Nip Watch 2021 !!!

WarTim

No NIP in Florida.  Come-on you guys.  Post what you are seeing!   Give the Florida Tigers some hope!!!

• Like 2

It was 83 this afternoon in N Florida and I mowed my lawn without becoming a sweaty disgusting mess. That's as close to nip as it's gonna get for another six weeks here. 

• Haha 2

Heard echoes of HS band practice today. Great sign. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Not a call yet from the FL panhandle, but the squirrels have been at the pine cones for a couple of weeks. That bodes for an early long cold winter.  

image.jpeg

Well the squirrel in my neighborhood stole an apple from my neighbors yard. Does that mean anything, I couldn't tell you.  Other than he's hungry.  Lol

20210821_192157.jpg

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Well the squirrel in my neighborhood stole an apple from my neighbors yard. Does that mean anything, I couldn't tell you.  Other than he's hungry.  Lol

20210821_192157.jpg

Yes you are correct. Although your gender assumption is egregious, either sex of squirrel will eat the apple he or she allegedly stole. Your privilege bias is screaming since you don’t know if the squirrel had an agreement with the owner of the apple tree and the 2003 Trailblazer. Aside from that the squirrel packs away and stores the pine cone seeds in a cache for winter feedings. Normally they don’t start this early unless they are expecting a long cold winter. Mild or warm winters they don’t strip the pine cones until Sept or Oct.  Can’t really store the apple.

• Haha 5
  • Facepalm 1

I'm ready for some NIP.  I swear the past 3 days have been the hottest all summer.  Saw a high around 80 on the 1st around North Alabama.  This will probably be the result of this tropical system forming in the Gulf but any help is appreciated at this point.  Also hope minimal loss of life and damage if this Hurricane gets as strong as they are hinting at.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I think jj3jordan was just trying to joke with you at least through the 2003 Trailblazer comment. Just my opinion of course. 

If that's correct @jj3jordan, then I will delete my post and apologize to you.

@gr82bedo you mind editing yours too take the quote out?

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 1

On 8/26/2021 at 8:56 PM, Proud Tiger said:

Still hot in Auburn. Most students in shorts and t-shirts today.

Pictures please

A couple of days ago, the new grand boy was fussy, so I took him out to the back patio for the first time.  Surprisingly enough, it wasn’t overwhelmingly hot and there was actually a coolish breeze that made it even more pleasant.  I’m not quite skilled at holding a baby and taking a selfie of him yet, or I would show you how much he loved it outdoors.  I think Jameson knows the Nip is almost here! 

• Like 4

3rdGen getting out of the gate first!

Drinking some Jameson and showing us some Nip pics!

Sweet!!

:big:

• Like 1

The Nip MUST be called before the first game. Getting closer …….

• Like 3

In my experience the NIP occurs in the morning (late August early September) long before it is noticed in the evening.

Take the dog outside when the humidity is low, morning temp < 70 and slight movement of wind from the NE and you feel the need a long sleeve shirt.

Its football time in the SEC and showtime on the football forum.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, bdc81 said:

In my experience the NIP occurs in the morning (late August early September) long before it is noticed in the evening.

Take the dog outside when the humidity is low, morning temp < 70 and slight movement of wind from the NE and you feel the need a long sleeve shirt.

Its football time in the SEC and showtime on the football forum.

Really?  You mean the NIP has nothing to do with the picture Stoic posted?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, aublaise said:

That’s everything the nip is about. The unfurling of the photo. 😝 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, aublaise said:

The picture is showtime.

Really!