Suni Lee wins Gold in All-Around

Zeek

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

My goodness at all the blind flips and transitions. Beautifully done. 

• Like 1

I know absolutely nothing about gymnastics, but I know something about athleticism, and MY GOD!!! That's just sick. The physics of the weight transition, and then the awareness to know how she had to adjust in midair to make the corrections and stay on point...completely blows my mind.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zeek said:

Woooooooo!

War Eagle!

USA! USA! USA!

If you're an Auburn local go roll them trees!

That would be AUsome to roll the trees for Suni. What a great idea.

The new NCAA NIL means that Auburn will be able to share in the Suni Lee spotlight that will soon be blindingly bright.  She is going to make a ton of money.  I wonder how much General Mills will pay her to be on boxes of Wheaties?  Gatorade?  Milk consortium?  Etc. 

Not only did she win the gold, she is also very photogenic.  She is extremely marketable. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, 80Tiger said:

Best gymnast in the world goes to AU! War Eagle!

Well, not yet...She won't be enrolled until Fall semester. :laugh: (The girl is an INCOMING FRESHMAN!!! Can you believe it?)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, woodford said:

Thank God that other chick quit. WDE. Sensational!

That's just tasteless. Let's not make this a pile on Simone Biles (who has a legitimate claim to being the greatest gymnast of all time), and keep the focus on praising Suni Lee, okay?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Well, not yet...She won't be enrolled until Fall semester. :laugh: (The girl is an INCOMING FRESHMAN!!! Can you believe it?)

Actually, Graba said today in an interview, that Suni is already enrolled for fall classes.

But now it's a matter of whether she will be able to attend them, if she has a lot of engagements to fulfill. So she may have to do some online courses he said.

27 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

That's just tasteless. Let's not make this a pile on Simone Biles (who has a legitimate claim to being the greatest gymnast of all time), and keep the focus on praising Suni Lee, okay?

I’m praising our girl. I can say whatever i want regarding the situation. Don’t like my post? Ignore it. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

18 minutes ago, woodford said:

I’m praising our girl. I can say whatever i want regarding the situation. Don’t like my post? Ignore it. 

Hmmm. You do realize, posters DO give their opinions too on these boards? :slapfh:😆

1 hour ago, woodford said:

You do realize that I am a moderator on this forum, right? And that outright deleting your post is in no way infringing upon your freedom of speech?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

Actually, Graba said today in an interview, that Suni is already enrolled for fall classes.

But now it's a matter of whether she will be able to attend them, if she has a lot of engagements to fulfill. So she may have to do some online courses he said.

Yeah, I guess maybe enrolled was the wrong word. I meant that she had yet to attend her first class, but didn't want to say it with such verbosity.

Heck I don't care what she has attended yet.  I'm sure going to claim her lol. This is historic!  War Eagle, Suni!

• Like 3