Walk about 2021...

I have had several ask for updates so I thought I would create this trips own thread.  That way people can read about my adventures or not give a s***...

Started my walk-about this past Sat.  I bought a camper and just driving around the country.  Thanks to 2020 I have realized I can work from anywhere with WiFi.  First stop was Bentonville, AR.  Went kayaking with my cousin and the river was from a big dam that fed the river from water in bottom of lake.  It was 96 out but water was so cold you didn't want to get in. Due to massive difference in temperature the water forms a mist raising off the water. Was very cool.  In the attached pictures you can barely make my cousin's husband and I floating and fishing. 

IMG_20210727_141835.jpg

IMG_20210727_141902.jpg

IMG_20210727_141905.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 1

So on Monday I try to work in my camper but the AC just would not work and it has been one of the hottest weeks this year in NWA.  So left out to get dinner and on the way back to the camper got a flat tire on my bike.  Long story short, I packed up and have been crashing with my cousin all week.  

I did get the bike back on Wed afternoon.  While at the Pig Trail Harley Dealership I realized that a top 5 destination route for bikers was right here in NWA.

I will be getting the camper back early next week with a new AC unit.  WooooHooo

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing those pictures...I've only been to NW Arkansas once, and didn't have much time to spend there, but thought it was very scenic. 

Getting in a camper for a couple of months and just tooling around the country with no schedule has been a long-time bucket list adventure that I want to do.  That long of a trip will have to wait until retirement.  Until then, will live vicariously. 👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SLAG-91 said:

Thanks for sharing those pictures...I've only been to NW Arkansas once, and didn't have much time to spend there, but thought it was very scenic. 

Getting in a camper for a couple of months and just tooling around the country with no schedule has been a long-time bucket list adventure that I want to do.  That long of a trip will have to wait until retirement.  Until then, will live vicariously. 👍

Exactly my feelings on our, er, @LKEEL75's journey.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

So this past weekend was a little slow on the adventures.  That Pigs Trail is about 220 miles and about 5:30 hrs.  That is a pretty good trip to be focused on due to the twists and turns.  So Saturday, I spent the day meeting my cousin's husband's family.  They were all very nice, friendly and excited about my trip.  We played lots of games and they even had prizes.  I didn't "win" much so they gave me tons of their prizes.  You can see me cheezing up after I won my mini-egg maker.  When I say these folks love bingo, well...  I got new fishing pole, mini-egg maker and some candy.  Also won a "beauty box" but I left that for the little girl there.  She thought it was great.

Sunday was a very slow day.  We were all exhausted.  Well I was exhausted and slacked and napped.  My cousin and her husband hung some lights out back so we could play some cornhole.  (See first couple of pictures below)

Finally today I am back to an almost complete rig again.  My bike is still at my cousins but I do have my camper back and found great new campgrounds next to a golf course.  Very nice!!!

Thanks again everyone for your support and encouragement.  Had issues uploading the pics.  Will try again tomorrow.

BTW on to Omaha on Saturday.

IMG_20210803_224132.jpg

Edited by LKEEL75
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

So this past weekend was a little slow on the adventures.  That Pigs Trail is about 220 miles and about 5:30 hrs.  That is a pretty good trip to be focused on due to the twists and turns.  So Saturday, I spent the day meeting my cousin's husband's family.  They were all very nice, friendly and excited about my trip.  We played lots of games and they even had prizes.  I didn't "win" much so they gave me tons of their prizes.  You can see me cheezing up after I won my mini-egg maker.  When I say these folks love bingo, well...  I got new fishing pole, mini-egg maker and some candy.  Also won a "beauty box" but I left that for the little girl there.  She thought it was great.

Sunday was a very slow day.  We were all exhausted.  Well I was exhausted and slacked and napped.  My cousin and her husband hung some lights out back so we could play some cornhole.  (See first couple of pictures below)

Finally today I am back to an almost complete rig again.  My bike is still at my cousins but I do have my camper back and found great new campgrounds next to a golf course.  Very nice!!!

Thanks again everyone for your support and encouragement.  Had issues uploading the pics.  Will try again tomorrow.

BTW on to Omaha on Saturday.

IMG_20210803_224132.jpg

Omaha??? Lived there for two really cold years

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Omaha??? Lived there for two really cold years

Where have you not lived lol? 

I guess being one of the first settlers has its advantages. Lol

Edited by AUBwins
  • Haha 1

Here are the pics...

• All the bingo cards out on the table
  • AU Cornhole 
  • Back to my full Rig
  • And a nice little golf course behind me to look at

IMG_20210803_224139.jpg

20210801_202532_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210803_224125.jpg

IMG_20210803_224121.jpg

20210803_180951_HDR.jpg

20210803_181005_HDR.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Actually looking into starting a cornhole league down here.

Huuuuge shoutout to whoever brought back string lights. 

SWEET CAMPER!

Love cornhole.  Good game for fat man who likes to drink :)

The lights ended up working great

Thanks.  I really like it.  It is perfect for just me to travel around.

• Like 1

An Assassin fly going to town on a meal he snatched out of the air in front of me. 

x9R5ffp.jpg

Been a fun couple of days on fauna here at Casa de Dub. Literally caught a hammerhead flatworm trying to snag an earthworm Sunday. Killed the flatworm. Invasive species and all that. Freed the earthworm. 

Tried a couple new pubs last night. First was Burger O'Bradys.  Great little whole in the wall bar.  Good food and cold beer.  Then moved over to Bentonville Brewery. Definitely really cool place. Live music, dog park, kids play area with mini-bicycles and cold beer.  They had several different brews. I stuck with the blood orange but tried a couple of the others.  Pictures below are from brewery. 

