Olympics...

SaturdayGT

I'm trying to tune as much of the ancillary stuff out as I can...the mute button helps. The viewing outlets that are more event-focused help, too.

The Australian swim coach going bonkers and dry humping the air after their swimmer won the 400m freestyle was hilariously awesome...felt a little bad for the worker in the booth.

I like Michael Phelps on swimming commentary a lot...maybe a bit too "meat and potatoes" and not enough pizzazz for some, but he's informative without being obnoxious.

The cyclist that broke away from the pack without the other country's group noticing, and winning the event as a result, was fantastic.

Caeleb Dressel seems like a young man with a great perspective on things, based on the story I saw. Loved seeing Katie Ledecky be more excited for her teammate than her own win.

Suni Lee, welp, War Eagle and congrats, young lady! Gold looks very nice on you. 👍

• Like 1

I definitely am too...im not "cancelling" it, but, definitely canceling the media commentary and, and medal ceremonys......first time ever actively rooting against the woman's soccer team lol....sign of the times I guess...

• Facepalm 1

I'm kind of keeping up with the big headliness, but I'm not watching any of the Olympics, not because of any political reasons but i just don't have much interest. 

• Like 1

the Women's Soccer Team just now beat the Netherlands on penalty kicks to advance in the tournament. 

Even Better it was RAPINOE herself that made the deciding kick! 

I can just hear the screams across America as conservative mens testicles twist themselves into knots.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

the Women's Soccer Team just now beat the Netherlands on penalty kicks to advance in the tournament. 

Even Better it was RAPINOE herself that made the deciding kick! 

I can just hear the screams across America as conservative mens testicles twist themselves into knots.

We were up 2 thanks to Nahaer so we actually had breathing room had she missed the kick. 

Looked good though. Takes guts to go upper 90 with that kind of snot on the ball, and that was as emphatic an exclamation point as she could have stamped the match with.

Fact of the matter though is that the USWNT is still underperforming in this tournament. We really are that much better than everyone else we should cruise. That we're not is a bit disconcerting. 

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 1

Rowdy is awesome. Was a great swimmer in his day, and is an awesome commentator. If you didn't hear his call of the 2008 Beijing Men's 4x100 free relay, do yourself a favor and look it up on YouTube. Probably the best race of all time, and certainly the greatest relay split on the final leg.

• Like 2

So you know...this Olympics is actually really pretty awesome so far!...Going into the Olympics, I really expected to see  lots of political Crap and show boat protesting....so far the reality of it is...its been really great and super patriotic! I think I caught one that mentioned a little political issues, but still respected the flag...the majority of what I've seen has been alot of welcoming pride we can all relate to!

• Like 1