is that at least one is extremely easy. LSU would own #3.

Bill Cameron had a good suggestion that included 3 permanent opponents and 9 conference games. I'm going to start a new thread about it.

AM and Ark need to switch

47 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

AM and Ark need to switch

That seemingly fixes the perceived strength of each pod, but losing that UT-aTm game yearly is a blow. 

It's still about the money. 

Edited by ValleyTiger
  • Like 1