1. My cousin and her husband.

2. Having to self serve

3. A few beers in and cousin-in-law was upset out him spilling beer and I didn't so he trying to make me spill some

20210804_202929.jpg

IMG_20210805_121753.jpg

IMG_20210805_121756.jpg

Edited by LKEEL75
  • Like 4

Well it has been a few days so I thought I would post an update.  I moved on from Arkansas and I am now parked in Greenwood, NE. 

Got here on Sat just as a storm was rolling in.  It seems very strange seeing storms for 30-40 minutes before it gets to you.  After I got setup I went to another hole in the wall bar that was called KCs East Saloon.  I found it very interesting because there were some folks there dressed to the 9s and others (like me) wearing shorts and tshirt.  The really funny thing was that one of the bartenders told everyone in the bar to not go out the back door because it was flooding out back.  And right then someone opens the door and probably 50 gallons of water come rushing into the bar.  Was quite funny.  Turned out to also be interesting to sleep in the camper with the high wind & rain.  Definitely one of the times where "if the campers a rockin don't come a knockin" did NOT apply.  hahaha  I did love the sound of the rain on the roof though!

Spent yesterday visiting a friend up in Omaha and then hung out at another bar called Tanners.  Met some interesting people as always.  Stayed longer than I should (of course) but just couldn't part from the company.  It is so much fun meeting all these new people.

So pictures below:

• This was me going through KC
  • The next two pictures are a beautiful sunset as I am driving through NE
  • My camper setup in my new spot
  • Very strange how far off you can see storms and how fast they roll up.  There was about 30 minutes from the picture with camper and then the storm picture.
  • The video was the storm.  I thought the lightning was awesome.
  • This is the KCs East Saloon.  You know your in NE when you are in a bar and they have a rodeo on all the tvs.  Loved it!

Hope everyone has a great day.  More updates coming soon.

20210807_165834.jpg

20210807_191801.jpg

20210807_191818.jpg

20210807_200935_HDR.jpg

20210807_200942.jpg

20210807_204151.jpg

20210807_211724.jpg

Edited by LKEEL75
  • Like 3

That's looks like soybean planted where your camper is set up?????? I see that big silo in the background and I know Greenwood is between Omaha and Lincoln good location

10 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

@augolf1716 Yes that is a HUGE soybean field right behind me.  Crazy how big some of the farms are.

I know made the farm I grew up on look like a pinhead and our farm was 1500 acres in northwest AL. A large soybean field like that can look so green and go on forever. I loved working a soybean field compared to wheat or corn. Thanks for sharing your journey LKEEL

• Like 4

7 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I know made the farm I grew up on look like a pinhead and our farm was 1500 acres in northwest AL. A large soybean field like that can look so green and go on forever. I loved working a soybean field compared to wheat or corn. Thanks for sharing your journey LKEEL

They were crop dusting this morning.  Not the field behind me but still neat how close they were flying. There were probably 5 others out watching this with their phones out as well. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LKEEL75 said:

They were crop dusting this morning.  Not the field behind me but still neat how close they were flying. There were probably 5 others out watching this with their phones out as well. 

Neat we couldn't crop dust our fields weren't as level as NE have and a lot more trees. Seeing those soybeans bring back alot of memories. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Today's laundry (and likely the rest of the trip) is sponsored by my new friend Tom and his gracious donations during a new card game I learned called Bourré (Booray).  Thank you Davie and Mike for the new game!

20210811_110216.jpg

• Haha 1

On 8/9/2021 at 1:18 PM, LKEEL75 said:

Well it has been a few days so I thought I would post an update.  I moved on from Arkansas and I am now parked in Greenwood, NE. 

Got here on Sat just as a storm was rolling in.  It seems very strange seeing storms for 30-40 minutes before it gets to you.  After I got setup I went to another hole in the wall bar that was called KCs East Saloon.  I found it very interesting because there were some folks there dressed to the 9s and others (like me) wearing shorts and tshirt.  The really funny thing was that one of the bartenders told everyone in the bar to not go out the back door because it was flooding out back.  And right then someone opens the door and probably 50 gallons of water come rushing into the bar.  Was quite funny.  Turned out to also be interesting to sleep in the camper with the high wind & rain.  Definitely one of the times where "if the campers a rockin don't come a knockin" did NOT apply.  hahaha  I did love the sound of the rain on the roof though!

Spent yesterday visiting a friend up in Omaha and then hung out at another bar called Tanners.  Met some interesting people as always.  Stayed longer than I should (of course) but just couldn't part from the company.  It is so much fun meeting all these new people.

So pictures below:

• This was me going through KC
  • The next two pictures are a beautiful sunset as I am driving through NE
  • My camper setup in my new spot
  • Very strange how far off you can see storms and how fast they roll up.  There was about 30 minutes from the picture with camper and then the storm picture.
  • The video was the storm.  I thought the lightning was awesome.
  • This is the KCs East Saloon.  You know your in NE when you are in a bar and they have a rodeo on all the tvs.  Loved it!

Hope everyone has a great day.  More updates coming soon.

20210807_165834.jpg

20210807_191801.jpg

20210807_191818.jpg

20210807_200935_HDR.jpg

20210807_200942.jpg

20210807_204151.jpg

20210807_211724.jpg

21 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

For a minute there I thought you parked by a corn field! Malachi is watching you....

• Haha 1