What was the first video game you remember playing?

Kayson111

I'm an avid gamer, but I've been trying to think of the first games I remember playing and really loved. I remember sneaking into my cousins dad's study to boot up his mac to play Monkey Island, where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? And Myst (which I wasn't very good at). If you're a gamer, what do you remember playing and why?

Pong...then Space Invaders, Asteroids. 

My jam back in the day was Galaga. Still can't pass one up and not play today.

Saved up money to buy the Atari 2600 when I was 13 or so and spent waaaay too much time on it. ;)

Played lots of Super Nintendo later on, but never owned one. I played baseball a bit in college and I remember as Freshman playing mini tournaments with the Super Nintendo baseball game with the team. Looking at the graphics now it's hard to believe we were that into it. 

I was also in college when Wolfenstein kicked off the 1st person shooter craze which led to games like Doom...which I really spent too much time playing!

Still spend time playing COD with my son even now.

• Like 2

Sounds like we're about the same age, johnny...Pong was the first one I remember.  A local convenience store had a sit-down version of Space Invaders.

Tempest was one that I really liked as a tween/teen...the Gas-N-Go across the street from our high school had Pac-Man, Centipede, Tempest and Zaxxon, and I remember some pretty hotly contested after-school Tempest battles with a HS senior (I was in the 8th grade).  I used to leave the house early on occasion to get a game in before catching the bus to middle school.

The lone arcade in town used to give two free tokens for every "A" on your report card and one for a "B".

Thanks for the topic, OP...haven't thought about this in a long while.

Glad to see some retro places come back in style. There have been in recent years some full blown combo arcades with video games and pinball, combined with beer, food and other games like cornhole, etc... Sometimes the video games are free and the pinball games use tokens (usually $1, games take 1-2 tokens). Good times.

Like Jonny & Slag....  I had Atari 800 & 2600, Sega Genesis, NES, Super NE, Nintendo 64, Wii, PS, PS2, PS3, & now currently still on the PS4.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 7/25/2021 at 11:14 AM, johnnyAU said:

Pong...then Space Invaders, Asteroids. 

My jam back in the day was Galaga. Still can't pass one up and not play today.

Saved up money to buy the Atari 2600 when I was 13 or so and spent waaaay too much time on it. ;)

Played lots of Super Nintendo later on, but never owned one. I played baseball a bit in college and I remember as Freshman playing mini tournaments with the Super Nintendo baseball game with the team. Looking at the graphics now it's hard to believe we were that into it. 

I was also in college when Wolfenstein kicked off the 1st person shooter craze which led to games like Doom...which I really spent too much time playing!

Still spend time playing COD with my son even now.

Same here.........actually for me pinball was first true love..........pong, space invaders, asteroids, paper boy........ones I stoodout from the crowd in most gamerooms was Galaga and Tron........used to love saving a beamer up in Galaga till near end and while being beamed up shoot it down😆

Pong was the first. then Atari's Tank game -- I liked playing in the "invisible mode" where your tank didn't become visible until you fired.  I don't know how many bits were in the graphics back then, but it was downright prehistoric by today's standard.  

• 2 months later...
On 9/30/2022 at 7:07 PM, AUloggerhead said:

Pong was the first. then Atari's Tank game -- I liked playing in the "invisible mode" where your tank didn't become visible until you fired.  I don't know how many bits were in the graphics back then, but it was downright prehistoric by today's standard.  

Tank and Pac-Man on the Atari were my first…if I could wrestle the controller away from my Dad.

We also had a racing game on the Commodore computer…it was essentially a bunch of white markers that you had to stay between while keeping your car from overheating.

Pong @ hardware store. Then Space Invaders @ convenience store. 

Loved playing Pong. When my mom would play she would move with the controller like she could make it move faster. Was a big fan of the ActiVision games for the Atari 2600, especially River Raid. Moved on to the 5200 and Centipede and Millipede were some of my favorites (loved the trackball control) along with Ms. PacMan. Big fan of Ratchet and Clank and the Lego games (especially Star Wars) games now. Makes me want to take some time off and do a little gaming.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Four year ago I remember I have craze for Chicken Invaders I love to play battle against faring chicken.The main theme of the games is a battle between a lone combat spacecraft and a technologically advanced race of space-faring chickens, who are intent on subjugating Earth. The games make heavy use of humor, especially in the form of parodies of Galaxian, Star Wars, Space Invaders and Star Trek.

23 hours ago, brettlee said:

Four year ago I remember I have craze for Chicken Invaders I love to play battle against faring chicken.The main theme of the games is a battle between a lone combat spacecraft and a technologically advanced race of space-faring chickens, who are intent on subjugating Earth. The games make heavy use of humor, especially in the form of parodies of Galaxian, Star Wars, Space Invaders and Star Trek.

Any one Here Which is playing Chicken Invaders and I use different animations in game with the help of alight motion would you like animations?